IGNORED

Private Dancer and lots more

Daveo

Dave here from Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop on Soi Chaiyapoon.

One of the best Thai books around at the moment is Private Dancer by Stephen Leather and he is coming to the bookshop here in Pattaya at the weekend and bringing me a fresh supply of them brand new.

Call me Dave on 0865 754 966

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daveo

• Sex Kitten

• dksharron

• bkkdave

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the best Thai books around at the moment is Private Dancer by Stephen Leather and he is coming to the bookshop here in Pattaya at the weekend and bringing me a fresh supply of them brand new.

Fantastic book..

Try The China Man by Stephen Leather also a great read..

Di... :ThankGod1:

and 'Banged up' was a good read, makes you want to keep out of trouble in Thailand, the Bangkok Hilton is no holiday destination.

and 'Banged up' was a good read, makes you want to keep out of trouble in Thailand, the Bangkok Hilton is no holiday destination.

I have read it "Belting"

Di... :Who_Cares:

I concur it is a great read! I got an autographed copy that a friend picked up for me in BKK a few years ago at Angel Witch.

Well we have a few new copies as well as some of Stephens Tunnel Rats set in Bangkok and Vietnem and all are signed by him.

All on the shelves now.

Saw this in pdf format on a site on the net. Just starting to read it.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

so far a great read

thanks for the pdf file info

at about page 20

I like how the author writes it . But wow man do guys really get like this ?

I mean not that i am a pro or anything but "THE SIGNS"

"YOUR MISSING THE FU*KIN SIGNS PETE" hahaha

whats that movie?

oh ya "POOLHALL JUNKIES" if you have not seen it its a classic

made in usa

from HBO

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, It's a damn good read, but "Pete" is a complete pillock!

It's like reading a train wreck in slow motion!

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

But I bet a lot of you guys had Dejavu!

I have a signed copy of Private Dancer...

Adam at the Cherry Bar got it for me.

Read it and believe it LOL...

A good read for newbies.

Di... :rolleyes:

Try once:

"WELCOME TO HELL" by Colin Martin about one man's fight for life inside the Bankok Hilton

"HELLO MY BIG BIG HONEY" by Dave Walker (Love Letters to Bangkok Bar Girls and Their Revealing Interviews)

"MY NAME LON, YOU LIKE ME" by Derek Sharron, a true strory

From the age of 14, "My Name Lon... You Like Me?" was my greeting to over 1,000 sex tourists.

My impoverished culture and my mother were the impetus for the sale of my dignity, but my actions saved my sister from the same fate.

colinmartincover.gif

51RFQXAVZWL._BO2_204_203_200_PIsitb_dp_500_arrow_TopRight_45__64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

my_name_lon_01.jpg

The Damage Done by Warren Fellows. Breathtaking read.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I bought that book in Samui, you can now get it in Tesco..

A good read.

Di...

I really think reading these books are so helpful in understanding the thai people. Can't understand why so many guys that come here do not think these books are important ?

• 1 month later...

When I flew from the UK in February a pal who works in immigration bought me Welcome to Hell, I think he was trying to be funny!. :WTF1:

But an excellent read.

• 2 months later...

Very personal service. real nice.

Bought it in Heathrow airport a few years ago, started reading it on the plane and finished it by the time I arrived.

Fantastic read, would recommend it to all travellers.

Prince

The funny thing here is that I saw a heap of books for sale like the ones mentioned when I was in Singapore last year. There must've been at least 6 different titles all dealing with bar girls. I ended up buying one, but threw it out as it was crap.

The one I bought was written by an Australian. For memory it was the title was something like "love you long time - advice for newbies in Pattaya". I shoul've sold it on Ebay but ended up throwing it in the bin.

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!

• 5 months later...

damage done and private dancer are defo newbie reads opens your eyes to the bigger picture in thailand

2226683440102916010S500x500Q85.jpg

So in the end, was it worth it? Jesus Christ. How irreparably changed my life has become. It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in. I'll grant you I've had more than my share of poignant moments. Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it. Throughout my lifetime, I've left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there's almost not enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door

private dancer read it about 3 times now,,,scary,,,,so near the truth

It's a great book but i think it's fair to say that it is the extreme of bad bargirls and the same for niave Monger??

• 2 weeks later...
It's a great book but i think it's fair to say that it is the extreme of bad bargirls and the same for niave Monger??

Quite right but forwarned is forarmed, and we have lots of books on Thailand/Pattaya, all the popular ones, we have a new section on these books because they are so popular, also lots of Foreign language books, even Private Dancer in German.