IGNORED

Airport Kidnapping

David Brent

Dont remember if this has been posted here or if im confused with thaivisa.com, pls redirect if so.

anyway here goes

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/06/28/809/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...?Submitted=true

That abuse of power (king power) is pretty scary, what would you have done

Anyway copy this to as many influential people as you can and complain like hell. What guarantee have you got against false arrest when passing through this airport, and what will the fucking brit embassy do for you. they havent even got a hot line you could phone in emeregency.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Andrew Drummond is such a fantastic journalist. We're lucky to have him in Thailand reporting on things like this.

I for one will not enter any King Power store at all. I remember my mother came back from Thailand and bought a bunch of things from King Power. I made it clear to her never to shop there again for anything. They are scum selling more items to tourists than they should be carrying into Thailand. They should ask at the register if the customer has a boarding pass to know these things.

What if they really did "forget" to pay for the wallet?

S C

What if they really did "forget" to pay for the wallet?

S C

I wondered that myself.

The relativly low numbers hit by this scam could possibly mean its somethign as simple as thais dealing with shoplifters (big bribe and forget it or go to thai jail).

Maybe these guys were pissed because the police tabbed them for so much money, or carried on the case after fcking up the evidence.

Or one of them did it but was to ashamed to admit it to the other.

Personally I suspect they are innocent. Maybe it started of as only nabbing shoplifters, but the payback is so good it must be very tempting for them to manufacture a few more now and again..

I hope you guys have read the andrew drummond article as well