IGNORED

Ghost Town

jody

Well I have just returned from Pattaya after spending three weeks there. I was amazed how few tourists there were. I was there in January and thought it was quiet then but now.

Most of the bars along beachroad were empty, Soi 7 and 8 were distinctly empty.

Now I know with fewer tourists the pickings are easier but the good looking girls seem to have gone as well.

Second road was a sight to be seen out of about 50 bars I think I must have seen aprrox, 40 tourists.

Walking Street as you would expect fared a little better but by their standards it was empty.

Good to see that the prices have been reduced by the girls, down to 250 for short time I was offered by one acceptable bar girl.

Bad news is that there seems to be an influx of Indian tourists. They gathered in the bar next to the one I use one night and ordered 2 cokes for 6 persons. After one round the boss threw them out. They also want one girl between 2 or 4 men, most of the girls I spoke to refused to have anything to do with them.

They did point out one girl who had been with 4 of them for one night and she only got paid for 1 person despite being promised payment for 4.

More good news, in some food places there is now as much as you can eat for 200B and some places two for one meals.

On Second road the only bars that were busy were the one's offering Singha for 40B and Hein 45B.

Hoping to be back in Oct, hope it picks up by then. But I'm afaid there will less bars then than now!!!

:)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feenzy

• The Storm

• Lok Jit

• MaGiK

we have just booked for november,when i went on emirates website to select seats on plane i think there was only about 10 people on each flight.hope flights dont get cut.

I'll be back in 3 weeks, looks like I will be getting good value for money.

Sound,s good to me !! [ the more tumble weed,s the better ] A place is what ya make it !! . I'm sure when i

get to fantasyland in about 3 week's there will be more than enough ladies to treat me like a king !!

:22600584-Th: [ good , bad or the ugly ]

WS was the quietest I think I have ever seen Friday night (for a friday anyway)

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

WS was the quietest I think I have ever seen Friday night (for a friday anyway)

I rarely get to walking st, I prefer to hang around soi 7 & 8 , with the odd trip to the" pattaya beer garden "

and the " bamboo bar " picked a few honey's from the places mentioned !!

[ iv'e never been too bed with an ugly lady !! but i,ve woken up with a few !!]

cheer,s lawsy. :22600584-Th:

Agreed it was very quiet this month. But I think the same bars along beach rd where quiet last year as well. Seemed weird as some places were packed some nights then the next pretty much empty. WS is slim pickings now and its the same old faces (well the ones I know) but a few have disappeared and gone to try their luck in HK/Singapore etc.

Comforting for me was that all my Thai friends / girls I knew understood that things are tight for us in the West and people havent got the money to come to Thailand. But there will always be places that will do well if managed right and word gets around. Soi 2 / 3 were really really quiet though and only bothered going twice in a month.

@ OP: I wouldnt worry about Emirates flights being empty but it was full every flight for me but 90% tourists.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

Cant wait...sounds perfect for me!

Im gonna get a tumbleweed t-shirt made up...I wana be da one sweepin' up all da weeds for a good tumble back at da loom!

cheers, alex

It's encouraging to hear that some restuarants and bars are offering specials and discounts to attract tourist.

I will be there later this month and I am looking forward to experiencing low season.

I just got back too - the only queue I stood in all week was in Burger King one night.

A couple of examples:

• I went into a normally very busy massage shop at approx 3.30pm one day and was told I was the first customer of the day. This is a place that opens for 10am.
  • I didnt see one single person in my hotel lift lobby ever and my whole floor was empty

Be prepared to have plenty of attention lavished on you as a rare commodity - the punter.

I had a bloody great time - it's what you make of it . There are always always gonna be way more girls that you want to shag than you will ever manage in a regular trip.

Just got back also and it was eerily quiet.

The first notion I got of how quiet it was going to be was when my travel agent called me to say my Thai airways night flight had been cancelled and could I travel in the afternoon the day before or after. I did but wasnt happy. If anybody is travelling Thai in the next 3 months from London I suggest you check your flight.

Coming from Philippines one morning I made it from the plane to the taxi in 22 minutes!!

But the real killer was sitting outside Eagle bar in Soi 7 at 4.30pm and only 4 customers at the bar. We had the full table outside to ourselves. Anybody that knows the Eagle bar in the afternoon will know how bad that is.

So is it better. I would say it's too quiet. I pay the going rate no matter what. Many girls are going back to village and some of ovr fave bars will not see this one out.

Yeah, there're are fewer great looking girls but still more than enough to go around. The prices don't seem to be reflecting the situation as much as it should but whatever, it's Thailand.

Personally, I'm not crying for the loss of annoying crowds and high season prices. I hope it continues!

I'm taking my first trip to Pattaya the second week of November.

Does anyone think it's best to wait a few more months to book my hotel and hope for a better deal?

Hopefully the US $$ gains more value by then.

It's encouraging to hear that some restuarants and bars are offering specials and discounts to attract tourist.

I will be there later this month and I am looking forward to experiencing low season.

I was in Bangkok at Baccara Gogo Soi Cowboy and they have free buffets there every Friday, very tasty mashed potatoes gravy roast super tender pork and lots more.... yum,

but yes it's slow up there in Bkk too, and the girls are discounting some, but not in the bars you have to find the freelancers on Soi 7 and Nana etc...

Yeah I will be in Bkk and Pattaya in 2 weeks for the first time. Hoping everything will go smoothly...wish me luck hahah! :P

I agree very quiet... My first time was July last year and it was busy... What a holiday!!! Since then have gone in October then April this year and finally just back after 17 nights in June. And it's been a gradual decline. I found this last time to be very quiet and 2nd Road especially. There wasn't the same buzz as before or maybe I'm getting bored of Pattaya and need to try something different in Thailand. Going to have a wee break and try again in November hopefully everything picks up especially the atmosphere and buzz...

Sound,s good to me !! [ the more tumble weed,s the better ] A place is what ya make it !! . I'm sure when i

get to fantasyland in about 3 week's there will be more than enough ladies to treat me like a king !!

:P [ good , bad or the ugly ]

Yeah I agree mate, I am planning to go in the next week or so I am happy with that.

Pussy heaven he he

Yeah I will be in Bkk and Pattaya in 2 weeks for the first time. Hoping everything will go smoothly...wish me luck hahah! :22600584-Th:

Things may of slowed down in Pattaya but for newbies like us I'm sure there will be more than enough fun to go around.

Good Luck on your trip Spike.

Definitely less competition but the negative is that there was a lot of boilers shaking their stuff on the poles

as well as being the quietest I have seen, I think the stunner meter was the lowest I have seen ever and I have been going to patts for as long as I can remember. I know beauty is selective but the standard was horrible in general to my taste

A lot of girls are maybe staying home, it will be intersting to see if it picks up (quality wise) in the next few weeks

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Was in los mid May to mid June. Just before swine flu scare.

I love the bargins. LK Metro kireeta hotel 700 p night and use of top hotel

Facilities.

Sawadee hotels were doin free nights.

I think it's going to be like that for awhile. I'm finishing up some work in the states, but will be heading back in Aug or Sept for 6 months or so.

Some of the hot girls go home when it's slow, but alot of them stay with older dudes that they know in the area. So, you may run into some of them.

Well I have just returned from Pattaya after spending three weeks there. I was amazed how few tourists there were. I was there in January and thought it was quiet then but now.

Most of the bars along beachroad were empty, Soi 7 and 8 were distinctly empty.

Now I know with fewer tourists the pickings are easier but the good looking girls seem to have gone as well.

Second road was a sight to be seen out of about 50 bars I think I must have seen aprrox, 40 tourists.

Walking Street as you would expect fared a little better but by their standards it was empty.

Good to see that the prices have been reduced by the girls, down to 250 for short time I was offered by one acceptable bar girl.

Bad news is that there seems to be an influx of Indian tourists. They gathered in the bar next to the one I use one night and ordered 2 cokes for 6 persons. After one round the boss threw them out. They also want one girl between 2 or 4 men, most of the girls I spoke to refused to have anything to do with them.

They did point out one girl who had been with 4 of them for one night and she only got paid for 1 person despite being promised payment for 4.

More good news, in some food places there is now as much as you can eat for 200B and some places two for one meals.

On Second road the only bars that were busy were the one's offering Singha for 40B and Hein 45B.

Hoping to be back in Oct, hope it picks up by then. But I'm afaid there will less bars then than now!!!

:22600584-Th:

Been there when its very quiet and very busy. Who cares, make your own fun, theres plenty of bars, girls, alcohol and things to do.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I'm off to Pattaya in July as an 18yr old newbie.

If Pattaya's a dead City, then i'll try Bangkok and even a short trip to Cambodia.

But hopfully if Pattaya's quiet, I'll be able to get around the sois and bars more quickly and see how many hotties there are.

Is this is the end of the road for Pattaya?

will somewhere like vietnam, or indonesia replace it, ten years down the line?

I have booked to go in september,,not sure what to do now?

Is it worth going?

I think this forum topic should be expanded into a monthly traffic report of crowds, girls, booze and food pricing. For us not living in Thailand knowing the best time to come based on the mix between pricing and good looking bar girls and foot traffic would be the greatest help.

Perhaps I am just a cheap bastard ... sorry.

How about a forum with the current monthly price of a specific buffet, a bar fine, a beer, a go go girl and a price of a romp at a Soi Six bar.

Okay a room price too.