IGNORED

Thai Girl in USA and wants to go home

pablo

Sorry, but I think she is a little confused. If the child was born in Thailand, can ONLY have thai birth certificate. Impossible to have a USA one, as you can only be born in one country (impossible to be in 2 places at same time). Might have a USA passport (naturalized citizen), but not a birth certificate. If she has one, I suspect it is a forgery.

I think this is actually correct. I was born in UK, both parents from USA. I have a UK birth certificate, and a "certificate of birth abroad" from the US, which is used in any situation where a birth certificate is needed. So yeah, the Thai child probably has the same, and not an actual US birth certificate.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

deadwood do you have a life work on your punctuation before giving advice bad bob and you give bad advice

I think this is actually correct. I was born in UK, both parents from USA. I have a UK birth certificate, and a "certificate of birth abroad" from the US, which is used in any situation where a birth certificate is needed. So yeah, the Thai child probably has the same, and not an actual US birth certificate.

sorry i still disagree with you imho

as wife says that the thai birth certificate that she has got for son

from thai embassy gives him nationality in thailand

and because he was born in britain he also has that nationality

in other words son has dual nationality ie brit/thai

just read the added/updated version

and if i got it wrong or read something between the lines that was not there

i would just like to say sorry

i would now say that the info arbiez has giving you is nearly 100%

and i imopo think if she need to do anything like leaving then either find another thai

in the area and strike up a friendship and they may be able to help

for example there must be thai food shops somewhere that sell thai food or a temple embassy etc

that is where she need to start and if need be thai embassy would get her back with the kid im sure

hope this helps

there are women "help" groups in every city in usa.. that's where you should tell her to go to then, stick your nose in someone else's business.. men are becoming more womenly every day. :GrinNod1:

sorry i still disagree with you imho

as wife says that the thai birth certificate that she has got for son

from thai embassy gives him nationality in thailand

and because he was born in britain he also has that nationality

in other words son has dual nationality ie brit/thai

My response simply stated what documents the child has, I said nothing at all about nationality.

The OP also stated that the child was born in Thailand, and therefore given a Thai birth cert in Thailand. They later moved to the USA (not Britain), where the child should have been given a certificate of birth abroad from the US (not a US birth certificate). That was my only point here.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

I agree with the person who suggested she contact the Thai Embassy. She can call them or perhaps contact them via e-mail.

At least then, she can get advice from someone knowledagble with the legalities of both countries.

Hopefully things will work for the best.

deadwood do you have a life work on your punctuation before giving advice bad bob and you give bad advice

:LMAO1: