IGNORED

Dubai Airport

tommyg

we have just booked flights for november and have a 9 hour stopover at dubai.could any board members let me know if you are allowed to leave the airport in this period.we may wish to go into dubai for a few pints and any bar recomendations would be helpful.

I dont think you are allowed to leave the airport, other than in an emergency............like if the plane breaks down and you will need to have an overnight stopover. (happened to me once)

And you will need a LOT of Dirhams if you envisage having "a few pints" during the stopover

Hedonist

Edited by hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I travel through Dubai 3 or 4 times per year, with anywhere from a 4 to 12 hour layover. I leave the airport almost every time I come through. It is a little easier for me because I fly into terminal 2 (the one that handles the traffic from Afghanistan and Iraq), so I am not booked through to my final destination at this point. I don't think that you would have any problem going out, as long as you are back 2 hours prior to your flight to check in. Dubai is very hospitable to US and UK visitors, so it is just a matter of them stamping your passport when you leave, and again when you come back in. I usually try to stay in the Renaissance hotel when I am passing through, and grab a couple of beers at Harrys place in the lobby. You may want to check with the transfer desk in the terminal to verify this information, though. Good luck with it. Plenty to see, even if you have only a few hours.

Night time head to York club in the York hotel its good IMO.

I am not so sure you will be allowed to leave the Airport as you are in transit & a stop over is a differnet ticket & has a increased tax level.

A hottie will cost you 1000 Baht in Pattaya £20 but Dubai a hottie will cost you £100 minimum.

In the clubs & discos its £8 per pint or more.

You also have to pay to get in a disco so believe me its not cheap.