Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A few small changes I noticed when arriving at BKK airport

sybarite

I noticed a few changes when arriving at BKK airport a few weeks ago although I haven’t seen anyone commenting on them. They are only a few changes and nothing major.

When we were coming into land on the plane one of the flight staff announced that there were thermal imaging scans being used at airport to measure the temperature of passengers and anyone with a temperature above a certain level would be quarantined. But when I landed I didn’t see any of them.

Although at the airport there were many airport staff and passengers wearing face masks.

On our way to immigration we were handed a form before we got to the desks which we had to fill in with details about whether we have had a temperature, sore throat, stomach problems etc in the last 2 weeks before we arrived.

There was a baggage check after we had left immigration where you had to put your bags through the scanning machine. I have seen these machines on previous trips where they would ask some people to put their bags through but now every single bag had to go through the machines.

There was a sign saying that the bringing into Thailand of certain equipment e.g. scientific equipment would be confiscated as well as currency above 20000 USD. That’s a hell of a lot of short times! :D

The good news was that the taxi touts had been removed from the level that you walk out into from customs. They were all crowded on the next level above and were cat calling to people from there. “Psst,….you want taxi” and you would look up to see them smiling down at you.

Down one level the taxi touts were again confined to staying outside near the doors and calling to you rather than harassing you as you make your way out.

So a few changes, some of them good.

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. I know that in Hong Kong the scanners have been in place for some time and you will never notice them or realize that you have been scanned until the boys in white coats come for you. Again thanks for the heads up.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

That sucks they're scanning every bag going into the Country now. They've always just waved me through :001_Sawasdee:

Is there much traffic getting through that area now (that you noticed)? I've only ever seen 1 machine on :Number1a:

Edited by Jameson

msg-16802-1244750478.jpg

How to resize your Photo's

I live my life like I type. Fast and with a lot of mistakes. ©

Shoot me an Email

i went through in May the cameras were there but they just waved me past the xray machines..

with a smile...

walled out and to the left to the taxi's always get the meter turned on

When we were coming into land on the plane one of the flight staff announced that there were thermal imaging scans being used at airport to measure the temperature of passengers and anyone with a temperature above a certain level would be quarantined. But when I landed I didn’t see any of them.

I flew in from Singapore on May the 5th and they was set up.

On our way to immigration we were handed a form before we got to the desks which we had to fill in with details about whether we have had a temperature, sore throat, stomach problems etc in the last 2 weeks before we arrived.

Was given this piece of paper on the plane.

There was a baggage check after we had left immigration where you had to put your bags through the scanning machine. I have seen these machines on previous trips where they would ask some people to put their bags through but now every single bag had to go through the machines.

Nup, no issue that when i came through.

There was a sign saying that the bringing into Thailand of certain equipment e.g. scientific equipment would be confiscated as well as currency above 20000 USD. That’s a hell of a lot of short times! :D

Didnt see that sign, wasnt taking too much notice though.

The good news was that the taxi touts had been removed from the level that you walk out into from customs. They were all crowded on the next level above and were cat calling to people from there. “Psst,….you want taxi” and you would look up to see them smiling down at you.

LOL, i had me car in the carpark but i did think it was less "touty" than usual !!!

Anywho, im off to Singapore again next week, i'll report back on the conditions coming back in.

Edited by Fondles