IGNORED

Pattaya’s reaction to the death of Michael Jackson.

LaaMok

Saturday 27th June 2009

On Friday Night, following the news that Michael Jackson, known by many as “The King of Pop”, had passed away following a Cardiac Arrest at the age of 50, we went to Walking Street, to find out if the outpouring of grief seen across the World was being replicated here in Pattaya. We assumed that bars would be playing Michael Jackson songs but found no such thing. We expected to see grieving tourists but found no such thing. We can only assume that the distractions on offer here in Pattaya at night were enough to overlook the days events and can only assume that following Michael Jackson’s last visit to Thailand back in 1995, the majority of those working in the bars, restaurants and discotheques were too young to remember. According to the national press, Thailand has joined the rest of the world in grieving for the King of Pop, but we could see no evidence of it here in Pattaya.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/june/n...7_06_52_2.shtml

He is definitely better off dead and probly offed himself

20% of the population consume 80% of the resources....

2% of the population control more than 50% of the wealth...

100% Fucked!!

Think of it as one less angel to Heaven, and one more sex offender to Hell.......

(And it wasn't cardiac arrest, it was a stroke in the children's ward)

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Saturday 27th June 2009

On Friday Night, following the news that Michael Jackson, known by many as “The King of Pop”, had passed away following a Cardiac Arrest at the age of 50, we went to Walking Street, to find out if the outpouring of grief seen across the World was being replicated here in Pattaya. We assumed that bars would be playing Michael Jackson songs but found no such thing. We expected to see grieving tourists but found no such thing. We can only assume that the distractions on offer here in Pattaya at night were enough to overlook the days events and can only assume that following Michael Jackson’s last visit to Thailand back in 1995, the majority of those working in the bars, restaurants and discotheques were too young to remember. According to the national press, Thailand has joined the rest of the world in grieving for the King of Pop, but we could see no evidence of it here in Pattaya.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/june/n...7_06_52_2.shtml

I'd agree with that summary. I bought a Michael Jackson CD for them to play in my regular bar, but it didn't get much reaction.

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

I'd agree with that summary. I bought a Michael Jackson CD for them to play in my regular bar, but it didn't get much reaction.

H.

It probably made all the dirty old pervs in the bar feel uncomfortable.

I think if it were me and wanted to clear my name i would have done a voluntary polygraph test.

i get my kicks below the waistline sunshine

All you hear on News and Radio is MJ MJ MJ and what a great guy (very questionable) and musical genius (true) but it does not cancel out the fact he was a child molesting pedophile? If you think otherwise I truly feel sorry for you. He took innocent children and shattered their lives forever I ask you Wheres the glory in that? One things for sure his victims wont miss him. Why would anyone want to glorify the life of a pedophile.I dont care how famous.Truly sick!!!! You would listen to his Music but would you let him alone with your child? Whats next jeffrey dahmer day!!!

Get A Grip

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Personally I think its more likely he was just a very strange guy.

He had a very weird upbringing, being pushed to succed 24/7 and being a child star. Pressure all the time and no normal childhood.

Then he's the next big thing, cuts himself of competly from the real world and surronded by 'yes men' who agree with every daft idea he has and make it happen.

His brain turned to mush.

All the guy wanted to was to have some idilyic childhood he never got.

Whatever he wanted the world didn't have a place for him.

Of course he could also have been a kiddyfiddler.

He seems to have effected a lot of people. I was amazed how many people in the UK were really effected by his death.

Edited by hazze

I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Personally I think its more likely he was just a very strange guy.

He had a very weird upbringing, being pushed to succed 24/7 and being a child star. Pressure all the time and no normal childhood.

Then he's the next big thing, cuts himself of competly from the real world and surronded by 'yes men' who agree with every daft idea he has and make it happen.

His brain turned to mush.

All the guy wanted to was to have some idilyic childhood he never got.

Whatever he wanted the world didn't have a place for him.

Of course he could also have been a kiddyfiddler.

He seems to have effected a lot of people. I was amazed how many people in the UK were really effected by his death.

You are right, I am not in awe of the guy, not really because of paedophilia (which is not really proven, I think, especially as some of the victims were in for quick cash...) but because he obviously in a fantasy world where childhood represented a lost paradise. With this frame of mind, either you turn paedophile, or you see paedophiles everywhere and obsess about children protection beyond sanity, or, not uncommonly, both at the same time ;-)

Nonetheless, his death is meaningfull, he was a musical genius, the thriller album is something that has not been equaled. And as with all geniuses, even if you can find mutltiple flaws in their personal life (which is usually the case, and the flaws are more or less morally reprehensible - sometimes much more so than with MJ. It gives work to biographers ;-) ), it does not really mater: Their accomplishment (artistic, scientific, philosophic, ....) is what will be remembered and what does matter for everybody except people close enough to know them...

Edited by gregkai

You would listen to his Music but would you let him alone with your child?

i wouldnt do that with 90% of the musicians...

i dont like neither his music nor him too much... and imho its a too big hype about his death... i am glad pattaya dont give a shit about it...

I was living in Bangkok when he visited Thailand (1992 or 93 as I recall). I remember that he was due to perform in a concert in Bangkok one night. Thousands of fans who payed for tickets with an issue (not tout)price of up to 3000 Baht (a fortune to most Thai people back then) made their way across one of the least travel friendly cities in the world and gathered in the stadium. One person didn't bother to show up though....... Michael Jackson himself, I believe the reason he quoted for letting them all down was dehydration but suspect that it had more to do with peadophile allegations against him that had just surfaced. Although many Thais idolised him perhaps some of those ticket holders were amongst those not mourning very visibly.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

One thing that always struck me about claims to his kiddyfiddling was why not more accusations? Usually guys they catch have long and extensive histories of it with many many victims--or one victim that was subjected to it over and over again.

i always thought that if it were true, once the first accusation came out, the flood gates would open and more would follow. Yet that did not happen.

Maybe people were paid off? Maybe now the truth will come out? Who knows, it just always seemed suspicious to me.

In any case--he was nuts. But he was a hell of a musician and dancer and performer. Granted--not to everyones taste, and not generally to mine but some songs of his I really like.

Personally, I tend to separate the art from the artist.

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif