Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

British couple fights Bangkok airport extortionists

hippopot

its just the same on most big international airports, if they dont try to scam u they try to smuggle shit in ur bags.. before or after check-in.

maybe some people shouldnt go out tonight, cause lightening has killed people before..

just get laid, get drunk and have good time mak mak!

good luck for you, good fuck for me

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Brent

• praf974

• waynedaly

• barmatt

I wont be visiting yu in the bangkok Hilton.

What makes this special is that the airport police are blatantly conniving with local villains in the scam, you are not just being set up by outside villains. You are just a lamb to the slaughter, and recognise that you are peculiarly vulnerable at this point because you are through immigration you are into no-mans land, in theory its international space (same applies in UK for example where you are at the mercy of the customs and excise aka VAT and they have draconian powers that put guantanamo as a childs playground - yes really - its just that its not normally abused)

And the real pisser is the fuuckin brit embassy limp wristed tossers who do nothing. Was there a diplomatic protest - like fuck

Has anyone seen the CCTV video and letter from the shop ?? No smoke without fire methinks ........................ maybe the couple thought they could sell their story to the press and get money for it? Or maybe the bloke had no idea what his wife was doing?

http://www.kingpower.com/2009/popup/pop_case2.html

But I agree with the views here that it's for us to have the common sense when travelling overseas .......but don't be surprised if they f**k you over if you try it on when they catch you. And it's not just Brits either (before any others start) - see the link below about a Malaysian guy & a pack of 'complimentary' cigars.

http://www.kingpower.com/2009/popup/pop_case1.html

Wow, how fuckin stoopid can you get?

The video is pretty damning

Clearly the case has rattled some cages

The shoplifting is of course inexcusable, and I agree with jacko, that if you try to fuck with them then they will surely ream you out, no contest. I daresay the couple (assuming they had the cheek to try shoplifting under the gaze of security cameras) tried to tough it out with them and we all know what happens if you taked that attitude with the bib.

What is inexcusable is the non professional way the authorities dealt with the matter - arrested, formally charged, detained till a court appearance. At least that would have been transparent.

However TIT, and I daresay the pink pussy house used as a detention centre would have been far preferable to being banged up in the local nick.

Fair play to King Power, at least they have responded in a professional manner and the official course therafter was not their responsibility. No doubt they are mad as hell about the way it has all blown up, not to mention TAT who will be equally embarrased

at yet another dent in the reputation of the country and their imfamous airport.

Nonetheless its a timely reminder to be extra careful about the departure terminal, regarding personal luggage and your pockets to be sure you are not being implanted with something (this applies anywhere in the world to a greater or lesser extent - probably not to Costalittel Airways charter flight to Benidorm full of lager chavs out of Stansted - god help us)

wow, good response from king power!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Wow first post on new board.

Found something of interest on Thaianxiety seems the couple are the real perpetrators and no the store check out the vid which shows the woman placing the wallet in her bag....

www.kingpower.com/2009/popup/pop_case2.html#

Wow, how fuckin stoopid can you get?

The video is pretty damning

Clearly the case has rattled some cages

The shoplifting is of course inexcusable, and I agree with jacko, that if you try to fuck with them then they will surely ream you out, no contest. I daresay the couple (assuming they had the cheek to try shoplifting under the gaze of security cameras) tried to tough it out with them and we all know what happens if you taked that attitude with the bib.

What is inexcusable is the non professional way the authorities dealt with the matter - arrested, formally charged, detained till a court appearance. At least that would have been transparent.

However TIT, and I daresay the pink pussy house used as a detention centre would have been far preferable to being banged up in the local nick.

Fair play to King Power, at least they have responded in a professional manner and the official course therafter was not their responsibility. No doubt they are mad as hell about the way it has all blown up, not to mention TAT who will be equally embarrased

at yet another dent in the reputation of the country and their imfamous airport.

Nonetheless its a timely reminder to be extra careful about the departure terminal, regarding personal luggage and your pockets to be sure you are not being implanted with something (this applies anywhere in the world to a greater or lesser extent - probably not to Costalittel Airways charter flight to Benidorm full of lager chavs out of Stansted - god help us)

I agree that the authorities could have handled the case much better but as you say "TIT" !!!! 555..........

Looks like the airport and their security and vetting of the companies trading there also need looking at.

Every airport in the world is full of scammers, con artists, and thieves. You have to be especially alert and never let your guard down.

These rules below regarding luggage should be common sense but they are often not followed.

Rule #1: Never, ever leave your bags unattended. I see this violated all the time even by seasoned travelers. I've seen people leave their bags in an aisle of a duty free shop while they browse other aisles in the shop. Anyone could drop something in your bag or steal it, especially if it's a small bag. And take your bags with you when you go to the bathroom, unless you have someone you trust watching them. This one is ignored all the time.

Rule #2: Lock your bags, especially those you are going to check, another rule I see violated frequently. Keep the valuable stuff in your carry on (camera, etc.) Also, lock your carry on if it's unattended on the plane while you go to the toilet.

Rule #3: Don't pack your bag at the airport! This doesn't happen too often but I've seen people open up their bag while in the check in line, rummaging through their stuff for everyone to see. If there is anything of value in there, don't expect to see your bag after it gets checked. Pack your bag before you leave the house or your hotel and make sure it's locked with identification both inside the bag as well as an external luggage tag.

Rule #4: Avoid the duty free shops at the airport. This King power scam is an eye opener for me, but I never go to these places anyway. It's overpriced crap. Your airline will sell this stuff during the flight (if it's international) so buy your cigs, booze, etc. from them if you feel so compelled. Best rule here is to do your shopping before you get to the airport. You will save money too.

Rule #5: When arriving on a flight, get yourself to the luggage carousel as quickly as possible so you can get your bag when it comes off the conveyor belt. Your bag can easily disappear (if it's a domestic flight) if you aren't there to claim it promptly.

Again all this stuff is common sense, but the airport is a prime place for the scumbags to separate you from your luggage. Vigilance is the key. It's amazing how often these simple guidelines are ignored.

Every airport in the world is full of scammers, con artists, and thieves. You have to be especially alert and never let your guard down.

These rules below regarding luggage should be common sense but they are often not followed.

Rule #4: Avoid the duty free shops at the airport. This King power scam is an eye opener for me, but I never go to these places anyway. It's overpriced crap. Your airline will sell this stuff during the flight (if it's international) so buy your cigs, booze, etc. from them if you feel so compelled. Best rule here is to do your shopping before you get to the airport. You will save money too.

Many things are cheaper at the duty free airport shop compared to the inflight duty free. Cigarettes are a good example

Rule #5: When arriving on a flight, get yourself to the luggage carousel as quickly as possible so you can get your bag when it comes off the conveyor belt. Your bag can easily disappear (if it's a domestic flight) if you aren't there to claim it promptly.

I can't understand what the difference is between a domestic and international flight for this point?

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote to the Thai Embassy in Washington dc by e-mail from there site. No reply Not surprised. I read people saying you should check your bags before leaving the duty free stores. What the f--k are you doing spending money in them. If you walked into a restaurant and they served shit food and bad service you don't go back. If these scum want to screw you over trying to buy goods then stay out. let them suffer. Stop helping criminals. If you know what they will do and still go then you deserve what you get.

I wrote to the Thai Embassy in Washington dc by e-mail from there site. No reply Not surprised. I read people saying you should check your bags before leaving the duty free stores. What the f--k are you doing spending money in them. If you walked into a restaurant and they served shit food and bad service you don't go back. If these scum want to screw you over trying to buy goods then stay out. let them suffer. Stop helping criminals. If you know what they will do and still go then you deserve what you get.

I agree with you. KingPower is a very big and influential player in LOS. If everyone boycotted their stores at the aiport they would soon get the message and pull some strings with the low-life BiB culprits. In most countries you can buy your duty free on arrival for roughly the same price (and you don't have to carry it on the flight).

from the cctv video it looks ti me like there guilty. i guess there upset that they got ripped off for more then what they were trying to rip off

Very scary, wont be buying a thing or hanging about bkk airport a second longer than i need to, bad publicity for tourism. BTW BENNY THAT LINK SEEMS DODGY!!! says possible virus infectin when i try to access, hope you were not aware of this.

Edited by driodboy

Marvin%20(i%27m%20so%20depressed)%20RobotSMALL.jpg

DROIDBOY

When I click on the Kingpower link Firefox gives me this!!!!

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.kingpower.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I think that the best advice to give anyone visiting the duty free shops at the airport is to check their bags before leaving the duty free shop. If there is anything in the bag that does not appear on the till recipt, return it to the point of sale immediately. Remember to check inside any handbags purchased, or inside anything that has room to have something else hidden in it. If the staff claim that the item is a promotional freebie, then ask for a written recipt on king power headed paper. If there is any doubt about the issue, return the extra item explaining that some farang have been arrested for shoplifting, and that without proof that the freebie was officially issued, they could wind up in the same boat. This applies to all purchases, ciggies, booze, and all the other souveniers... I've heard of the scam being run with "Bonus" extra ciggies...

Better still, buy anything you want to take home before you get to the airport... It's mostly overpriced crap.

agree absolutely - pretty much everything is hugely overpriced = so you save a few baht on ciggies and booze, that really isn't worth it.

When I click on the Kingpower link Firefox gives me this!!!!

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.kingpower.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Jeese thats creepy, Kingpower launching an attack site, any of you IT experts got a take on this?

I can just see some spotty little cnut doing this to his boss's website out of spite. Sabotage is a national sport in LOS