IGNORED

High blood pressure pills

samuijim

I have had a little bit of a problem in the last few weeks...I could not "get it up" on demand. I needed a lot more extra attention to do the deed. I went back to the states and talked to my medical doctor and he asked me what drugs I take. I gave him the list of blood pressure pills I take and.....bingo....it was the the Hydrochlorothiazide for high blood pressure that was the killer of good erections. Now, this in not medical advice as I am not a MD but he said if I stop taking the Hydrochlorothiazide for a week or so before I go to LOS it will be no problem..and my "get it up" problem should go away......samuijim

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica

I have had a little bit of a problem in the last few weeks...I could not "get it up" on demand. I needed a lot more extra attention to do the deed. I went back to the states and talked to my medical doctor and he asked me what drugs I take. I gave him the list of blood pressure pills I take and.....bingo....it was the the Hydrochlorothiazide for high blood pressure that was the killer of good erections. Now, this in not medical advice as I am not a MD but he said if I stop taking the Hydrochlorothiazide for a week or so before I go to LOS it will be no problem..and my "get it up" problem should go away......samuijim

It would probably be smart to have a long talk with your doc before messing with your bBP meds - especially if you've been on them for a while.

Your doc will probably prescribe adding some ED meds instead of cutting your BP meds.

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

I disagree with your physician!

" Hate The Sin..Love the Sinner!!"

"God gave man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same timeâ€

Thats is correct. Many blood pressure medicine has this affect, but its not that you can not get it up, its loosing sex drive.

After having surgery, i had to take blood pressure tabs and found to have same problem, so went back to Doctor and asked to change for something else.

In response Doctor said all Blood pressure meds had some kind of side effect, some sex drive, some stomach pains, Insomnia and so on.

I have found 1 that does not have any, but could be hard to get. I got mine bought for me from Russia, the name of the tabs are in Russian but will try to spell in English "Rounatin" rom my understanding its herbal base.

If you want more info, PM me and will scan the back of it for you, so you can look into it :Whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

• 2 weeks later...

I take 5mg of Amlopine daily for my blood pressure without loss of Erectile performance (using Kamagra Gell.)

It's cheap and made here in LOS.

Recommended.

Edited by Jumbo

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt very much if that is the problem. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic, so it works on the kidneys, reducing sodium reabsorption, sodium of course contributing to high BP. Although some people have strange reactions to some drugs, I would seriously doubt however that it is the diuretic.

Most erection problems, unless you genuinely have circulatory problems, are psychological.

I don't know what other, if any other meds you are on to regulate your BP, but whatever, not only do I doubt they are the 'root' cause of the problem, but coming off them isn't a good idea.

Cheers.

Many meds for high blood pressure list ED as a side effect. Why take any is the real question, in many cases a change in diet and a medium level fitness program will sort out HB

I take 5mg of Amlopine daily for my blood pressure without loss of Erectile performance (using Kamagra Gell.)

It's cheap and made here in LOS.

Recommended.

I have no medical background but taking kamagra while on BP medication sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

I have no medical background but taking kamagra while on BP medication sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

No. You have to understand how they work, trust me, I do.

Many meds for high blood pressure list ED as a side effect. Why take any is the real question, in many cases a change in diet and a medium level fitness program will sort out HB

The 'new' series of BP meds act on ACE and are not beta blockers, which caused problems.

Yes, losing weight and drinking less are good pointers for reducing blood pressure, but there are many people who have high blood pressure for no apparent reason, however kidney problems are a major cause.

Question is, why take erectile enhancers?

I guarantee you it is not the hydrcholrithyazide (HCT) that causes this problem.

More commonly it is the medication the HCT is combined with that causes ED. e.g. betablockers which are notorious for causing limpiness.

Find a second opinion who really knows meds and not just side effects is my suggestion.

High blood pressure pills lower your pressure, relieving strain on your heart. It would be a good idea to check their blood pressures when they have these "attacks" and see if their blood pressures are too low! The heart speeds up with a sudden drop in blood pressure to try to raise it. It's an internal/automatic response. They may also be experiencing "arrythmias" like PAT/SVT/Afib/Aflutter. These can develop in response to poorly controlled blood pressure and strain on the heart as well as normal aging and coronary narrowing. Stress is always something to consider but only after true disease states have been eliminated as the source. It's very easy to dismiss everything as stress, then patients are coming in to the hospitals with heart attacks, strokes, and potentially lethal cardiac arrythmias. I would get your relatives into see a cardiologist.

The 'new' series of BP meds act on ACE and are not beta blockers, which caused problems.

I've been taking a combination of HCL and an ACE inhibitor (local brand name Enalapril) for 2 years now. When I first came to Patts, I stopped taking it on the trip reasoning that about 30mg of Kamagra Gel every evening would lower my BP for the duration. Performance was ok, but I worried about the long term implications if I spent a lot of time there.

So on later trips I took the BP meds with no apparent loss of performance. HOWEVER, since HCL is a diuretic, I get a better stiffy if I drink a liter or more of water just before the action. Drinking lots of water is a good idea even if you don't take ED meds -- partying and alcohol really dehydrate you.

Got this notion from John Irving's The Water Method Man. To paraphrase the old French doctor in the book, "drink several glasses of water before sex because the vagina is a gracious hostess to many diseases so you will need to pee soon after. And, you'll have a stronger erection." Of course condoms are the rule for P4P, but the last few words really stuck.

BTW, I inherited hypertension from my father. Had been using various BP meds through the years and found that Avalide 150/12.5mg worked the best. When I moved to LOS, I consulted a doctor on how to match the Avalide formulation. Since then I've been buying Anapril and HCL direct from the pharmacy at a tiny fraction of even the Avalide copay in the States -- 3 baht a day vs. 29 baht a day for the copay. I buy Enalapril 20mg and cut it in half; HCL 50mg and cut it into quarters. BP is contolled.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did.

So throw off the bowline, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. – Mark Twain