IGNORED

A House we are building in Phimai Korat

AlantheBuilder

Lokks good alan thanks for the pics.

the last house will take some beating , let me know if you need a plumber 55555

i get my kicks below the waistline sunshine

Looks good. Out of interest what's the budget for it? Interested to see the kitchen as well as I'm a keen chef.

Fantastic built.. Do you use Thai builders/labour. Seen them working on construction site, I asked them , how much they are getting for work, 200-300 bahts a day.. In Ireland , they are getting roughly €15-€25 an hour working as a builder/plasterer, now the construction business in Ireland is doomed due to property/bank/developments collapse..

The price was 1,7 mill ish plus he wants a few X,s , not sure if were doing the kitchen ,maybe that comes latter . We use only Thai workers the wages vary . More pics coming soon thanks for the input lads - Alan.

Edited by AlantheBuilder

The price was 1,7 mill ish plus he wants a few X,s , not sure if were doing the kitchen ,maybe that comes latter . We use only Thai workers the wages vary . More pics coming soon thanks for the input lads - Alan.

Whats the size and how many bed/bath?

at 1.7 million, that's not much cheaper than some houses in Pattaya are selling for (including the land). I would have thought Pattaya would be a huge markup over korat. So, is the housing market in Pattaya really competitive or is 1.7 million for a really, really nice house?

I will post the sizes and plan on hear in a few days with more pics , a lot of the house there building in Pattaya are cheap yes ,but don’t forget like everything you buy you get what you pay for ! - thanks again guys. :D

Nice looking house. I really like Phimai. Especially the old temple ruins. My ex-teerak was from there, and spent some time there.

Certainly true you get what you pay for here. Saw some town houses for sale 650,000 last year. Most have been sold now and year on everyones complaining. The houses are sinking. Cracks in the walls. Walls coming away from ceilings. We paid 1.3 mil for ours and the house is guaranteed. However the front yard and back yard aren't. Only the actual structure. If that makes sense.

Another thing to watch out for is accepting a quote where the materials to be used are "grade A" and finding out they are actually using grade B !!!!!

I wonder if there is lower than B ............C?

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

hi buying land in rayong.like the look off this one.my land is 15 meters by 33 meters,looking at using mudahouse to do the build but not made my mind up.can u send the spec fr that house to me alan maybe could use you cheers

Certainly true you get what you pay for here. Saw some town houses for sale 650,000 last year. Most have been sold now and year on everyones complaining. The houses are sinking. Cracks in the walls. Walls coming away from ceilings. We paid 1.3 mil for ours and the house is guaranteed. However the front yard and back yard aren't. Only the actual structure. If that makes sense.

is this in Pattaya? 50,000 USD seems like a lot to me to have the house built by a contractor, that's all. I would have thought a well built house in the US in a small town wouldn't be more than 100K.

Near Bangkok. It's in a residential estate/village whatever you call them. It's a town house. The ones at the front go for about 2.4 mil. They are 4 bedroom detached houses.

Well built houses are about $200,000k in the US and you must look hard to find them. Try around 300,000k for what you're talking about. Unless, of course, you live in Idaho, Wyoming, or New Mexico then I'd say 100k. Otherwise, you'll be waking up everyday worried if someone has stolen your car or other possessions. Either way, it's becoming harder and harder to afford a decent house anywhere. Propably why most house holds employ both parents to keep their heads above water.

Well built houses are about $200,000k in the US and you must look hard to find them. Try around 300,000k for what you're talking about. Unless, of course, you live in Idaho, Wyoming, or New Mexico then I'd say 100k. Otherwise, you'll be waking up everyday worried if someone has stolen your car or other possessions. Either way, it's becoming harder and harder to afford a decent house anywhere. Propably why most house holds employ both parents to keep their heads above water.

I would think Idaho is a more prime real estate location than Korat, no? My point is forget about the cost of the actual land, how much to build a house in the cheapest place in the US? Shouldn't that be much, much more expensive than building it in Thailand?

I'm not trying to be difficult here (although it may seem so :) ). Is it that Farang amenities that cost so much? How much to build a really nice Thai style house? (not a shack, but a nice house with outside simple kitchen and thin pipes, ...).

I would think Idaho is a more prime real estate location than Korat, no? My point is forget about the cost of the actual land, how much to build a house in the cheapest place in the US? Shouldn't that be much, much more expensive than building it in Thailand?

I'm not trying to be difficult here (although it may seem so :) ). Is it that Farang amenities that cost so much? How much to build a really nice Thai style house? (not a shack, but a nice house with outside simple kitchen and thin pipes, ...).

My friend, I know you're not trying to be difficult and I didn't take it that way. However, 1.7M Baht is only 50,000 Dollars. If you can build this house, as I'm sure you noticed it's not a stick frame, for 50k then I think you're doing very well no matter where you build it. Materials alone are probably going to be close to that in the states. Me, I cannot understand how they build so cheap there in Thailand other than they are cutting corners somewhere. However, I'm no expert in the field of construction, just my thoughts.

Why has this thread gone from one of someone getting a house built near Bangkok, which, last time i looked was in Thailand, to one where people are discussing house build prices in various places in USA???? :)

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Why has this thread gone from one of someone getting a house built near Bangkok, which, last time i looked was in Thailand, to one where people are discussing house build prices in various places in USA???? :)

Hedonist

Uhh maybe to compare prices?

looking good....mate...good luck...

Hedonist

Sorry to have gotten off point, what I meant to say was... Nice house and congrats, hope that you have many nice years in it. Cheers.

Lovely house Alan, I would love to buy a house up in Khorat as my TGF is from there and its a great place to settle down. Good luck..........

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here are the pictures of a House we have just completed in Phimai, Not far from Korat.

DSC03263.jpg

(IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Whitterz/Khorat%20Tony%20House/DSC03284.jpg[/img]

Picture.jpg

Looks like it is about 150m2 under Roof, is that correct?

Which works out to about TB 11,333 per m2? or US377 per m2? is that about right!

Edited by pipoz4444