Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phuket Car Rental

kpdxxx

Hello all,

I got a bit bored or moto taxis, baht buses, walking and as i was off to Phuket thought I would explore the islands and do a bit of driving.

As the Thais drive on the left it was a doddle driving and Phuket is quite open and wide when it comes to roads.

Andaman weer quite good and let me book online. Don't be put of if you have to email a few times or wait for a response, they are slow, but are quite good. You should also let them know straight off if you intend to pay on the day rather than with card.

The insurence is good and covers passengers, yourself, thirdparty liability and fire and theft, and has a 6000 baht excess, i grilled them on the insurence and they were straight forward. it does look ok and not ropy.

I also got the impression that they didnt want to fleece me as they were happy to book list and issues with the car and also showed me on a map where my hotel was.

I didnt pay by card, but cash upfront, however they would let a person pay at the end of the rental period.

I was met at the airport and they were very professional.

I rented the American jeep as i wanted some open top fun, however, be aware that the thai sun is hot and aircon might be the way in future. just make sure you get something 4wd or big as the high driving point is invaluable for when you are overtaken and undertaken at the same time.

You really need you own transport on Phuket and i found parking not so hard, in Patong at night you may have to park a bit away from bangla and walk back, but its not a massive issue.

if you want a break away from pattaya, and want to explore a nice island, then there are worse things you can do than rent a car from these guys and go explore.

All signs on the island are in English and I found it now probs driving to Phang Nga and getting a boat around the bay

q1__4_.JPG

q1__3_.JPG

q1__2_.JPG

q1__16_.JPG

q1__12_.JPG

q1__13_.JPG

q1.JPG

q1__10_.JPG

q1__7_.JPG

q1__6_.JPG

• 1 year later...

how many baht per day with insurance fir your jeep mate?????