IGNORED

Not Well After The Trip

THguypattaya

ok left Pattaya the 17th, 18th 19th got a cold but got better after 2 days, diarrhea started on 18th and still havn't go away, first 2 days or so there is stomach pain right before diarrhea and I have diarrhea every 3 hours or so, but it got better now today diarrhea is about 3 times only. appetite is not so good so should I wait to see if it gets better or go see a doctor now? did I drink some dirty water or got some thai disease? I did ate some fruit that I bought from side street but they look ok you can get those fruit from carrefour also...however it was the first time I ate those fruit and ate a good amount, other than that I ate in thai airport and some sausage from MOS in Taiwan.....I wonder what this is???

ok left Pattaya the 17th, 18th 19th got a cold but got better after 2 days, diarrhea started on 18th and still havn't go away, first 2 days or so there is stomach pain right before diarrhea and I have diarrhea every 3 hours or so, but it got better now today diarrhea is about 3 times only. appetite is not so good so should I wait to see if it gets better or go see a doctor now? did I drink some dirty water or got some thai disease? I did ate some fruit that I bought from side street but they look ok you can get those fruit from carrefour also...however it was the first time I ate those fruit and ate a good amount, other than that I ate in thai airport and some sausage from MOS in Taiwan.....I wonder what this is???

Put some vinegar in a glass of water and drink it down. red wine or apple vinegar is the easiest to drink. This will kill the bacteria in your system, flushing it out. It killed my India diarrhea. Otherwise you can just get some antibiotics from the doctor.

Ironfist,

The important question is: Do you have a fever?

These things are usually "Traveler’s Diarrhea" ("Montezuma's Revenge" as we know it in the States). But if you have a fever, it could be more serious. Don't take any anti-diarrhea medicine. Let it get out of your body. Make sure you drink plenty of liquids (important) water and sports drinks. If you get a fever, see blood in your stool (blood may be black then) or see parasites, go see a doctor. Otherwise, take it easy for a few days. If it doesn’t go away soon or gets worse, see a doctor.

hey docholiday how are you, no fever now the cold is all gone...had some minor fever from the cold the first 2 days when I got home. so I guess it's Traveler’s Diarrhea, I will wait it out I guess....thanks guys

hi ironfist.

phone your doctor in the morning if you still feel bad. i hate to say it but you are showing some signs of the H1N1 virus.

we now know it was or is in pattaya. the test don't hurt trust me i know i had them on thursday mind you it is Sunday today and i am still awaiting the results. the doctors were more concerned if i had travelled recently so you may be more of a concern.here is a link to a website showing some of the signs of the vius.

get well soon mate.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pandemic-flu/...s/Symptoms.aspx

I can resist everything but temptation!

I was thinking it might be h1n1...but cold and fever went away after 2 days, right now just diarrhea, stomachache, and no appetite, the whole time I didn't have coughing, sore throat, running nose,and tiredness and chill went away when the cold is gone.....doubt it's h1n1

hi ironfist.

phone your doctor in the morning if you still feel bad. i hate to say it but you are showing some signs of the H1N1 virus.

we now know it was or is in pattaya. the test don't hurt trust me i know i had them on thursday mind you it is Sunday today and i am still awaiting the results. the doctors were more concerned if i had travelled recently so you may be more of a concern.here is a link to a website showing some of the signs of the vius.

get well soon mate.

NO the virus isnt in pattaya any more because they scrubbed walking st lol

like me ironfist i feel a lot better now but not allowed into work tomorrow until i get the test results. Mind you i am a teacher so i suppose if i pass it on the kids school could be closed.

Personally i don't think i had it either but doctors wouldn't even allow me in the surgery to be checked out. they had to open it up very early one morning for me before anyone else arrived so i could be tested.

i still have a cough though. anyway hope you feel better soon.

I can resist everything but temptation!

I’m “the other” DocHoliday, haha

You could make an appointment with your doctor, if the symptoms go away before then, good; if not you'll be covered. Keep an eye on your symptoms. Traveler’s Diarrhea should only last a few days.

This is an opportunity to remind guys to be prepared for travel. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has great info online:

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/

like me ironfist i feel a lot better now but not allowed into work tomorrow until i get the test results. Mind you i am a teacher so i suppose if i pass it on the kids school could be closed.

Personally i don't think i had it either but doctors wouldn't even allow me in the surgery to be checked out. they had to open it up very early one morning for me before anyone else arrived so i could be tested.

i still have a cough though. anyway hope you feel better soon.

what's the test like? what do they do? I mean the test to see if you have h1n1

what's the test like? what do they do? I mean the test to see if you have h1n1

There is a DNA test for H1N1. It only requires a throat or nasal swab.

If you’re worried, go see your doc. It won’t hurt to check it out.

ok stomachache is gone, diarrhea is almost gone too....it's probably travel'ers diarrhea...good to feel well again!