IGNORED

Le Fenix Bangkok

stunner

hi,

Anyone stayed in Le Fenix Hotel in Bangkok. Could somebody tell me if this hotel is Girlfriendly ?

Thanks

Stunner

It was when i stayed there last year! nice hotel too, book from their website as they have some good deals if you book early!

Stunner: FRIENDLY ! Outside elevator avoids lobby. Pretty cheap right now, I've seen it for around $40. Way deep in the Soi though and watch out for the corners of the bed frames. They stick out and took all the skin off my shins. If they want about $50, better to try the Admiral Premier around the corner. It's a much better hotel and has a nice pool on the roof. wj

You get what you pay for. The all white decor looks very aged. The facilities are so-so at best. You can do better IMO...

Stayed their a couple of times. No problem with ladies, and promotions on web site got the price down to 2000bht a night - that was last year, may be cheaper now.

Stayed their a couple of times. No problem with ladies, and promotions on web site got the price down to 2000bht a night - that was last year, may be cheaper now.

At the current reduced rates for Room Only. Not a bad place to stay at.

Around 1500 Baht per night, Room Only. Some rooms need a touch up though.

Tim

• 2 months later...

im looking at booking here fir a few nights. can anyone tell me what the pool is like, is it outside so i can work on my tan :22600584-Th:

im looking at booking here fir a few nights. can anyone tell me what the pool is like, is it outside so i can work on my tan :Evil_Laugh:

The pool at Le Fenix is indoor.

Stayed here when it first opened and was very happy with the place, very trendy and opposite the Q-Bar where you get free entry.

The pool is very small, more of a lap pool.

Then stayed there about 1 year later and the place has let it self go a bit, rooms are showing some wear.

Would not stay there again for this reason.

" I like to live life like one big carnival, get drunk and act like an Animal "

• 1 year later...

Stayed here early last year. Great location and totally guest friendly. Have to agree the outdoor lift was perfect for not having to do the walk of shame through the lobby with bg, especially on first night in BKK. Security look after everything outside. That being said the rooms were fairly basic and carpets a bit dirty. Rooftop bar was great place to get warmed up before heading to Soi Cowbboy and Nana. Pool was pretty small so didn't go near it. Overall looks pretty trendy on the outside but it's ordinary on the inside.

• 1 month later...

Stunner: FRIENDLY ! Outside elevator avoids lobby. Pretty cheap right now, I've seen it for around $40. Way deep in the Soi though and watch out for the corners of the bed frames. They stick out and took all the skin off my shins. If they want about $50, better to try the Admiral Premier around the corner. It's a much better hotel and has a nice pool on the roof. wj

isn't that on soi 23 and Le Fenix on soi 11 ? Or do i have the wrong hotel?

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I stayed at Le Fenix a couple months ago. Still BG friendly and I thought my room was great. Came with safe, fridge, and fast wifi. Also liked the bar on the top floor.

• 1 month later...

I posted this in another forum giving this hotel a good review, here is is below:

Now, if you really want the best deal around IMO, and you can book at shortish notice (two weeks and under), go to wotif.com, search under Bangkok hotels and half way down the list there is a "Mystery Deal" for 999 baht per night for a 3.5 star hotel. Just to make sure, click it and read the blurb, it will tell you that they can't say the name of the hotel, but it's 1 min walk from Bed Supperclub. This hotel is Le Fenix (I know this because I booked it myself last month and it's on there all the time), you can Bing or Google the hotel's website, it's an excellent hotel. Has swimming pool (tho small and indoor), lovely modern rooms, free Tuk Tuk to/from Nana BTS and only a 10 minute walk to Sukhumvit Rd at Nana, so it's a great location). With the wotif deal you get free wi-fi for your whole stay, though you have to ask them for this and tell them the offer you got entitles you to this (the staff were great there btw). Oh, if you book though wotif, I think you do pay a fee of 150 baht or thereabouts, but it works out to be a fantastic offer, the rack rate is 2,000 baht (I know this because the guy next to me was paying that and he wasn't getting free wi-fi!). Oh, and if you do stay here, don't miss the lunch buffet for 199 baht, it's brilliant.

It's a good deal. I've seen it for that price elsewhere too. 1200B (ai) on Agoda or Travelocity. BTW nobody pays 2000B. They haven't even gotten 1500 for years. I paid $29(ai) there on a 16 hr layover last year. If they're not filling up, they're smart enough to drop the price, big time. 4 things I like: Soi 11 rocks, they give free passes to Q Bar and Bed. Nest, the bar on the roof is great, & the gym is OK. 4 things I don't like: it's a long long way to Suk, the pool is a joke, the white on white decor gets old, and the bed frames stick out and beat the shit outta your shins (watch out for those fuckers). For me, I think that's there's lotsa better situated joints in the price range (Darjelling, Fusion, Ibis, Paradiso etc) wj

I like it because it is right across the street from the Q bar :)

Also because they have parking on-site ... solves the usual parking headache to go to Q.

The hotel is under Accor management, could be a Mercure class but missing out on a few points.

They make Mojito buckets at the roof bar! Perfect for two.

A good value.

• 5 months later...

Awesome to read the reviews on here - as ive booked to stay at the Le Fenix on my next trip to LOS..

Cant wait!

Here's a couple of outside pictures of Le Fenix taken earlier this year.

Plahgat

SAM_2896.jpg

SAM_2900.jpg

When no money... she no give honey! 

I stayed there a few months ago. They also offer free entry to Bed Supper Club. Definitely a good spot to roll back to when done with the local clubbing. THey offer a free Tuk Tuk ride to the metro during the day (you have to make your own way back though). I would definitely reccomend staying there for the price and the free entry to the clubs. Seasons, a newer place right next to it is about 300 bht a night cheaper, but has less amenities (no tiny and, pool, no small gym and no cool rooftop bar) an while it's newer, it feels older.

ave a fun trip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't say I liked the location, yes OK if you want to be at Q-Bar or Supper Club. The rooms weren't great. Better places and i would not stay at Le Fenix again

• 1 year later...

Pretty run down down and many others in same area for around the same price and newer.

I was regular there for a while but now have changed over to Fusion Suites just up from Soi Cowboy, cool boutique style hotel. Worth a look if that area appeals.

Archived