IGNORED

CAREFUL: Police targeting Farang

CyberHippie

lol..isn't that justification enough for stopping more farangs than Thias.

True although the first time getting stopped since moving here 5 months ago was on sukkhumvit on my way to get the license :GoldenSmile1: But, I've seen many a Thai and Farang pulled over.

I would prefer they focused on drunk driving at night. I think some of the reasons they don't are: (1) they don't want to have high speed chases; (2) don't want to deal with belligerent drunk farang; (3) it's their holiday, so up to them; (4) they figure those guys and their friends spend lots of $$$ in patts, so let them be.

I listed #4 last as I'm not sure how far-sighted the cops are. But, nonetheless, they could make lots of drunk driving arrests. (it is illegal here by the way :) ).

by ignoring him he didn't jump on his bike and chase you down? doesn't sound like much of a cop if he didn't. i wonder what he could have pulled you on even if you had your passport, was wearing a helmet, and had your license?

i have only stopped for police once in two years, they cant be bothered to give chase, as another mug follows

True although the first time getting stopped since moving here 5 months ago was on sukkhumvit on my way to get the license :GoldenSmile1: But, I've seen many a Thai and Farang pulled over.

I would prefer they focused on drunk driving at night. I think some of the reasons they don't are: (1) they don't want to have high speed chases; (2) don't want to deal with belligerent drunk farang; (3) it's their holiday, so up to them; (4) they figure those guys and their friends spend lots of $$ in patts, so let them be.

I listed #4 last as I'm not sure how far-sighted the cops are. But, nonetheless, they could make lots of drunk driving arrests. (it is illegal here by the way :) ).

5. Take a look around there are actually FAR less BiB around at night. Traffic cops only seem to work daylight hours, or maybe they are just hiding in shadows LOL

Serious its a fact. I know several policemen although they are Bangkok and Chiang Mai and they have all told me they never work nights and neither do most of their colleagues. I am not sure quite why this is but probably a costing factor.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I have also noticed the police targeting us on South Pattaya rd, by Tuk Com. I was at the bank there doing some business watching them who they waved over to check. out of 10 wave overs only 2 were Thai's,those two had no helmets.Thats why I don't rent a bike. Baht bus for me or Taxi

babydollsaddict.gif

I have also noticed the police targeting us on South Pattaya rd, by Tuk Com. I was at the bank there doing some business watching them who they waved over to check. out of 10 wave overs only 2 were Thai's,those two had no helmets.Thats why I don't rent a bike. Baht bus for me or Taxi

perhaps they want practice their language skills for free? :Bow5:

.......................and i drive for a living so i make sure i have everything in order before i set out

and the docs are all kept in a folder together where i can get to them quickly and easily

Do you? In Thailand? How did you wangle that one then? I am, amongst other things, a professional driver & would love to able to drive for a living in Thailand.

However as "driving motor vehicles" is on the list of prohibited alien occupations, i thought i couldn't?

Do you? In Thailand? How did you wangle that one then? I am, amongst other things, a professional driver & would love to able to drive for a living in Thailand.

However as "driving motor vehicles" is on the list of prohibited alien occupations, i thought i couldn't?

i did not say i drove in thailand for a living and if you have taken that view out of contect i apollogise

but i make sure i have an international driving license to make my uk license valid

and if you do not you are looking for trouble if you drive only on a uk one

• 2 months later...

Depending on the situation, I have devised a new method.

When they wave me over... I give them a proper salute, as if I acknowledge his interest in me, and I just keep on going. I do notice a smile on their face, so better I keep my money in my pocket and give someone a story to tell :Beer:

And why arent there any Thai police ladies on patrol... :MonkeyFight:

Edited by CyberHippie

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

sounds like just another scam for tea money...

corruption...graft...im shocked, shocked it tell you! LOL.

another good reason to hop the baht bus and leave the driving to someone else!

cheers, alex

I could not agree more...I leave all the driving to the taxi man. I try to leave no room for stupidity. There is no need for it when

you have all of theses beautiful women around you!...... :Beer:

Reminds me of sometime in June when my young lady turned the wrong way into Walking Street on her motor-bike with me on the back after a day on Koh Lahn. 600 baht fine and she was despatched by the officer to the police station to pay the fine (which obviously came out of my pocket).

While I waited for her return, three other motor-bikes made the same error.

The first was driven by a Thai girl with a fa-lang passenger; the result, another fine.

The second was ridden by a solitary Thai guy. No attempt was made to stop the vehicle as the traffic officer was having a fag.

The third was also ridden by a solitary Thai guy, who was stopped, the fag break now finished. No fine was issued and the guy was simply told to turn the bike round and go the way he should have done in the first place.

The fact I was still on site made no difference to the officer with regard to dispensing justice in an inconsistent manner. The only logic seems to be that fa-lang has money and will pay.

Still, the officer was cocky enough to pose for his photo. That's him with his back to the wall conversing with a colleague who turned up.

2009# 008.JPG

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

its funny you never see a baht bus stopped by police is it because the police own most of them

• 2 weeks later...

I used get a lot of hassle off the same copper coming back down sukhumvit from sattahip.

The Najomtien stretch theres always motorcycle BiBs after farang in the afternoons - watch out.

I do overtime now and I don't see them coming home at 6-7pm

• 3 weeks later...

That same officer has stopped be on Highway 36 and 20 kilometers away on Sukhumvit by the Ambassador. Both times I actually was speeding so what can I say. The first time I gave him 1000 baht because I did not have change, the second time he remembered and let me go for free with a smile. He does not seem like a particularly bad man, and I really was doing 100kph plus both times.

Many people think that the Police target Farangs, its not true, there are far more Thais that get stopped here, obviously because there are far more Thai's here but the last 2 times I have been stopped for my passenger not wearing a helmet I have tried to pay the fine on the spot and both times been sent to soi 9 to do it properly with the paperwork.

They will stop farangs on a spot check as well as anyone but as long as all is in order then you will be ok.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

There's a Farang Shakedown Detail operating on northbound Sukhumvit Road near Klaeng. I get stopped

each time I drive my motorcycle to Pattaya, unless it's pouring rain. It's always a different officer,

but the routine is the same. Sometimes I was speeding, but I was very careful the last time and

was pulled over anyway. Obeying traffic rules is not the issue, if you're farang, you're stopped

and 200 baht extorted or they'll keep your licence.

Retired