IGNORED

Cafe Pittini, Soi Buakhow - Beware!

I and a circle of friends have been patronizing this place for some time. The great location and reasonable prices made us put up with the generally sloppy and unfriendly service. We jokingly referred to it as the “No smiles café!”

Last Sunday however, things came to a head in a most unpleasant manner. A certain waitress who always looked like she hated farangs with a passion stormed passed by our table and my friend held up his empty water glass and asked for some more. She ignored him, muttering under her breath and continued on her mission. We just shook our heads and paid it no more attention. A few minutes later, the owner’s wife came to our table together with the person concerned and confronted us in a most aggressive manner wanting to know what our problem is with “her lady”. We played it cool, just pointing out that we don’t like to be ignored and expressed our displeasure with the attitude displayed.

Since we saw that the customer is never right, we asked them to leave it at that and to go away. The waitress then started to shout and pointed out of the premises and told US to go away! She then told my friend: “Fucking cunt” Now, where does this innocent little Isaan girl who otherwise speaks very little English learn this kind of language?

Anyway, we left it at that and did not take the argument any further.

I then observed the waitress on her mobile and jokingly told my friend that she is probably calling for back up! And truly she did. A big Thai guy arrived on his motorbike, a large bag slung across his chest, the trademark of the loan shark/enforcer! After the waitress consulted with him he walked up to our table and started to shout at us incoherently “Farang…..talk lady…..Farang Thailand…..” We just stayed cool and pretended we didn’t know what he was talking about, knowing exactly that he was just dying for confrontation. After all, both of us have been here for a long time and know how much him and some friends or any nearby compatriots would like to indulge in a little Farang bashing! The manageress came out and told him :mai pen rai, mai pen rai, as on second thought she probably didn’t want any blood on her shops floor! He then left, still muttering some curses.

Well, a typical example of a farangs standing in Thailand: Keep your mouth shut and your wallet open, then the Thais love you!

Shame on café Pittini for treating and let customers be treated like this. :Chokdee3:

You are missing something mate, shit don't happen for no reason. Do you have the rest of the story

You are missing something mate, shit don't happen for no reason. Do you have the rest of the story

This is the full unabrigded version! Not one foul word was uttered from our side.

This is the full unabrigded version! Not one foul word was uttered from our side.

Are you sure none of your buddies did or said something to her when pissed and when you were not present?

If you a truly a regular then the manager would probably not have said anything to you. Just my experience.

I am not calling you a liar my friend but I think there was something else to it.

Are you sure none of your buddies did or said something to her when pissed and when you were not present?

If you a truly a regular then the manager would probably not have said anything to you. Just my experience.

I am not calling you a liar my friend but I think there was something else to it.

It was only the two of us and both were stone cold sober at 5pm having coffee only! The manager I refer to is the one owners Thai wife (I assume?) and both owners were not there. Yes, we have been regulars there for some 2 years but never had friendly or pleasant service. The exception beeing the original (first sole) owner who always gives us a friendly hello but he seems very distanced from the day to day activities!

Is this the Panini cafe near the Robin's nest 2 ? I have eaten there many times (the coffee is above average) and have sometimes had very uninterested wait staff, but never seen any real problems....many people are under big stresses though and can not take any perceived loss of face from Falangs who are increasingly viewed in a negative light...

Is this the Panini cafe near the Robin's nest 2 ? I have eaten there many times (the coffee is above average) and have sometimes had very uninterested wait staff, but never seen any real problems....many people are under big stresses though and can not take any perceived loss of face from Falangs who are increasingly viewed in a negative light...

That's the one, although the name is Pittini but they do serve Paninie's!

ME too am surprised at this incident at this place as its one of the few classy places to unwind and relax on soi buakow and its always busy place.

Above avge food and drinks and nice breakfasts too from here while u unwind and watch the traffic /people goin past!!!

Maybe the waitresses were under pressure that day???

Doesnt surprise me of the attitude of the Thais though against farangs as some or more then most are so short sighted as too where there money comes from ie, the tourists and ex pats there!!!!

Thats more typical of an ex bar girl losing face and calling her henchmen brothers or bf to come to sort out a farang for a bashing???!!!

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

PMS? :GrinNod1:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."

~~ Mark Twain ~~

This story holds together as well as one of Pamela Anderson's old bras... :GrinNod1:

thepattayafun.com...because mongering is supposed to be fun

We may not like what you say, but we will defend to the death your right to say it...

Moderation in moderation!

Just as an update for non believers - The owner viewed the whole incident on his security video and although no sound, the expressions and body language were enough for him to fire the person concerned.

Just as an update for non believers - The owner viewed the whole incident on his security video and although no sound, the expressions and body language were enough for him to fire the person concerned.

This forum should be a matter for information sharing, you have a right to express your opinion, I thank you for your info which is useful for awareness people like me...

Tell me this...are you still frquenting the place???

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Tell me this...are you still frquenting the place???

Hedonist

You gotta be kidding!

You gotta be kidding!

Good for you !!!!

I was just curious, as you seem to know what happened in the place AFTER the event

If that kind of thing were to ever happen to me, i would make a point of waving to those inside (especially the owners wife if she is within eyeline) vigorously as i passed by. So they never forget me, or why i wont EVER set foot insude their place again

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

• 2 weeks later...

These, "more than meets the eye" posts make me laugh... if you know anything about Pattaya and the Thais here then you know that there are numerous viscious falang haters and they don't try to hide it. I'm just glad the OP and his pal got out of there OK!

These, "more than meets the eye" posts make me laugh... if you know anything about Pattaya and the Thais here then you know that there are numerous viscious falang haters and they don't try to hide it. I'm just glad the OP and his pal got out of there OK!

have never been there, and quit frankly never will.... To many places in Pattaya that welcome us with open arms to have to possibly even put up with this crap...

Thanks for the Post and Information.

• 1 year later...

I guess you are only as good as your last meal or the last bad service given out

I have to say I have been here a few times lately and the food is superb as are the staff

great daily specials at pretty cheap prices