Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

Thx guys.

February is really considered in the peak season ?

I think 2000 THB for the smallest room pool site (but not directly) is a good rate ? i don't like a city view, in LOS S it's mean you in front of a wall of a building...

still thinking..............

Here are 2 pictures of a balcony and the city view, made from the 5th floor, from an Executive suite room.

If I remember well, 3rd floor is the lower floor with rooms (1st floor : reception, 2nd floor : fitness center, swimming pool, conference room, etc)

Honestly, do you really care about the view ?

I also wanted a pool view, but for the next time, city view will be ok (in 10 days I didn't even spent 5 minutes on the balcony)

cityview.jpg

p1000272.jpg

Edited by boswell

I stayed at August Suites over Christmas and New Year and would highly recommend the hotel.

On the upside;

Great location - near to baht bus, Second Road, Pattaya Klang, Soi Bukhao, Beach Road, Soi 7 & 8, eateries etc etc

Spotlessly clean rooms

Very comfy beds

Very friendly but unobtrusive service

On the downside;

Breakfast selection limited (not that I saw it too often :P )

Joiner fee for second girl (500 baht)

When I stayed there was a fair mix of falang singles and couples as well as Thais. The hotel is big enough and spacious enough not to feel on top of each other.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

On the downside;

Breakfast selection limited (not that I saw it too often :P )

Joiner fee for second girl (500 baht)

I would add : the fact they want you to pay up front.

I would add : the fact they want you to pay up front.

Yes, they tried that on me as well. I paid a deposit (approximately 1/3 of my stay) and gave my credit card details and they seemed happy enough with that.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Yes, they tried that on me as well. I paid a deposit (approximately 1/3 of my stay) and gave my credit card details and they seemed happy enough with that.

[/quotI booked for 2 weeks and they had my credit card print but they made me pay total amount on my arrival. I ask them to wait few days because the change was going to be more favorable, but all I got was a big no from the manager. I dont like those practice almost everywhere I travel, I never pay up front . Bad policy from the management.Beside that the hotel was OK, breakfast up to noon, friendly staff.

booked for 2 weeks and they had my credit card print but they made me pay total amount on my arrival. I ask them to wait few days because the change was going to be more favorable, but all I got was a big no from the manager. I dont like those practice almost everywhere I travel, I never pay up front . Bad policy from the management.Beside that the hotel was OK, breakfast up to noon, friendly staff.

I don't like that practice either - you have no real comeback if you have a problem.

I wanted to pay in cash and explained that I did not have all the money on me at check-in (which was true). They seemed to except that without any problem.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Here are 2 pictures of a balcony and the city view, made from the 5th floor, from an Executive suite room.

If I remember well, 3rd floor is the lower floor with rooms (1st floor : reception, 2nd floor : fitness center, swimming pool, conference room, etc)

Honestly, do you really care about the view ?

I also wanted a pool view, but for the next time, city view will be ok (in 10 days I didn't even spent 5 minutes on the balcony)

thx boswell for your review.

the city view seems to be a good deal in your pics, no wall or a limited view.

and yes i care about it, i'm on holidays, so if i can have a good view to the pool why not, but it's only some details.

is it really safe to give them our credit card number ? i can give them a fake one ?

is it really safe to give them our credit card number ? i can give them a fake one ?

I faxed the booking form with CC details the first time i booked..havent had a problem

hotel seems to be ran very professional :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

thx boswell for your review.

No pompem.

the city view seems to be a good deal in your pics, no wall or a limited view.

This panoramic view was from the 5th floor.

Here is another non-panoramic picture, from the 3rd floor.

Also look at this one : http://www.augustsui...ry/poolview.jpg

and see that there are only 3 balconies right over the swimming pool. In other words : tu risques d'être décalé par rapport à la piscine, et d'être plutôt en-dessus d'arbres que de la piscine. A voir avec eux.

Except that fact that you have to pay up front, I have hardly seen any bad comments about them.

This hotel has an excellent reputation (and a very nice staff). Don't worry about that.

And if you would give a fake credit card number, I don't think they would secure your booking anyway.

After your stay there, you will see you had no reason to worry.

p1000493.jpg

I faxed the booking form with CC details the first time i booked..havent had a problem

hotel seems to be ran very professional :GoldenSmile1:

No pompem.

This panoramic view was from the 5th floor.

Here is another non-panoramic picture, from the 3rd floor.

Also look at this one : http://www.augustsui...ry/poolview.jpg

and see that there are only 3 balconies right over the swimming pool. In other words : tu risques d'être décalé par rapport à la piscine, et d'être plutôt en-dessus d'arbres que de la piscine. A voir avec eux.

Except that fact that you have to pay up front, I have hardly seen any bad comments about them.

This hotel has an excellent reputation (and a very nice staff). Don't worry about that.

And if you would give a fake credit card number, I don't think they would secure your booking anyway.

After your stay there, you will see you had no reason to worry.

ok thx guys for your recommendations, much appreciated.

i think i will consider a city view, as the REAL pool view rooms are fully booked... and not worth the extra money IMO.

boswell > you right, the view is not important, just details in fact.

when you go to Patts ? hope to see you one day to share a beer or two.

cheers,

MaGiK

i stayed there for 3 wks over xmas/new year period...excellent hotel as for rooms, pool, staff (except for the cleaning lady which i wrote about in a separate thread http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/68577-psycho-cleaning-lady/page__p__1079278__hl__psycho__fromsearch__1#entry1079278 ), location. would definately stay there again.

i actually had a friend come to patts last minute and was staying for 10 days and could only stay at AS for 3 days as they were booked after that. when his 3 days was up he was really struggling to find a decent room in patts. Paul the manager said to me if my friend couldnt find a room anywhere, absolut worst case scenario, he would set up a bed in the meeting room for him and curtain it off. my friend found a room in south patts, but it was very nice of him anyways.

Edited by polan

How is the area around the pool ?I like to lounge around and get some sun.

I stay out of the water I know what you guys get up to.

Another big plus for August Suites are the extremely large and comfortable beds.

I hear ya..the beds and linen are amazing...one of the main reasons i stay there :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

How is the area around the pool ?I like to lounge around and get some sun.

I stay out of the water I know what you guys get up to.

See the Google Map picture ;

- the brown part is the bar (outside the pool)

- the green part is under the sun from the morning

- on the pink part, there is more shadow

- the red part is one floor higher (3rd floor), and you can also get plenty of sun from the morning

Another big plus for August Suites are the extremely large and comfortable beds.

You can get an idea of the beds and the room size in those pictures.

I actually got two beds next to eachother. You couldn't really feel the separation within them, and it was about 3m wide!!

Some could rate it negative when they can't find their TG in the dark.

Believe me, it takes some time to turn off all the lights in the Executive Suites !!

p1000488.jpg

p1000491.jpg

p1000494.jpg

pool.jpg

Edited by boswell

post-5527-0-86101000-1294755862.jpg

:WTF1:

Sorry but this is 2 beds associated ! not only one.

it seems to be 2 twins king size bed stuck together, look at the floor !

:Question:

Cheers for that i will add the hotel to my list,I dont want to commit myself to one hotel as I will stay in Pattaya for about 10 days ,The last 4 days in some luxury as its my 60th.

Maybe the Areca or sandy spring then .....?

:WTF1:

Sorry but this is 2 beds associated ! not only one.

it seems to be 2 twins king size bed stuck together, look at the floor !

Yes, that's exactly what I wrote!

And I could easily "play" right in the middle without any problem...

Yes, that's exactly what I wrote!

And I could easily "play" right in the middle without any problem...

So how did you get the 2 king size beds put together ?????

How much did you pay for this ?????

Any info on this subject please.

:001_Thank_You5:

So how did you get the 2 king size beds put together ?????

How much did you pay for this ?????

Any info on this subject please.

I actually didn't ask for that!

I just booked a room for 2 (without even mentionning "double" or "twin"), and got this room, for 1850THB (standard price for a Superior City room at that time).

I don't even think it's a twin, because the wood frame (the part against the wall, where the light panel is) is in one part.

2 weeks earlier, in an Executives Suites, I got a normal king size bed, though.

Another big plus for August Suites are the extremely large and comfortable beds. Some could rate it negative when they can't find their TG in the dark. :D

The beds are great and when you see and feel the quality of the bed linen you can understand their policy to charge for any damage or stains.

One girl found the bed so comfortable that I had trouble getting rid of her. She kept commenting on it but I did not think to much of it however I then caught her washing her underwear in the bathroom and hanging it out to dry on the balcony. When I asked what she was doing she told me that she would be coming back later to collect it. Out with the hair dryer to resolve the problem of the wet laundry! She then 'forgot' her earings and bra which I bagged up and took back to her bar!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 2 weeks later...

The breakfast dilemma..............

So guys, i sent them an email for a booking, i mentioned NO BREAKFAST in my email, so they replied me OK for my arrival and departure dates BUT they quoted me WITH BREAKFAST INCLUDED !!!

WTF?!! i always wake up at 2 or 3 PM how i can eat a f*cking breakfast ???

i always had dilimma with booking hotels (only) in Pattaya, they always want charge their breakfast, as i party hard every day, sometimes i not go to bed with my TG intil 5 or 6 AM or more....

i booked many hotels in Europe, or In Asia, you can ask WITHOUT breakfast and reduce the rate per night, i know did it so many time in the past.

so i replied back i don't want a breakfast as i mentioned in my email... i wait their reply but i'm not confident about it...

The breakfast dilemma..............

So guys, i sent them an email for a booking, i mentioned NO BREAKFAST in my email, so they replied me OK for my arrival and departure dates BUT they quoted me WITH BREAKFAST INCLUDED !!!

WTF?!! i always wake up at 2 or 3 PM how i can eat a f*cking breakfast ???

i always had dilimma with booking hotels (only) in Pattaya, they always want charge their breakfast, as i party hard every day, sometimes i not go to bed with my TG intil 5 or 6 AM or more....

i booked many hotels in Europe, or In Asia, you can ask WITHOUT breakfast and reduce the rate per night, i know did it so many time in the past.

so i replied back i don't want a breakfast as i mentioned in my email... i wait their reply but i'm not confident about it...

Opposite for me.

In December I booked by email, not mentioning anything about breakfast, and BF was not included in their prices...

(which is what I wanted, by the way)

They are sometimes a bit long to answer, maybe you should give them a call.

Edited by boswell

Opposite for me.

In December I booked by email, not mentioning anything about breakfast, and BF was not included in their prices...

(which is what I wanted, by the way)

They are sometimes a bit long to answer, maybe you should give them a call.

reverse situation for you... why i'm not surprised ?

i'm tired about their different policy and management, sometimes is breakfast included, sometimes not, sometimes it's 2000 baht a room, sometimes 2200 or 1500....

:Hair_Out1: