Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Thai Buddhist beheaded

LaaMok

Thai Buddhist beheaded

YALA (Thailand) - SUSPECTED separatists beheaded a rubber tapper and shot dead a school janitor, both Buddhists, in the latest violence in Thailand's Muslim south, police said on Monday.

The attacks took place in Yala and Pattani, two of the three Malay Muslim provinces where 29 people have been killed and more than 50 injured in the past 10 days, among them soldiers, teachers and Buddhist monks.

The body and severed head of the rubber tapper was found in a house next to a plantation in Yala's Than To district. That added to more than 40 beheadings in the region since violence erupted in 2004.

The school janitor was shot dead by unknown gunmen while travelling to work on his motorcycle in Pattani, police said.

Attacks on Buddhists have increased since a shooting last week at a Narathiwat mosque, where unknown gunmen killed 10 Muslims at prayer and wounded 12 more. Residents blamed security forces for the bloody attack, which the military said was the work of shadowy rebels seeking to cause sectarian rifts.

A labourer from northeastern Thailand was shot dead two days later and a note left at the scene said: 'You kill our innocents, so we kill your people.' A Buddhist monk was killed and another critically injured on Friday when they were gunned down as they collected alms in Yala.

A report by Washington-based Nonviolence International released on Monday said the government's decision to arm Buddhist civilians and deregulate gun sales was deepening rifts between Muslims and the region's Buddhist minority.

The study said the policy had 'heightened resentment among the Malay Muslim population towards the Thai state and raised the feeling of injustice and discrimination'.

In a weekly televised address on Sunday, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajvia said development aid rather than tough security measures would be used to tackle the unrest, with increased investment in the region's fisheries and rubber and palm oil industries.

Mystery surrounds who is behind the violence in the deep south, which was an independent Malay Muslim sultanate until annexed by Buddhist Thailand a century ago. No credible group has claimed responsibility for the near daily shootings, bombings and arson attacks in the region, where nearly 3,500 people have died in five years of unrest. -- REUTERS

http://www.thaigers.com/forum/Thai-Buddhis...ded-t10429.html

The attacks took place in Yala and Pattani, two of the three Malay Muslim provinces where 29 people have been killed and more than 50 injured in the past 10 days, among them soldiers, teachers and Buddhist monks.

-------------------------------------------

Yes.... I have seen this happen before... all over the world...everywhere where muslim starts to get more than a few..

there is problem with violence.

Sorry to see that religion can be that bad.

Glegolo

I love to miss the cold and windy weather of Sweden. And i love to miss the "ladies" in Sweden,

so a big Hurra for the rest of my life down here in Thailand

Glegolo

-------------------------------------------

Yes.... I have seen this happen before... all over the world...everywhere where muslim starts to get more than a few..

there is problem with violence.

Sorry to see that religion can be that bad.

Glegolo

There's actually more muslims than buddhists been killed in the southern conflict. And there are those that have simply disappeared. Tellingly, the report omitted the Muslims that form part of the 29 deaths ........

"A Thai military spokesman has denied any possibility that the army was responsible for Monday's attack on a mosque in the south of the country.

At least 10 people died in the Narathiwat shootings, which happened during evening prayers."

Edited by filibuster

There's actually more muslims than buddhists been killed in the southern conflict.

Please identify your source of info.

A link will do- :Think1:

Deep South Watch monitors and records all the incidents in the three and a bit southern provinces. Around 54% of the deaths since 2004 have been Muslim.

Deep South Watch monitors and records all the incidents in the three and a bit southern provinces. Around 54% of the deaths since 2004 have been Muslim.

Had a read but couldn't find those stats.If it is true (I don't believe stats anyway) isn't it only karma that those performing the terrorist acst suffer the biggest casualties? :MonkeyFight:

Here we go again, ignorance at it's finest.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Had a read but couldn't find those stats.If it is true (I don't believe stats anyway) isn't it only karma that those performing the terrorist acst suffer the biggest casualties? :)

Why ask for a link and then say you don't believe stats anyway? :)

Why ask for a link and then say you don't believe stats anyway? :)

Because I keep on top of this subject on a regular basis and I've never seen those figures-Hence I'd like to see the source!Simple question isn't it?

Edited by ROOTER

I dont know either, but there's the 10 in the mosque for starters.

Lets not let this degenerate fellas - its a news article but please remember racism and religious bigotry arent welcome here.

You are WELCOME to your own opinions - just not to post that stuff here please.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Whitespider-It was Bryan that posted this article! All I'm asking is for a source of info-A relevant request as I believe all claims like this need to be substantiated-Nothing racial or otherwise. :GoldenSmile1:

Whitespider-It was Bryan that posted this article! All I'm asking is for a source of info-A relevant request as I believe all claims like this need to be substantiated-Nothing racial or otherwise. :Chokdee3:

Rooter,

I gave you the source - Deep South Watch. If you "keep on top of this subject on a regular basis" you would be pretty familiar with their work and the numbers involved. Of course, you could always quote another independent source in order to dispute the figures which would be a bit more substantial than just muttering "I don't believe stats anyway."

However, to appease you ....... Bloomberg chooses to quote them as a reputable source.

"Muslim Deaths

More than half of those killed since 2004 were Muslim, Deep South Watch said. About 95 percent of Thailand’s population of 66 million people is Buddhist.

Since mid-2007, the number of violent incidents dropped to below 100 per month from about 200, according to statistics compiled by Deep South Watch.

Last month, a Thai court exonerated security officials blamed for the deaths of 78 male Muslim protesters who suffocated after being packed into trucks for transport to a military base. Panitan, who is deputy secretary-general to the prime minister, said the government is looking to compensate victims’ families.

The mosque shooting was “probably all part of the aftermath of the court ruling,” said Paul Quaglia, director of PSA Asia, a Bangkok-based security and risk assessment consulting firm. The ruling will probably provoke further attacks in coming days, and possibly “widespread, coordinated, multi target bombing and arson attacks,” he said."