IGNORED

HELP, hotels in Koh samui

Hi guys, i relly need some help and fast.

I leave next week to BKK, on the program i was supposed to spend most of my time in Patt area. My Yin just told me that she would liked to go for few days to Koh Samui, i was never there before so don't have to many ideas about it. I'm looking for a good hotel as close as possible to the beach (Chaweng is my 1st option) with internet connection. I'm looking for a standard close to the one of the Tim and Lk in Patt, willing to go till 60$ by night. Thanks guys

P.S: If someone have beside that some good advices concerning the place i'll be happy to hear about it

Edited by dude 947

Number6-01.jpg

The prisoner: “I’m not a number, I’m a free manâ€

A gogo girl: "i'm not a number, i'm a free woman"

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, I stayed 3 weeks in the Laem Din hotel in Samui.

2 minutes from Chaweng beach road, free wifi, cheap drinks at their bar. Clean rooms and also has a guest house round the back with cheaper rooms. Secure hotel and prob the nicest in the close area.

Was 1000 baht for a night, twin room is 500 each. Definatly reccomend it, only downside is there isn't a pool.

http://www.donlaemdin.com/

gk9qT.png

Dude, I stayed 3 weeks in the Laem Din hotel in Samui.

2 minutes from Chaweng beach road, free wifi, cheap drinks at their bar. Clean rooms and also has a guest house round the back with cheaper rooms. Secure hotel and prob the nicest in the close area.

Was 1000 baht for a night, twin room is 500 each. Definatly reccomend it, only downside is there isn't a pool.

http://www.donlaemdin.com/

Prices have jumped up from what you're quoting. I'm looking at a few nights on Samui in August. And since when was August high season (according to their site) ???

Check http://www.evergreensamui.com/ I stayed a year ago and liked it, it's small, right on the beach, walking distance to most shops, and bars...I don't know how it compares to Tims (never stayed there)...go with the bungalows..all in garden..30 sec walk to beach...

Dunraven

Stay in Lamai

Lamai wanta Resort is superb, and not expensive

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

I agree with pattayagolf you better stay in Lamai. The beach is as nice as in chaweng but not so busy. Besides if u rent a motorbike for 200/300 bath a day it's only a 5 minute drive to the crowded chaweng party scene but if you want partyscene lamai has it also. Check out www.lamaiburiresort.com a really nice hotel with great seaview, nice pool and prices in august start 1000 bath standard until 2500 bath for the romantic suite, really nice!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 5 months later...

Stay in Lamai

Lamai wanta Resort is superb, and not expensive

I agree - Lamai is a much better choice in terms of value. I love Lamai Wanta, but they have raised their prices noticeably since I stayed there. But most of the other nearby places on Lamai are also good, and also girl friendly.

Why don't you go to Koh Chang ? It's nicer and less crowded. Great beaches, waterfalls, mountains etc. You can get a bus at Ekkamai or a mini-bus for cheap, instead of getting ass-raped by Bangkok Air. They built the airport and charge stupid fares. I like KC Grande and White Sands Beach Resort. These 2 have cabins right on the N end of the beach, which is as nice as anything I've seen in Thailand. This guy has a great website: http://iamkohchang.com/ No want ? - Lamai Inn 99. wj

• 5 months later...

Why don't you go to Koh Chang ? It's nicer and less crowded. Great beaches, waterfalls, mountains etc. You can get a bus at Ekkamai or a mini-bus for cheap, instead of getting ass-raped by Bangkok Air. They built the airport and charge stupid fares. I like KC Grande and White Sands Beach Resort. These 2 have cabins right on the N end of the beach, which is as nice as anything I've seen in Thailand. This guy has a great website: http://iamkohchang.com/ No want ? - Lamai Inn 99. wj

I went to Koh Chang once and strongly disagree that it is nicer than Samui. Less crowded, yes, but that is about it. Not near as much to do, a lot of hippie backpacker types and pretty dull nightlife. I've stayed on Lamai and Chaweng. Lamai is nice but I prefer Chaweng as there are much more options for food/nightlife/entertainment.

• 3 months later...

Acranger has a point with the nightlife in Koh Chang. But it is fast growing and some places rock as hard as in Pats or Samui, you can find some good disco's and beerbars in white sand beach.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Have stayed at Chaweng Villa Beach Resort a few times,Not the greatest.but on the beach, has pool.bungalows,is relatively cheap and only a minutes walk to the main night life area,(and the night porters can organize anything you want at any time of the night)