Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Swine Flu Mask? Where to buy in Pattaya?

CobraBiker

Any idea where to buy 3M, N95 mask for Swine flu in pattaya? Or anything close to 3M specs? Going back in a week's time, need to wear on plane just in case?

Pattaya nua = North Pattaya Road there is a whole sale chemist.

I can not remember there name but it just past Tesco but on the other side of the Road & they will sell you them.

The Dentist that I use gave me a box.

They are not expensive.

Thanks for the info, anyway I just try my luck at watson and happy to find that the mask just arrived.

For those who wants the swine flu mask, look for 3M, N95, they are on sale now at

1) Watson at Royal Garden,

2) Home Works, on South Pattaya

Prevention is better than cure, if you think you can be spared, check out the statistic, 160 dead, and many thousands more infected, and has spread over 70+ countries.

Good Luck!!

are these masks effective? if so, a citation to a reputable website would be great! thanks.

I can not remember there name but it just past Tesco but on the other side of the Road & they will sell you them.

They are not expensive.

That would be Fascimo Pharmacy

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?Qk3RUCmukcSD8CAA

But....aren't these masks as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike????

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

are these masks effective? if so, a citation to a reputable website would be great! thanks.

I was reading a post earlier today that quoted some health professionals who think that the masks are not effective. The idea is that the masks become wet and allow the transmittion of the virus through them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I was reading a post earlier today that quoted some health professionals who think that the masks are not effective. The idea is that the masks become wet and allow the transmittion of the virus through them.

Do you have a reference for that? Just kidding :Bravo1: I heard the same thing, so wanted the poster to verify.

Prevention is better than cure, if you think you can be spared, check out the statistic, 160 dead, and many thousands more infected, and has spread over 70+ countries.

Good Luck!!

Better stay off the roads also, check out the statictics, 1000's dead and many hundreds of thousands more injured, and has spread to ALL countires.

The masks are very effective for the places selling them in creating more revenue.

Please.............................

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW

They are not expensive.

If you dentist uses surgical masks, then forget about it.

They offer no protection for airborne viruses, bacterias of pathogens.

They are designed to protect against direct exposure to solids and liquids (i.e. saliva, blood, etc.)

N95 is the minimum protection for contaminants such as flu viruses, TB, etc.

All respirators loose their rating for which they are designed with use and over time.

As already stated, a wet filter media will degrade the respirator and so will adsorbent contaminants.

A standard N95 is quite uncomfortable to wear for an extended period of time as it gets hot and has a high breathing resistance.

Spend a little extra for one with an exhalation valve.

It will also last longer as you exhalations will not degrade the performance nearly as much and it remains cooler to wear.

Caution: If you wear a respirator to protect others from yourself a devise with an exhalation valve will do no good.

The 95 in N95 refers to the filtration efficiency; 95%.

For added protection specify an N99 or N100 (with exhalation valve)

Finally if one is to use CDC as guidance for respirator selection, don't forget that CDC recommends fit testing (a requirement in an occupational setting).

Most untrained users will not don the respirator correctly and seriously limit its effectiveness.

2500_mask-240.jpg

Edited by MrDK

That would be Fascimo Pharmacy

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?Qk3RUCmukcSD8CAA

But....aren't these masks as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike????

Hedonist

Correct thats the place Fascino.

Hedonist well done, so what do you get from there ??????

:)

If you dentist uses surgical masks, then forget about it.

They offer no protection for airborne viruses, bacterias of pathogens.

They are designed to protect against direct exposure to solids and liquids (i.e. saliva, blood, etc.)

N95 is the minimum protection for contaminants such as flu viruses, TB, etc.

All respirators loose their rating for which they are designed with use and over time.

As already stated, a wet filter media will degrade the respirator and so will adsorbent contaminants.

A standard N95 is quite uncomfortable to wear for an extended period of time as it gets hot and has a high breathing resistance.

Spend a little extra for one with an exhalation valve.

It will also last longer as you exhalations will not degrade the performance nearly as much and it remains cooler to wear.

Caution: If you wear a respirator to protect others from yourself a devise with an exhalation valve will do no good.

The 95 in N95 refers to the filtration efficiency; 95%.

For added protection specify an N99 or N100 (with exhalation valve)

Finally if one is to use CDC as guidance for respirator selection, don't forget that CDC recommends fit testing (a requirement in an occupational setting).

Most untrained users will not don the respirator correctly and seriously limit its effectiveness.

2500_mask-240.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I must have flown home & had a hot mask on & was sweating for nothing.

:)

:Number1a::GrinNod1::ThumbUp6::hello09::Clap8::LMFAO::08: