IGNORED

Pattaya Beach cleared of over 100 suspected prostitutes.

LaaMok

Thursday 11th June 2009

In the early hours of Thursday Morning a one-off clean-up operation on Pattaya Beach took place whereby officers were given orders to round-up as many suspected prostitutes as possible. During the 2 hour operation a total of 105 people were arrested including 103 women and 2 transsexuals. They were all packed into a processing room at Pattaya Police Station and paid fines of between 100 and 200 Baht and were then sent on their way with a stern warning not to be seen on Pattaya Beach again. Minutes after their release most of them were seen to return to Pattaya Beach and some were also seen making attempts to recoup their financial loss from earlier in the night.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/june/n...1_06_52_4.shtml

Average fine of 150 Baht...times 105 = 15,750 baht.

Couldnt the BiB just shake down 1 farang instead?

Thursday 11th June 2009

In the early hours of Thursday Morning a one-off clean-up operation on Pattaya Beach took place whereby officers were given orders to round-up as many suspected prostitutes as possible. During the 2 hour operation a total of 105 people were arrested including 103 women and 2 transsexuals. They were all packed into a processing room at Pattaya Police Station and paid fines of between 100 and 200 Baht and were then sent on their way with a stern warning not to be seen on Pattaya Beach again. Minutes after their release most of them were seen to return to Pattaya Beach and some were also seen making attempts to recoup their financial loss from earlier in the night.

LOL

I strolled the beach numerous times and the one time I saw one that looked really nice I went past her and then doubled back to try and observe her from a distance. (I wanted to see if she had a boyfriend hanging close by) She did the same thing the street ho's do here, disappeared in the blink of an eye. I never did see her again during my stay.

i love it....there must have been need for a party fund back at headquarters!

cheers, alex

Beach Girls are very important for cheap charlies and tourists.... Plus us mongers who liked to have a occasional chat while walking along the beach... Hope the cops and the Pattaya lawmen dont clear them off

nice little earner

can't fault the BIB's logic.

They turn a civic problem : To many freelancers

Into a revenue stream, and get their pictures into the news cleaning up town to boot.

If they pulled in 100. There must have been 5 times that number that got away before the BIB got hold of them?

With mobile phones/friends and various sois the other side of the road they could have the brach cleared in under a minute after the raid started.

Just like every other time they do a raid somewhere, the girls were walking right back to the beach from the police station lol.

I guess they BIB like to look busy while in fact they are actually just actually wasting there time and achieving nothing. I guess this is part of their plan to improve the image of Pattaya and get rid of the sex tourists, they should be careful of what they wish for because if they truly clean up Pattaya it will become a ghost town.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

They were all packed into a processing room at Pattaya Police Station and paid fines of between 100 and 200 Baht and were then sent on their way with a stern warning not to be seen on Pattaya Beach again.

I guess the local constabulary needed some coin for a piss up on the weekend.

"Can we go to a bar where the chicks have pussies?"

I would love to know what qualifies a girl for a 200 baht fine while others paid 100 or so.

Eat. Down. South.

Not very good businessmen are they, I would have rounded up 10 falangs and fined them 5,000 baht each or 4,000 baht for early payment on site.

Just do the maths.

If it moves fuck it

Whats scared me was that they only got 2 LB's. Where the hell were the rest of em?

Testicles

So 100 are cleared away from the beach.

That means there are still thousands hanging around the beach road area day & night.

The BIB do some great work & then other times you just can not believe what you read about them.

I would like to see the Kids who sell gum & lighters etc moved away from Pattaya as a priority.

Whats scared me was that they only got 2 LB's. Where the hell were the rest of em?

F#*king PA members or it must be the season of sex change. LOL.

:GoldenSmile1:

Unless they had more than 100 BIB on the beat the beach will have emptied in under a minute.

Those mobiles start going of as news of a raid picks up.

Not only where the girls walking straight back from the station, I bet once the wagons had gone 400 odd girls and 50 odd ladybois were back on the beach befoer the first wagon reached the station.

Maybe the BIB are smartening up. Theres no falang over there anyway and the country has done almost everything they can to discourage us coming.

So why not sponge of the BG's a bit instead of their customers.

Most of them will just go home via baht bus instead of taxi and recover the money immediatly.

Or only eat two times the next day.

I would love to know what qualifies a girl for a 200 baht fine while others paid 100 or so.

Probably previous offenders.

Not very good businessmen are they, I would have rounded up 10 falangs and fined them 5,000 baht each or 4,000 baht for early payment on site.

Just do the maths.

for what would you give a Falang a 5k fine for?

I think the Police Chief needed the funds for the upcoming barcrawl

HH

:P

HH

"Dad, wake up! Fuck me cuz I have to go to church soon!

for what would you give a Falang a 5k fine for?

The old favorite "not carrying passport" comes to mind :rolleyes:

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

I don't think it has much to do with money. I would suppose it's more for the papers than anything else. Some powerful person probably complained to the right person who instead of losing face rounded up 100 prostitutes with reporters watching. Simple really... Everyone walks away happy.

I get the impression that if the police want to fine you they'll find something, or make it up, or plant it . . .

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."

~~ Mark Twain ~~

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...