• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rezbin

• PattayaBigChris

• Picturethis

• THguypattaya

Swine Flu seems to cause LESS deads tham amy "normal" influenza.

So I'm not bothered at all...

I reckon the containment strategy is extremely unlikely to succeed - it's probably already right through town.

I agree... if this flu spreads anything like it has here in Oz and i see no reason why it wouldn't !!! I think this will be yet another nail in the coffin for Thai tourism :GoldenSmile1:

just been talking to a mate who is a doctor in bangkok nothing to worry about it is just the flu thai govt is just going over the top as allways all these silly fuckers going around with masks on what are they going to do next close pattaya down

Can't believe it's Swine and not Bird flu!!!!

There's a lot of very fit birds in Pattaya, and I hardly ever see any pigs.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

I work for the vaccine arm of Sanofi Pasteur. Here are excerpts from an internal e-mail that I received today about the swine flu epidemic that states it’s no more deadly (or contagious) than seasonal influenza. That’s right folks strait from the horses’ mouth, you have noting really to fear or worry about. The panic caused by the news media about the outbreak is probably doing more harm economically to Thailand than H1N1 is doing harm to people. FYI we are producing a H1N1 vaccine but I think it’s only going to be for the US government stock pile do to our already strained production schedule of seasonal influenza vaccine. Sorry I couldn’t post the whole e-mail but I have to protect my identity and company interests.

“Today, the World Health Organization raised the pandemic alert level to Phase 6 due to the continued spread of novel H1N1 influenza. Although we continue to see a gradual increase in the number of people infected, the WHO pandemic declaration is not the result of a sudden jump in the number of cases, nor does it reflect an increase in disease severity. Any case of influenza – seasonal or pandemic – may result in moderate to severe illness, but so far, novel H1N1 appears no more severe than seasonal influenza.”

500,000 people die from the flu every year and this have been blown out of proportions by the media it was a good story since it was transmitted from pigs initially and then started to spread from human to human.

This is not going to change my daily routine in Pattaya unless it mutates into something much worse.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Interesting stuff...

Source: http://www.philly.com/philly/phillywomen/4...?cmpid=15585797

Time to panic? No, flu symptoms are mild ... so far.

IT'S HARD TO believe this isn't getting more hype in the overheated world of cable television, but amid all the talk of a possible pandemic, the flu has killed 36,000 Americans.

In fact, the flu kills 36,000 Americans every year, on average, but that is from what experts are now calling the "regular" flu - too regular, it seems, to drown out the thundering hooves of the 24-hour-news cycle.

Meanwhile, the much-ballyhooed swine flu, which the World Health Organization is now calling by its proper name of "H1N1" in a bid to halt a needless slaughter of the other white meat - is churning slowly here in the United States. So far, the only death reported here has been a toddler from Mexico - the epicenter of the global outbreak - who came here for treatment at a Houston hospital.

But if you watch a lot of TV news, it's hard not to be alarmed by all the talk of swine flu. Should you be? Let's break it down:

Q. How serious is the swine flu?

A. There are a couple of ways of looking at this. Some medical experts insist that despite all the attention this outbreak is getting, the current strain is actually pretty mild.

"We do need to keep this in perspective," Dr. Christopher Olsen, a molecular virologist and swine-flu expert from the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine, in Madison, told the Los Angeles Times yesterday.

The Times reported that experts using computer technology to analyze the current swine-flu strain so far see it lacking the characteristics of more lethal pandemics like the notorious 1918 outbreak that killed a staggering 13,000 in Philadelphia and millions around the globe. One expert said that the likely U.S. infection rate will be a fraction of the millions who contract the "regular" flu every season.

Q. So why is the World Health Organization calling this a pandemic - with a "5" rating on a 1-to-6 scale?

A. There are factors about this strain of swine flu as it began surfacing in Mexico that are a cause for heightened concern; that includes evidence that the virus seems to spread easily from human to human and the significant number of fatalities that are being investigated in Mexico. Some 160 swine-flu deaths are suspected there - but only eight have been definitely linked to H1N1.

Q. What is the current tally of American cases?

A. As of last night, there were 109 confirmed cases in the United States and six people had been hospitalized. In particular, there were significant numbers of episodes in Texas - which borders Mexico, and where schools in Fort Worth and elsewhere have closed - and New York, where travel to Mexico led to a cluster of cases in a Queens prep school.

Q. What about here in Philadelphia?

A. There still have been no official cases in Pennsylvania, although one "probable" swine flu infection here in the city from last month is under investigation. That patient, a child, has already recovered. Officials said that 18 other Philadelphia samples that were sent to federal health officials tested negative for swine flu.

There have been nine mild cases - not requiring hospitalization - in neighboring states, with five in New Jersey and a cluster of four at the University of Delaware.

Q. What are Philadelphia officials doing about the situation?

A. The city Health Department is alerting anyone who has a fever of over 100 and a cough or sore throat to contact a doctor.

Giridhar Mallya, director of policy and planning for the city Health Department, said that asthmatics and others with respiratory diseases, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or emphysema, "could be affected to a greater extent" than others by swine flu but said that there was no plan here to single them out for observation.

Q. I know you said it the other day, but what should I be looking for?

A. The symptoms of the swine flu, or H1N1, are pretty much the same symptoms you would see from the "regular," or seasonal, flu - fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, fatigue and occasionally diarrhea and vomiting.

Q. And what was it I was supposed to be doing again?

A. Washing your hands frequently and covering your mouth when you cough. Uh, weren't you doing those things already?

Q. What about wearing a mask?

A. Not here in the United States, unless you're planning to go trick or treating . . . at Joe Biden's house.

Q. And why is the WHO no longer calling it "swine flu."

A. Believe it or not, officials say they may be saving the lives of hundreds of thousands of pigs. In Egypt, officials have begun slaughtering an estimated 300,000 pigs - even though there is no evidence the disease spreads by eating pork. *

Staff writers Gloria Campisi and Dafney Tales contributed to this report.

"Great souls are they who see that spiritual is stronger than material force, that thoughts rule the world." - Emerson

yet another nail in LOS. When will it stop?

Its tragic. when I came here 20 years ago I thought it was paradise, and the magic stayed with me untill about 5 years ago when the gov got seriously xenophobic and flang hating. Its downhill big time ever since. They had it all and people were happy and smiling, pleased to see you - Now its attitude problem - hey flang you are standing on my land, give me money, now.

ermmm wots that got to do with swine flu ???

YOU SEE WE ALL JUST CAME FROM THE MACHINE FACTORY AND....SOMETIMES THE FACTORY MAKES BAD MACHINES THAT DONT WORK SO THEY PUT THEM HERE..THE BAD MACHINES DONT KNOW THAT THEY,RE BAD MACHINES..BUT THE PEOPLE AT THE FACTORY KNOW........THEY KNOW THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE MACHINES THAT DOESNT WORK.

joskydive,,,

Do you know which entertainment venues is being closed?

Chok dee,

HOKS

Yes The coconut bar is closed

If it moves fuck it

:Clap7:

It was the Star Dice Discotheque in Naklua

BR = Beach Road

That means al have to just shag all day in my loom LOL

Well I am still going lol. seriously maybe an idea to cut down on the a/c in the room I believe these harbour germs and are easily spread.

not to worry, my only concern is I am pulling a sickie from work and If i have to go back and report I been to thailand shagging and caught pig pox.

Edited by Baldylocks

it is amazing how badly reported it is in the thai language press add to that chinese whispers and you have got pretty ignorant Bg's

since it was first reported in mexico and subsequently in thailand I have spoken with a number of BG's about it as they are always sniffling so I joke they have the swine flu. EVERY single one said they could not have it as they did not eat pork since the outbreak was announced last month

I do not know the time period for the farangs that contracted it but the 19 or so from the club have been happily going about their business and I still do not know if they are in quarantine, so its a safe bet that there will be plenty more cases in pattaya and beyond very soon

why worry about swine flu when you in thailand theres better thing to do

marching on together super leeds

i will have a quadruple order of bacon every morning (i know you cant get this flu from eating pork, but i love bacon and i just like to piss off the people who dont eat pork)...and, french kiss as many bar girls as i can.

fuck this bullshit about the flu...pattaya, full speed ahead.

cheers, alex

Thanks fostraswift (post #36),,,,Does anyone know which 17 entertainment venues in Pattaya have been closed?

Kop Khun Kop,

HOKS

surely a bit of flu is the leas disease to worry about when licking TG's anal regions. I hope the world doest go into meltdown between now and august :)

center]'''''''''''You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.''''''''''''[/center]

Wonder if there are more swine flu cases than HIV cases in Pattaya.

I seriously doubt it.

The fear is that the H1N1 flu virus may mutate and combine with the HIV virus to form an airbourne HIV.

Who head Chan: Swine flu combined with HIV poses serious threat

Highly improbable IMO however given the rate that viruses mutate especially the HIV virus (that is the main reason all attempts at a vaccine have so far failed) anything is potentially possible.

Maybe Durex will bring out a condom that fits your head. You will prbably suffocate but at least it will protect you from HIV Flu :Macarena:

Al.

damn I still have 5 days left here....what am I going to do hmmmmm this sucks

i'd find my fav bar girl and head back to a room

I seriously doubt it.

The fear is that the H1N1 flu virus may mutate and combine with the HIV virus to form an airbourne HIV.

Who head Chan: Swine flu combined with HIV poses serious threat

Highly improbable IMO however given the rate that viruses mutate especially the HIV virus (that is the main reason all attempts at a vaccine have so far failed) anything is potentially possible.

Maybe Durex will bring out a condom that fits your head. You will prbably suffocate but at least it will protect you from HIV Flu :GrinNod1:

Al.

That would be great for Pattaya's image to be the birth place of a "end of day’s virus”. That would be some biblical prophecy shit. Think that would hurt tourism in Thailand lol