Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Swine Flu in Pattaya

LaaMok

Its on the Thai news today that 21 thais in pattaya have the swine flu, I dont have any more details.

They have a emergency hotline number for suspected cases, i think its 002590333

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rezbin

• PattayaBigChris

• Picturethis

• Jimmys Conspiracy

The Nation

Thailand found 21 new cases of Influenza 2009 in Pattaya

Thailand on Thursday confirmed 21 new cases of the Influenza 2009, all of them were discotheque staffs in Pattaya, Thai Public Health Minister Witthaya

Among the 90 samples collected from people who worked in hotel and discotheques in Pattaya, 21 of them were confirmed to be positive to the flu.

The collection of the samples were conducted after two Taiwanese who visited Pattaya were found infected by the flu when they returned home.

"All 21 cases which were found positive to the flu were staffs of a discotheque in Pattaya," he said.

A Bangkok school suspends classes in an influenza scare

A private school in Dusit district suspends Grade 6 classes for three days after a student of the school was infected by the influenza 2009. Ads by Google

Bird flu map

Watch the video on Bird Flu & learn how to build a Smarter Planet today

www.ibm.com/think/uk

The 11-year-old student had no record of travelling to a foreign country, therefore, the ministry's investigation focused on the school and the boy's classmates.

Other patients of the flu had record of travelling abroad.

Deputy Public Health Minister Manit Nopamornbhodi refused to reveal name of the school.

"Three classes of Grade 6 of the school will be suspended for three days, starting on June 11," he said.

If it moves fuck it

yet another nail in LOS. When will it stop?

Its tragic. when I came here 20 years ago I thought it was paradise, and the magic stayed with me untill about 5 years ago when the gov got seriously xenophobic and flang hating. Its downhill big time ever since. They had it all and people were happy and smiling, pleased to see you - Now its attitude problem - hey flang you are standing on my land, give me money, now.

which disco?

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg

I saw news vans from 3 different channels on BR shortly before 10pm I assume it was because of this.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

So, the next logical question is : do Pattaya Hospitals they have adequate supplies of Tamiflu, and will tourists be given it (if diagnosed with swine flu)?

So, the next logical question is : do Pattaya Hospitals they have adequate supplies of Tamiflu, and will tourists be given it (if diagnosed with swine flu)?

Of course, tourists are more likley to get it first maybe at 5,000 baht a pop.

If it moves fuck it

you can probably buy it over the counter in the many pharmacies 1/10th the price of at home.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

We were at the mcdonalds near Walking Street near 8:30 tonight and there were a bunch of news vans outside. We never did find out what it was for, but it was something big.

"Great souls are they who see that spiritual is stronger than material force, that thoughts rule the world." - Emerson

A total of 24 people were found with swine flu today. 17 of them were staff from the discotheque (Star Dice, Naklua), and the other 7 were friend and family of the staff.

I do not know what the news vehicles were doing close to Walking Street this evening since this happen on the other end of town.

To say the least, the discotheque has been closed down until further notice.

"Great souls are they who see that spiritual is stronger than material force, that thoughts rule the world." - Emerson

It was the Star Dice Discotheque in Naklua

BR = Beach Road

A total of 24 people were found with swine flu today. 17 of them were staff from the discotheque (Star Dice, Naklua), and the other 7 were friend and family of the staff.

I do not know what the news vehicles were doing close to walking street this evening since this happen on the other end of town.

To say the least, the discotheque has been closed down until further notice.

There were people with masks on Walking Street.

Gimme a break. Many more cases elsewhere. I can see getting the disco closed since all the staff are sick though.

From what I have heard and read, only the staff & close family and friends have been found with it, however what about all the customers? Two Taiwanese were found with it after they arrived home (which prompted the investigation to begin with), and I am sure there are many more cases that have not been reported yet. Everybody is in a panic and waring masks, especially in crowded places such as Walking Street as the virus has a 6 feet radius for infection from those unlucky enough to have it.

The news likes to sensationalize things, and have Walking Street as the backdrop of their news story. I'm not trying to downplay anything, only trying to stay optimistic.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail....&con_type=1

Nightclub workers treble Thailand's swine flu tally

Friday, June 12, 2009

The number of confirmed cases of swine flu in Thailand nearly tripled to 46 yesterday, with most of the new infections detected among workers at a nightclub in the seaside resort of Pattaya.

And a Hong Kong visitor has claimed to have contracted the virus on the southern resort island of Phuket. Thai premier Abhisit Vejjajiva has sent Public Health Minister Witthaya Kaewparadai Witthaya there to investigate.

"There are new confirmed cases both in Pattaya and Phuket," the prime minister said. "But none of these confirmed cases is in a serious condition."

Health officials reported 30 new cases across the kingdom, including a young British traveler, and said more were expected. But they urged people to remain calm.

Twenty-one of the new infections were found among the Pattaya nightclub workers, who were tested after two Taiwanese tourists claimed to have contracted the disease there upon their return home.

Four other cases were found at the privately run St Gabriel's College in Bangkok. The college has now announced it will close for one week.

The remaining five infected people in Thailand are being kept in quarantine.

Since the virus was first discovered in the United States and Mexico in April, 74 countries have reported more than 27,000 cases, including 141 deaths, according to figures from the World Health Organization.

In Australia, the flu tally has ticked up by 39 to 1,263 cases, with 1,011 in the southern state of Victoria. Authorities in the state said four people were being treated in hospital intensive care wards.

That was a potentially worrying escalation for Australian health chiefs, who have previously reported only mild symptoms among flu victims.

But the flu has spread rapidly in Australia - the world's fifth worst- hit country - since sick passengers were allowed to leave a cruise ship in Sydney late last month.

Victoria has recorded numerous cases of domestic transmission, which occurs when the virus spreads between people within a community rather than the infection being driven by people coming from overseas.

In Germany, 27 children from a Japanese school in Duesseldorf tested positive for flu. The Japanese families affected have been quarantined in their homes and the school closed.

damn I still have 5 days left here....what am I going to do hmmmmm this sucks

17 Entertainment Venues Ordered Closed, Thailand orders suspension of entertainment services in Pattaya

Thailand orders suspension of entertainment services in Pattaya to curb A/H1N1 outbreak

www.chinaview.cn 2009-06-11 20:34:14

BANGKOK, June 11 (Xinhua) -- Thailand's Public Health Ministry on Thursday ordered service suspension of 17 entertainment places in resort town Pattaya in a central province of Chonburi in a bid to curb the A/H1N1 flu virus outbreak, the Thai News Agency reported.

The order of the temporary closure has followed the earlier announcement by the Ministry that now totally there are 21 confirmed A/H1N1 flu patients in Chonburi, the destination of tourists around the world.

Also, some 420,000 pills of antiviral Camiflu have been distributed to Chonburi's provincial public health office, said Somchai Chakraphan, director-general of the Disease Control Department, the Health Ministry, the website by Thai-language newspaper Krungthep Turakij reported.

The provincial public health office will later re-distribute them to hotels and risk-affected areas, he said.

On May 12, the Health Ministry announced the country's first two confirmed A/H1N1 flu cases, and by June 10 the country has totally 46 confirmed A/H1N1 flu patients.

According to the World Health Organization, Thailand ranked 33rd as the country that has been hit by the deadly new virus.

damn I still have 5 days left here....what am I going to do hmmmmm this sucks

stay in room & fuck like a rabbit til the end! :D

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Apparently it's mild. If you get it you will likely be protected in the case of a more serious wave further down the line, so don't freak out.

The authorities may want to try to halt the spread for 3 reasons:

- So that pattaya does'nt pick up a poor reputation as a toxic hell hole

- Concern that if it spreads widely enough, some people (either vaunerable because of age, other illness etc ) will die.

- Practice run incase a more deadly wave propegates further down the line.

I reckon the containment strategy is extremely unlikely to succeed - it's probably already right through town.

I'm not a pathologist so you can disregard commentry above.

yet another nail in LOS. When will it stop?

Its tragic. when I came here 20 years ago I thought it was paradise, and the magic stayed with me untill about 5 years ago when the gov got seriously xenophobic and flang hating. Its downhill big time ever since. They had it all and people were happy and smiling, pleased to see you - Now its attitude problem - hey flang you are standing on my land, give me money, now.

Sounds like our Native Indians, but the coffers are wide open for them.

The WHO (World Health Oranization) in Geneva have just announced that its now an official global Pandemic. They say that they will not be restricting travel but that's how it spread from America. In Australia there are now more than 1300 cases, worldwide 30,000. So its a matter of isolating known cases. A vaccine will be available in Australia soon (they are making 10 million doses). Could be a big problem for Thailand.

"For the first time in four decades the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared a global flu pandemic.

One of the factors affecting its decision was the big increase in the number of swine flu cases in Australia." www.abc.net.au/news

The reports from patients with the swine flu who were in reasonable health have been that it feels just like a regular flu that will run it's course so I wouldn't be that worried guys. The danger largely seems to be the increasing likelyhood that it will mutuate into and even more dangerous strain.

Obviously if you are in poor health and/or have no access to good medical then you would have more reason to be concerned.

It seems likely now the swine flu will spread widely no matter what people or organisations try to do. Being positive and eating healthy I think is the best we can do. Rumours of a vaccine coming soon I am sceptical of. Last I heard it was still months away.

Am I worthy of being a Soi Prisoner you tell me?

Zero to Hero

The WHO (World Health Oranization) in Geneva have just announced that its now an official global Pandemic. They say that they will not be restricting travel but that's how it spread from America. In Australia there are now more than 1300 cases, worldwide 30,000. So its a matter of isolating known cases. A vaccine will be available in Australia soon (they are making 10 million doses). Could be a big problem for Thailand.

"For the first time in four decades the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared a global flu pandemic.

One of the factors affecting its decision was the big increase in the number of swine flu cases in Australia." www.abc.net.au/news

Despite the number of cases in Oz right now and the fact that some Players have tested positive ARL and AFL teams will travel and play this weekend. There will be gatherings of 20-40,000 people at games the players will be in contact with each other and some of the crowd so spread of the virus will certainly be possible.

Latest medical opinion here is that it is pointless to try and contain it and it is unlikely to be of major concern to most people. If you are one of the poor unfortunates that it becomes serious for, the medical services will prove adequate to save you.

I won't be in Pattaya again until October and am relying on all you people to ensure you've spread it around so much, it'll be too tired and thin to give me any concern by then, good luck.

would be interesting to know which Pattaya venues are ordered closed because of this flu. maybe its confined to the venues that refused to pay the latest tea money request made by the BIB.

Wonder if there are more swine flu cases than HIV cases in Pattaya.

I work for the vaccine arm of Sanofi Pasteur. Here are excerpts from an internal e-mail that I received today about the swine flu epidemic that states it’s no more deadly (or contagious) than seasonal influenza. That’s right folks strait from the horses’ mouth, you have noting really to fear or worry about. The panic caused by the news media about the outbreak is probably doing more harm economically to Thailand than H1N1 is doing harm to people. FYI we are producing a H1N1 vaccine but I think it’s only going to be for the US government stock pile due to our already strained production schedule of seasonal influenza vaccine. Sorry I couldn’t post the whole e-mail but I have to protect my identity and company interests.

“Today, the World Health Organization raised the pandemic alert level to Phase 6 due to the continued spread of novel H1N1 influenza. Although we continue to see a gradual increase in the number of people infected, the WHO pandemic declaration is not the result of a sudden jump in the number of cases, nor does it reflect an increase in disease severity. Any case of influenza – seasonal or pandemic – may result in moderate to severe illness, but so far, novel H1N1 appears no more severe than seasonal influenza.”

Edited by JonnyLongStroke