IGNORED

sawadee sea view

anaconda19

hey everyone ive been looking at guest houses in pattaya and the sawadee sea view on soi 10 looks like its cheap and in a good location for me, in between Walking Street and Soi Six... has any one stayed there? are they guest friendly? ok place to stay?

experience is the mother of wisdom

Its cheap its a good location but it has had quite a few not so good reviews for food and cleanliness alll sawadees are cheasp and not very good there are far better budget places try booking a weel recommended place from the review sections for a couple of nights and then look around once you get to pattayay

you'll see a lot of differing opinions on here about sawasdee hotels. i've stayed at seaview numerous times and don't mind it at all. it is definitely girl friendly and in a great location. there's a great exchange booth right down the soi that gives one of the best rates in patts and the apex breakfast buffet is right up on 2nd road though they do have their own buffet. the rooms vary quite a bit, some seem a little more tired than others. i plan to stay there in nov.

I have been to Pattaya four times now.

1. Sunshine hotel Soi 8

I was a newbie stayed in the old wing. The room sucked but location was great. (Would a recommend to a friend? NO)

2. Sawadee Sea View Soi 10

Room was OK, but bed slid around on the tile floor, thin walls hearing the click/clack of high heels all night in the hallway and doors opening & closing all night.

Quite Soi no bars on it and somewhat of a creepy dark walk down this Soi at night. (Would I recommend to a friend? NO)

3. Metro Apartments Soi LK Metro

Room was great, Dennis the owner was great, A/C bar with free pool tables, as I now knew my way around Pattaya at this point I find LK Metro to be a great location. (Would I recommend to a friend? YES)

4. 3Som Soi LK Metro

As stated above IMO great location, nice room, a bit cheaper than Metro Apt. (Would I recommend to a friend? YES)

IMHO, Soi LK Metro is by FAR the best value in all of Pattaya.

Edited by Murphy

hey everyone ive been looking at guest houses in pattaya and the sawadee sea view on soi 10 looks like its cheap and in a good location for me, in between walking street and soi six... has any one stayed there? are they guest friendly? ok place to stay?

Its basic, cheap and clean. More importantly its guest friendly.

Tim

This hotel is suitable for die-hard budget traveller but a bed is a bed all the same to me...

More importantly its guest friendly.

Tim

This should be a given in Pattaya, right?

Sawasdee hotels are generally cheap & chearfull but basic. The Apex on second road is a far better hotel and not that expensive. The girls in the beer bar across the road from the Apex are also very user friendly. Also if you are gonna hire a motor bike the guy in front of the beer bar will do you one for 150 a day .

cool will look up the apex too.

is it safe to assume all hotels and guest houses are lbfm friendly then? being pattaya...

im not used to nice hotels or anything so a cheapie room is good for me and ill put up with a spot of damp if itl save me a fiver...

is it going to offend the girls being brought back to a not so richmans guest room? i know some share sleep space with many girls crammed into a small crummy room all on one bed etc, but theyre not all living like that?

experience is the mother of wisdom

cool will look up the apex too.

is it safe to assume all hotels and guest houses are lbfm friendly then? being pattaya...

im not used to nice hotels or anything so a cheapie room is good for me and ill put up with a spot of damp if itl save me a fiver...

is it going to offend the girls being brought back to a not so richmans guest room? i know some share sleep space with many girls crammed into a small crummy room all on one bed etc, but theyre not all living like that?

anaconda19,

Nothing in Thailand can ever be assumed and taken for granted. Living here 15 yrs has taught me that.

Thais have no concept of common sense. Its normally the opposite of what we all think!

Not all hotels are guest friendly in Pattaya. The arguments I have has with hotels in the centre of Pattaya regarding joiner fees and why do guys go to Pattaya for?

Tim