Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Underage or no?

Jeppe

This for some who know thai law and i would like to know how it is.

I have learn in the past that if you get caught with a lady under 18:een you will serve some time under thai prison system hospitality.

Now i reed some article at Pattayadailynews where couple men was arrested and chaged at "charged with molesting a child under the age of 15"

How it is? 15 or 18 to legal age to have sex? This for reason becouse it's not unusually underage girl who go out and have id from older sister or friend

and show that to get to disco or elsewhere and finaly to your room..

How it's in thai for these case if girl show fake id or sister's id for you and she is minor and you get caught for that? In my home country in the case like that you wont be chager but girl will face some charge.

Confusin, maybe i will take next time lady who look more like mama san maybe that keep out of trouble :GoldenSmile1:

Jeppe

Paid sex..? Paid sex is illegal even for with granmama in thailand? Or a'm i wrong that prostitution is illegal in thailand?

Jeppe

Paid sex..? Paid sex is illegal even for with granmama in thailand? Or a'm i wrong that prostitution is illegal in thailand?

You can pay for sex in Thailand and if you get caught you can then pay someone else to let you go free. What a country. :GoldenSmile1:

You are correct, however, you are dealing with two different laws.

One which is enforced and one which is not.

A lot 16 or 17 year old girls especially when dressed sexily and with make up do not appear to be underage and I wouldn’t accuse anybody that went with one them of being a paedophile they hardly look like children which is a different matter altogether and utterly repulsive to any normal person.

However the law in Thailand is clear the minimum age where any form of prostitution or paid for sex is concerned is 18 and its no good saying I didn’t pay her for sex anyone who has been here for any length of time will tell you the law and in particular the police seem to be a law unto themselves they wont believe you.

The age of consent in Thailand is actually 15 although as I have previously said where any form of prostitution or paid for sex is concerned it is 18 so to make it simple

Thai – Thai - 15

Falang – Thai - 18 even one day under and you are in serious trouble.

There are different penalties for the different ages.

Extracts from the relevant laws Section 8. Any person who, in order to gratify the sexual desire of oneself or another person, has sexual intercourse with or acts otherwise against a person over fifteen but not over eighteen years of age in a prostitution environment, with or without his or her consent, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to three years and to a fine of twenty thousand to sixty thousand Baht.

If it involves a child not over fifteen years of age, the offender shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of ten to twenty years and to a fine of two hundred thousand to four hundred thousand Baht.

The above is a loose English translation in order for it to make sense.

Note that the MIMIMUM penalties are one and ten years respectively

I think the OP was merely trying to warn us so we would not unwittingly fall foul of the law and possibly end up in the monkey house.

I have also come across girls using their sisters I.D. because they were underage whilst it may be an argument in your favour if she did, and form the basis of your defence if it went to court you have still broken the law therefore guilty?

Al.

This was an other topic and how can i say, better be careful (id or really look older enough) when take lady in room :GoldenSmile1:

:Laugh1:

Jeppe

I have learn in the past that if you get caught with a lady under 18:een you will serve some time under thai prison system hospitality.

Now i reed some article at Pattayadailynews where couple men was arrested and chaged at "charged with molesting a child under the age of 15"

How it is? 15 or 18 to legal age to have sex? This for reason becouse it's not unusually underage girl who go out and have id from older sister or friend

How it's in thai for these case if girl show fake id or sister's id for you and she is minor and you get caught for that? In my home country in the case like that you wont be chager but girl will face some charge.

Confusin, maybe i will take next time lady who look more like mama san maybe that keep out of trouble :P

Just because Pattaya Daily News states that he was "charged with molesting a child under the age of 15" doesn't eman that it is correct. I have found that the local English news outlets are crap and not reliable. Some of their reports could have been written by a 12 year old...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I feel safer to choose ladies who looks 30+ to 45.... Lots have of who had ID age 18 are faked... My TG next door nieghbour in Nong Khai got pregnant at age 16 while working at Agogo bars in Patts... It had made me aware eversince...

If you think she looks and acts to young walk away.

I come that close once (15 yo) never again.

Edited by Siege

Now i have a Question , witch yearcounting is used , as World Newyear 1januari , or Thai new-year counting for changing different year starting????

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Now i have a Question , witch yearcounting is used , as World Newyear 1januari , or Thai new-year counting for changing different year starting????

The Thais use the same calender as us so the 1st of Jan is the first day of the year. Only the year number is different.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I believe that how it works is that she has to be 18 to sell sex, but the age of consent here for Thai-on-Thai sex is 15, so the penalty for engaging in sex with somebody under the age of 15 is higher for both Thais and non-Thais. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Confusin, maybe i will take next time lady who look more like mama san maybe that keep out of trouble :GoldenSmile1:

It’s 18 for a prostitute unless you can prove she's your girlfriend. As far as the "charged with molesting a child under the age of 15" it probably is a more serious criminal charge than getting caught with a girl 16 - 17 years old hence the "molesting a child" . Hope those guys’ schedules are clear for the next 20 years lol. As far as the girl having a fake I.D. issue and getting out of something like that, probably depends on the mood of the arresting officer, and how much Baht you have. Stay over 20 and you’ll never have to worry.

as in everything BUYER BEWARE

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

The Thais use the same calender as us so the 1st of Jan is the first day of the year. Only the year number is different.

So what is the current year in Thailand then?

Edit - lubbish

Edited by mickba