Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Want to stay in thailand for few months

Hey guys,

CBF researching it all just now.

Just need quick advice.

I plan on arriving in Thailand in July, wanting to stay for 1 - 2 months. More than 30 days defiantly.

Last time i was leaving aus they made me book a return ticket. Now the problem is, i have no idea when i want to return, and if im going to return at all to Aus this year.

The plan is to goto other countries after thailand.

What is my best option? can i apply for a tourist visa and not have to to book a return flight to Aus?

Tone.

Get an Non Immo O visa, i didn't need to book a return air ticket, to get my visa. But if you need to, just choose a return ticket wisely by looking at the terms and conditions, you should be able to find one that will let you change your ticket for free for as far as 6-12 months, or with a small charge.

Cheapest and quckest way is to book a bus ticket to Cambodia or Laos (I've just booked Laos) this will be sufficient for immigration to let you fly! :D

As long as you have a visa you shouldn't need an outward bound ticket, worst comes to the worst just buy online an outward bound ticket from airasia Bangkok to Penang for about 1,000baht then refund it when you get here.

Rooter, I doubt bus tickets and local train tickets from Thailand can be booked in advance online from Australia, although sleeper journeys on trains can now be booked online, no idea of there refund policy though.

The Thai authorities don't seem to check on the outward ticket when you enter at the airport. However, the airline staff do when you check-in for your flight to Thailand and can be very strict. The best way to solve this may be to buy a refundable ticket out of Thailand, print it out and show the check-in staff at the airport. Once you arrive into Thailand you can cancel it and the money will credit back to your credit card account.

why dont you book a return ticket to angeles (clark) from bangkok .. not that expensive with cebu pacific then you get a week maybe in angeles thrown in plus 2 30 day stamps entering thailand.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Rooter, I doubt bus tickets and local train tickets from Thailand can be booked in advance online from Australia, although sleeper journeys on trains can now be booked online, no idea of there refund policy though.

Any travel agent in Oz can book you any scheduled bus or train ticket in Thailand! Done it plenty of times before :GrinNod1:

The Thai authorities don't seem to check on the outward ticket when you enter at the airport. However, the airline staff do when you check-in for your flight to Thailand and can be very strict. The best way to solve this may be to buy a refundable ticket out of Thailand, print it out and show the check-in staff at the airport. Once you arrive into Thailand you can cancel it and the money will credit back to your credit card account.

I have done this in the past. Bought the cheapest fully refundable flight out of Bangkok, (to Hong kong i think) and cashed it in as soon as I arrived.

As I said Rooter, sleeper journeys can be booked online, local journeys cannot.

From thaifocus

Sorry no fares or timetable available for journeys departing Bangkok arriving at: Ayuttaya

Please try departures originating from Bangkok or select another destination.

This is Thailands railway authority main booking online site http://www.thairailwayticket.com/Default.aspx?language=1 you will find they are about 1/3rd of the cost of thaifocus.

Bangkok to Hat Yai by 1st class sleeper 20th July 2009 for 1 person.

Thaifocus 79.72 US Dollars

Thai Railway Lower Berth = 1594/Upper Berth = 1394Baht

Thai focus doesn't state whether it is upper or lower berth, xe.com says 79.72 Dollars is = 2,721.53 THB

Maybe you want to look a bit harder when giving advice, as for booking Nong Khai to Vientiane again it is a local journey which has been running for just 1 or 2 months, being a local journey you have to buy the tickets on the day of the journey, not 90 days in advance as you can do with sleeper trains.

I think the best option is either a multiple entry non-immigrant type-O visa or a cheap Air Asia ticket to Malaysia. The later is the cheapest of the two. The consultes in Perth and Brisbane will give out non-imm visas to any idiot. I may be getting my third one from them next month... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

does anyone know how long u can stay in a 6 or 7 months time? i want to come for 2 or 3 months than go home for a month and come back for 3 months.