IGNORED

What's flying with KLM like?

rugbypark

I'm going with KLM this year from Glasgow to Thailand. I normally go with Emirates ( who, I think, are extremely good), but cos' I got a very good deal at the time, I'm going with the Dutch mob. Anyone know what they're like?

I have used them couple of times from norway and i have nothing to complain about.

Never used Emirates, so i cant compare.

KLM is my favorite. Most of the times i have a good price on the tickets, just, for my next trip i did find a better deal.

It was a difference of over 200 Euro's...

Then, five days later they came up with the deal of wich you can make use now.

This is the first time for me in five years (and my 10th trips to LOS) i use another company (Turkish Airlines).

ONLY the price did descide me not to fly with KLM now. I am stil a happy costomer with KLM and hope to

fly with them again in the future.

About the flights with KLM: nice, smooth flights. The food: good and enough.

Inflight-service: did not have any complains.

Never had any delay with them, in fact, several times arrived sooner both in BKK, and also back into Amsterdam.

And, the best part: you can check-in online and choose your seat in advance.

Compared to Emirates, i don't know. Let us know, wil you ?

Only flown with them once, not the worst airline in the world but not as good as Emirates. No entertaiment system in the back of the seats but this may have changed as it was 3 years ago, they do have the best food of any airline i've used but they also shut the bar for a couple of hours during the flight.

I have flown with KLM a good few times and I think they are OK, but nothing special. Never any delays and the food isn't bad but as already said there is no TV in the back of the the seat that is in front of you so if you can't get some sleep on board your in for a very long and boring flight. Having flown with a few different carriers I think that Qantas are one of the best.

Edited by moc1978

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Only flown them once (Houton to Amsterdam) and never again! I will pay more to avoid using them.Thai Singapore Cathay are my Favourites-Never flown with Emirates but I want to as I've heard they are good- Main bitch with KLM is disorganised attendants and very "tight" with the drinks! :Clap8:

i flew back with klm in april , they are shit , food was really bad ,The flight was overbooked and i was in an exit row and there were people sitting in the jump seat (where the hostesses sit during take off) so i had 2 fuckers staring at me for an 11 hour flight and the little monitor was bearly visable ,lucky i had a book with me for the flight . Ethiad are the best by far I cant think of a single complaint about them , good choice of entertainment , good food , and no problem with as much drink as you want. Id advise taking some sleeping pills mate.

KLM are ok but the economy seat is small & not much recline.

Nice staff & a great Airport in Amsterdam.

No inflight entertainment in the AMS to BKK flight.

Other than that it's just as good as BA for food and service etc.

I have flown with KLM from London to Manila and thought they were poor. Poor service and crap food. It was on time however. Not in the same league as Emirates, Thai, Etihad or Eva.

booked last week fro aberdeen to amsterdam (klm) to bankok with china airlines £490..went same route february, no complaints, great times to into bkk7.30, fly out 2.30 am.. so basically full days when you arrive and leave....bb...

Thanks for the replies.

I have tended over the years to use most of the mid east airlines who are all extremely good and generally cheaper.

KLM this year purely for economics.

Not happy about the drink rule............I always get blitzed!

I used to fly with them to Hong Kong a fair bit and they always had old 747 planes. I am not too sure what they fly to Bangkok but I know that Etihad have a good service.

KLM is ok......I use them in conjunction with Northwest Airline when I am flying back to the states.

I flown on Emirates and Etihad before...both are good...

but I would have to say that Emirates is the best!!!

Edited by quenton79

I have never been impressed with KLM.

The only airline I have flown where even business class was bad.

Then again I probably can care less than most as I sleep most of the way and in that respect most airlines are the same.