IGNORED

Anyone here used Oman Air?

yumster

Just booked to go with Oman Air from Heathrow via Muscat for Christmas & New Year, leaving on 20/12/09 and returning on 05/01/2010. The price was only £550 which is the cheapest by a distance. Has anyone else used them, are they ok??

Cheers

Edited by yumster

Yumster

Oman Air

3-star rating at Skytrax see other 3* airlines here: Klicky

Reviews can be found here: Klicky

Also some reviews here: Klicky

The plane will be a Airbus 330-200 which is chaired 2-4-2 unfortunately not able to find anything on Seatguru.

To be honest, I dun wanna spoil your holidays mate but those reviews are not the best ones. Personally I would see if I could do something to change my flights, ask the travel agent for some special goodwill, if they don't want try talking to a supervisor.

Emirates has flights for about 630 GBP at your times and even cheaper if you’re +/- a few days flexible.

Ethihad goes for 650 GBP at your times also flexibility might make it cheaper.

China Airlines should be arround the same and also Brittish Midland should be arround that prices.

Maybe get some cheapy on Easyjet to Germany and fly from there or try some other country.

Well really theres no offence meant by posting that but the previews would keep me far far away from them. Personally I would rather spend some more cash for my holidays.

Wanna fight against me? Klick: Brutefight against Runabout

Oman Air regularly come out cheapest on the Kayak site, but not by a huge margin and I've not been tempted to book with an unknown quantity. I've noticed on the dates that I was checking that they have long layover times on some legs.

No reports of aircraft going u/s so no reason not to use IMO.

Would use myself if required.

Just booked to go with Oman Air from Heathrow via Muscat for Christmas & New Year, leaving on 20/12/09 and returning on 05/01/2010. The price was only £550 which is the cheapest by a distance. Has anyone else used them, are they ok??

Cheers

flew with them last xmas yumster,old aircraft then but when you go they will have brand new airbuses.i thought they were ok.the airport is small but clean modern with a bar.i might be flying around those dates,can you tell me the airtimes.had a 7 hour layover on the return leg and it was a killer.

I've used them a couple of years ago. Flights were fine, nothing special then again not rubbish. What I disliked was the attitude of the airport staff between flights. They were the least helpful and ignorant I've ever encountered. I assumed it was because of their dislike of Brits. The feeling is now mutual. :GoldenSmile1:

GR.

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.