IGNORED

Amari Orchid

Basie

I'm heading of to Pattaya in a few weeks for the first time, and I was thinking of staying at the Amari Orchid on Beach road, at least for the first week or so. But I was wondering if it's girl friendly? If not can anyone recommend a good 5* hotel which is.

Cheers.

I've found the Amari chain consistently UNfriendly: Boulevard/Watergate/Atrium in BKK and the Orchid in Pattaya. Very rude treatment of all my Thai visitors, including business contacts in suits etc.

The Orchid was much the same when me and the then mia noi stayed for a couple of nights when I was visiting Pattaya on business. Add to that it's a long haul from there to any 'entertainment' venue and the overpriced rooms are nothing special.

But....you'll have no problems at the Marriott; strongly recommended and some very good deals there if you surf around the consolidators.

Good luck!

Yeah I stayed there earlier in the year.

1k for a joiner fee is required per night!

I've found the Amari chain consistently UNfriendly: Boulevard/Watergate/Atrium in BKK and the Orchid in Pattaya. Very rude treatment of all my Thai visitors, including business contacts in suits etc.

The Orchid was much the same when me and the then mia noi stayed for a couple of nights when I was visiting Pattaya on business. Add to that it's a long haul from there to any 'entertainment' venue and the overpriced rooms are nothing special.

But....you'll have no problems at the Marriott; strongly recommended and some very good deals there if you surf around the consolidators.

Good luck!

Can you please confirm that the Marriott is girl friendly with no fee before I book up / thanks

Sorry for the newbie question, but what is a 'joiner fee'?

Hi Basie, if you wish to take a 'friend' back who isn't staying in the room you will be required to pay a joiner fee for that person.

Can you please confirm that the Marriott is girl friendly with no fee before I book up / thanks

Yes the Marriott is girl friendly I stayed there in april but It's not a great hotel, the room I had was 3 star standard at best. There are nicer girl friendly hotels about for less money.

The Amari Nova Suites were Girl friendly when I stayed there last year. They are serviced apartments but a little bit out of the way.

Edited by Jay62

Just checked Amari Coral Beach in Phuket by email.

Reply says joiner fee is 1500 bahts.

So that's a no-no.

Marriott is girlfriendly and without joiner, old rooms without view on a small bulding in the garden, nicer and most rooms with seaview on the main bulding.

Just checked Amari Coral Beach in Phuket by email.

Reply says joiner fee is 1500 bahts.

So that's a no-no.

I will stay in AMARI hotel, only if i am with my wife :D

I would never stay at the amari chain! it is run by a bunch of cunts that think it is acceptable to pay 1000 baht to bring a girl back to the DOUBLE room one has payed for in full.

I urge everyone else to do the same!

(I must confess, I do like Mantra restaurant however!)

" Hate The Sin..Love the Sinner!!"

"God gave man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same timeâ€

I would never stay at the amari chain! it is run by a bunch of cunts that think it is acceptable to pay 1000 baht to bring a girl back to the DOUBLE room one has payed for in full.

I urge everyone else to do the same!

(I must confess, I do like Mantra restaurant however!)

LoL you should have checked that out before hand. Alot of 5 star hotels are like that as they don't want to be seen as part of the sex tourism.

Agreed the Mantra is top class :Flying:

Thanks for the advice. I was going to book a week at the Nova Platinum but with joiner fees @ 1000 baht I'll book elsewhere.

Amari Orchid is a 5 star hotel, joiner fees are to be expected.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.