IGNORED

GPS Unit Recommendations for Thailand Motobiking

el_jefe

For those that have gone outside the city, what type of gps have you used?

City Navigator SE Asia maps seem pretty good, I know Garmin devices can use them, not sure which other GPS devices have City Nav maps.

I use a Garmin GPSMap 60 csx with City Navigator software. It's a handheld and waterproof unit that you can use for hiking as well as road navigation. You can get mounts for motor cycles. The GPS/software works great in Thailand.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 2 weeks later...
I use a Garmin GPSMap 60 csx with City Navigator software. It's a handheld and waterproof unit that you can use for hiking as well as road navigation. You can get mounts for motor cycles. The GPS/software works great in Thailand.

What do people think about where to buy the thai software? from amazon, garmin download or on an SD card or whatever in dtukcom?

I've looked into it a bit and seems much cheaper to buy the unit itself in the west. the 60 csx is $300 USD from Amazon right now.

I just ask the locals where I am

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

I just ask the locals where I am

When you are in Pattaya or outside? or way outside?

Maction does a great unit. They are built in Thailand. Prolly the best MAPS I have seen any where. 9,900 baht.

Don't use one, it gets in the way of the ashtray!

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do!

When all is said and done, more is said than done!

The Garmin Nuvi is pretty good, and i have seen them from about 10K Baht. If you own a Nuvi in Europe or the US already, you might wanna try a free torrent download from the net and just add it. At Panthip copy map software on SD-cards are for sale as well. You cant download them on your Garmin, only works from the SD card. Same might go for the torrent.

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Garmin-MapSour...2f287330d9cb4ba