IGNORED

Transportation to Pattaya (Arriving BKK past Midnight)

georgebud

Gentlemen,

Is it better to spend the rest of the night at hotel close to the airport or get a taxi straight to Pattaya? I know spending the night in Bangkok is an option but I'm not really interested in spending any time in Bangkok. Is it safe to catch a taxi to Pattaya that late?...weather,darkness,sleepy driver etc... Anybody tried this before?

Thanks.

G.

I usually arrive past midnight, taking a taxi is no problem. The only issue I had was one time my taxi broke down and he started calling his friends which I was a little nervous about. It was about 1am and he was pulled off to the side, but when his friend arrived (another taxi) everything was fine and the new guy got me to patts safely.

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Gentlemen,

Is it better to spend the rest of the night at hotel close to the airport or get a taxi straight to Pattaya? I know spending the night in Bangkok is an option but I'm not really interested in spending any time in Bangkok. Is it safe to catch a taxi to Pattaya that late?...weather,darkness,sleepy driver etc... Anybody tried this before?

Thanks.

G.

Go straight to Pattaya , their will be plenty of taxis etc, just make sure the hotel youre staying at is expecting you at 2.00am or whatever time and has someone there to check you in.

I usually arrive past midnight, taking a taxi is no problem. The only issue I had was one time my taxi broke down and he started calling his friends which I was a little nervous about. It was about 1am and he was pulled off to the side, but when his friend arrived (another taxi) everything was fine and the new guy got me to patts safely.

Thanks....did you pre-book or just got a taxi outside the airport? If you pre-booked, do you have the info? I plan to try one of those recommended on the forum unless it's fine to just get it at the airport.

Have always arrived about midnight. Used to go to Bk, but why? Took taxi's from airport

, and had Mr T pick me up. Once had taxi off line get out of airport and have me swich taxi's

no problem. Don't know if 1st car would have made it.

Thanks....did you pre-book or just got a taxi outside the airport? If you pre-booked, do you have the info? I plan to try one of those recommended on the forum unless it's fine to just get it at the airport.

I just take one when I arrive at the airport, but you will save 400baht if you book ahead. I can't recommend one but there are quite a few that are popular with addicts members.

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'ill try addicts members' recommended taxi drivers...if they are no show, I'ill just take one when I arrive at the airport. In the grand scheme of things, 400baht extra is not a big deal.

I'll be more then happy to take care of setting up a pickup for you george. 1,100baht all in to Patts.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'ill try addicts members' recommended taxi drivers...if they are no show, I'ill just take one when I arrive at the airport. In the grand scheme of things, 400baht extra is not a big deal.

Better to book a Pattaya taxi to pick you up as they will know where your hotel is. If you use a Bangkok or airport taxi they could be searching for ages as they will not know Pattaya that well. You'll also get a price up front (as in the post above) and not have to haggle or risk getting ripped off.

GR.

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.

GB: IMO 1100 is a great price & it's from a BM. Your driver will have a cell. Just keep the hotel's # handy when approaching PTY. wj

I have arrived several times around midnight and taken a taxi to Pattaya.

I booked Mr. Tooms before and a few times I've taken taxis that I negotiated a price from the airport.

I would reccommend booking a taxi that many board members use before hand.

Make sure that your hotel is expecting you and you have some written notificatiion

and the address, phone number & directions in Thai to your hotel.

At this time of night safety is the number one priority. This is the critical time, as you have all your money,

credit cards & passport and personal items such as laptop, camare, ipod and other things with you.

Sopaying an extra 400 baht or whatever is no concern. This is the one time that I do not play hard ball with nthe taxi drivers.

My main concern is getting to Patts nans my hotel safely and within a reasonable time frame.

Read the transportation section and use the search function to gather all the information that you can.

I am a big fan of Mr. Toom as well, his driver has always been there for me and I am always on the late United flight from Narita. I have used him 15-20 times.

I for one am not so worried in the LOS about security. Many other countries yes, I'm constantly wary. In Thailand I feel about twice as safe as I do in the States actually. wj

I can also vouch for Mr Toom, last time in BKK arrived midnight, driver was waiting near exit 3 with my name on a sign.

Good quick ride to Patts, will use him again

I'll be more then happy to take care of setting up a pickup for you george. 1,100baht all in to Patts.

Answer your yahoo email Jason! :GoldenSmile1:

Eat. Down. South.

I've used Mr. Toom about 5 times

& his service is exceptional. Always a

new clean taxi & an excellent driver

waiting to take me to Pattaya.

i always arrive arounf midnight.

in the past i spent a couple of days in bkk.

last time i got ripped off by taxi (meter taxi) who charged me 700 baht from airport to nana!!!!

this time, i think i will skip bkk and head direct to pattaya!

i always arrive arounf midnight.

in the past i spent a couple of days in bkk.

last time i got ripped off by taxi (meter taxi) who charged me 700 baht from airport to nana!!!!

this time, i think i will skip bkk and head direct to pattaya!

At BKK (or any airport for that matter), avoid the touts in the terminal, and only take the metered taxis out front of arrivals. You stop at a card table, tell them where you're going, and they write it down in Thai for the driver. Meter plus 50 baht for the service. With tip and tolls - less than 1/2 what you paid. There used to be a bar, "Gilligans Tittie Twister". What a fabulous Pattaya toilet that was. Nude girls and a monkey in diapers throwing shit at you. The owner, Elvis was the greatest. wj

At BKK (or any airport for that matter), avoid the touts in the terminal, and only take the metered taxis out front of arrivals. You stop at a card table, tell them where you're going, and they write it down in Thai for the driver. Meter plus 50 baht for the service. With tip and tolls - less than 1/2 what you paid. There used to be a bar, "Gilligans Tittie Twister". What a fabulous Pattaya toilet that was. Nude girls and a monkey in diapers throwing shit at you. The owner, Elvis was the greatest. wj

every time i arrive, i use the METER TAXI'S. this time (again using a METER TAXI), he got "lost" trying to find soi nana.

every time i arrive, i use the METER TAXI'S. this time (again using a METER TAXI), he got "lost" trying to find soi nana.

Gilligan: Thai men are pathetic. He could've just asked the dispatcher, but no, he'd lose face.. There's a tollway exit 1/4 mile from Nana. It's like driving in NYC and not being able to find 'Times Sq". Never had a problem from BKK. Flagging from the street - that's where you get super incompetent. Always keep the hotels # handy for these idiots. I once had a Viet driver in BKK who didn't speak Thai or English and couldn't read either one. He couldn't find Dom Mueang. We knew the way, but he did the opposite of what we told him about 10 times. I struggled to keep my friend from ripping him apart. We got out in the middle of nowhere, hailed another, and made the flight (barely). He got nada, but lived another day to fuck up some one else's world. I still get steamed thinking about it. wj

All of our drivers now are actually required to do 3 different things to be considered a member of the Dream Team. All drivers have to give us current copies of their insurances and licenses, they are randomly drug tested now, and now we are requiring our new drivers to take a drivers safety course out of BKK.

Add to that all of them are English speaking, none of our vehicles are older then 2007, other then our minivan which is in excellent shape and is a 2006. We do ride alongs with the drivers on occasion to make sure they are doing everything right, and dispatch drivers that are familiar with the pickup and dropoff areas, ie BKK drivers for a BKK dropoff from the airport, and Pattaya drivers for Patts, even Hua Hin and Korat and Kanchanaburi drivers.

The thing that makes many people feel safer about our service over most companies, is you not only have my contact information, but your drivers contact info as well. So before you ever get on your plane, you usually know your drivers name and phone number. If you email us your hotel destination, our drivers are given the numbers by us, and we verify the location for any unfamiliar hotel. The majority of our drivers though, you can just give your hotel name to on pickup,and they will shoot you straight there.

Another Surprise is coming for the pricing so be sure to watch for that post as well!!!! This will make us the cheapest licensed transport company around!!!!

I usually arrive BA from sydney at 10.45pm. Used to just get a taxi to Patts and snooze on the way. Caught 2 drivers falling asleep. Both told me after i abused them that they had started work early in the morning..long day. Now just go to BKK for the night and ring a regular BKK taxi i have been using for couple years now. Feel safer and 1 night in BKK deos not hurt cause i can be out on the town by 11.45pm.

I am a big fan of Mr. Toom as well, his driver has always been there for me and I am always on the late United flight from Narita. I have used him 15-20 times.

Another vote from me for Mr Toom. A bonus is that being based in Bangkok, and also having Pattaya contacts, he can hook you up at short notice. He was invaluable on a couple of occasions ( '06 coup and recent airport closure) when he arranged very short-notice transport and additional advice on the 'state of play' in Bangkok.

Some cute lady drivers too !

Mr. Toom is good

Public Taxi stand gives receipt so no need to worry.

Oh yeah ... why would you want stay at A/P hotel?

It is is only less than two hours - sleep and it's less!

S C

Another vote from me for Mr Toom. A bonus is that being based in Bangkok, and also having Pattaya contacts, he can hook you up at short notice. He was invaluable on a couple of occasions ( '06 coup and recent airport closure) when he arranged very short-notice transport and additional advice on the 'state of play' in Bangkok.

Some cute lady drivers too !

Same Same here based in BKK as well. Only our lady drivers, wear schoolgirl uniforms :) And our pickups start for BM's at 1100baht all in, including all tolls, complimentary bottled water, or choice of other beverage if requested in emails.