Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Suites Hotel

glenjean

This hotel review is a bit late, none the less it may give some BM's an insight to what this hotel is like.

I stayed here in April 2009 for 9 days.

I had read about this hotel and thought that I would have a look, as this hotel met my requirements.

1. Location... It is almost at the corner of 2nd Road and central road (aka as Pattaya Klang).. from this location you are almost in the center of Pattaya,

easily assesible to the North Pattaya area and to South Pattaya and Soi Bouakow/Soi Diana Area. You feel close to everything and baht buses are within a 1 or 2 minute walk from the front door of the hotel.

There is a gricery store and 7 eleven type store 1 or 2 minutes walk from the front door of the hotel. There is a huge fruit and vegetable market 2 mintues walk from the hotel.

2. Quiet at night...there are no major bars in the immediate 100meters or so all around, no bands or loud music, you do not hear the street noise, no loud motorcycles, car or street noise.

3. Security... At the corner of central road and the short street leading to the hotel aproximately 50 meters are the BIB at a desk, so no one can get to the hpotel without passing the BIB.

4. Rate/Price of a room...I walked in off the street cold... not knowing anyone there or being reccommended by anyone and after seeing a standard room and the facilities. I negotiated a price of 1750B.

This was a decent price for what I was getting (listed below), plus I negotiated a poolside pool view room.

Standard rooms are 40m, big shower room.

Free high speed wi fi.

No joiner fees

http://www.augustsuites.com/

24-hour reception

Restaurant & Cafe..... Breakfast was adequate, a basic breakfast, 2 eggs, sasuage or bacon, no potatoes, toast ( which always came late and cold) and service was slow.

Concierge

Daily continental breakfast

Laundry & dry cleaning services... The hotel had them, however I walked down thje street and found a cheaper, quicker laundry, 2 mintues away.

Pool Bar

Daily/weekly maid service.. the maids did a good job and I requested and got an additional towel each day at no extra charge. I also got 2 big towels to go to the beach at no extra charge.

Basement carpark... I had no need for this service.

Fitness center......................This was what I really liked

Swimming pool & Jacuzzi......This was a requirement of mine also.

Sauna.... Nice as I used this a few times.

Snooker room

Lobby bar

Private Balcony.................... with 2 chairs and a small table.. nice to sit and look at the pool in the early or late evening hours.

Bathroom with towels & toiletries

In-room broadband Internet access

Public area Wi-Fi Internet access

2 complimentary bottles of drinking water daily

Refrigerator..... ................... I liked the fact there was not any hotel items already stocked ...I went to the store and brought all the items that I wanted.

29” flat screen Television with satellite channels

air-conditioning

Telephone

Water heater

24-hour security

Closed-circuit TV surveillance

Electronic key card access

In-room electronic safe

Fire safety: Heat/smoke detectors, Fire escape

Mr. Paul (a Cambodian ) was like the assistant manager and spoke excellent English, he helped me and was professional, courteous, knowledgable and nice. He did not have the power to go below 1850 bahat per night, so I had to speak to a Chinese thai lady ( the manager) ho I negotiated the 1750 B rate with.

The hotel is brand new and clean and fresh, it was only about 35% occupancy so they wanted my business and I felt that they were trying to make my stay enjoyable.

New hotels always have problems of some nature, such as slow service in the resturant, food not as hot as I like my meals to be. My toilet had a problem flushing the commode. I had to change rooms, things like this, which i totally expected.

Over all it was great value. I would stay there again and if it was low season I beleive that a person could get a standard room for 1400B or more likely 1500B per night.

Sounds great & thanks for your report.

Any new pics to show us the above ??????

Website mentions joiner fee. Did you have to pay?

Website mentions joiner fee. Did you have to pay?

Bugger...things were looking good until I scrolled down to that bit. If it's on the website, I can't imagine them overlooking the matter easily.

It's probs another one of those third party joiner fees jobs. Great review though.