IGNORED

CHEAP AIRFARE FROM THE STATES

Naja Tom

I am planning my trip at the end of June for a couple weeks. It appears that I will be in Pattaya with my GF as that is where she is studying yoga. But I am also looking for the cheapest ticket on a decent airline. I have gotten prices around $1500 RT from the east coast here in the states. I know of a few sites like Best Travel Service, which has some pretty good prices, and Thaifly, which is a little cheaper but I am not sure I like their site yet. I need to talk to them on the phone. Anyone got any other sites they use here in the states that they do real with, or a consolidator?

Also, two Thai lady friends have told me they were able to purchase a ticket on Thai good for a whole year and they could fly whenever they wanted multiple times. One lives in Japan and is now in Thailand and the other lives in New Jersey and her US hubby bought them tickets for $1800 each. I have a hell of a time getting the Thai Airlines phone system to work as it seems not to work most of the time. Anyone heard of this ticket with Thai? Be a great deal if it is truly something they have.

The best I can tell you is try some online sites such as orbitz.com, cheaptickets.com, etc.

I live on the east coast and orbitz has been the cheapest for me.

You are best off booking directly with the airline. Almost all have "best price" guarantees and will match the prices you find on the Net. In any casse, consolidators and bucket shops seldom offer big bargains any longer. My sister learned the hard way about the down side of consolidators. She saved $25 compared to direct pirchase from the airline, but was then stuck with a ticket that couldn't be changed under any circumstances, even a death in the family.

The airline would have altered the travel dates or refunded the purchase price even if it was a highly restricted ticket, but not the consolidator. The airline said any changes had to come from the consolidator, who absolutely refused to consider any changes on compassionate grounds. To be able to attend our mother's funeral, she had to kiss good-bye to a $550 ticket and spend another $600 on a new ticket. Bummer.

Evil

:Evil_Grin:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

try looking at skyauction.com or if you have miles with Northwest or one there partners $668 from east coast plus 20,000 look on specials on Northwest web site

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Orbitz can be good. Also, check the United website, as they sometimes have online specials. Same with Northwest.

Rex

Thanks for the help. I have checked lots of sites. Orbitz is okay but not too great right now. I have figured out that the reason the prices are higher at the end of June is because....IT'S SUMMER TRAVEL TIME HERE IN THE US!!! So prices are going to be higher, which sucks. I have so far found the cheapest on flythai.com and BestTravelStore.com. They are about $100 apart. Problem is Thaifly does not let you see the flight times and other info I'd like to see before I commit to a purchase so I will be calling them Monday to find out if I can access that information.

But if anyone else has some good site suggestions, let me know. Maybe somewhere we can get a list of websites for members to check out.

As for the airlines themselves, I have not seen ANY cheap tickets right now for that time of the year. But I will look a little more and purchase by Tues. or Wed before prices go up anymore.

asia.com will give you some ball park figures to compare against orbitz.

i check those sites, and call up my sister who is a travel agent, and she books me the flight when the prices on orbitz drop, and i pay the 250 upgrade on EVA to evergreen class, which gives me the buinsess class seat, in the economy section. not jammed into a tight row, have lots of leg and shoulder room.

i know EVA does a new york to bangkok run, i believe it stops in seattle, then taipei, and finally bangkok. long trip, but decent price, and that upgrade to evergreen is WELL worth it imho.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

check out www.skyauction.com you bid on tickets, they are good from US and Canada!

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

there was a offer from UA ,in the travel sec of the chicago tribune today, for 900 best price I have seen in a while.. i have found deals in the past from consoldateers on jal.. keep looking..

What you also have to sure about is that you are comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges on the various sites. Many don't include some taxes or fees until the very last step. Or they will say the ticket isn't available at that price, but will suggest a higher priced ticket. All in all, you're better off buying directly from the airlines' Web sites in most cases.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i use this site http://www.usaasiatravel.com/ i just ask for a ticket that can be changed and always get one that can be changed for free dependind on the day you travel weekend and so on but you need to call the number cant book online .most tickets can be used to get miles have used them for a few years and never had a problem always cheaper then the travel sites ive found hope it helps

Kayak is a great site for planning,they willl email you daily if a flight is available for your price/time parameters.

Best prices ive found end up right from the airlines site.

Agree prices are on the way up.Booked the United Dulles to BKK in March for $880 all in , now for my Oct trip i'm looking at $1,200. Funny how a couple hundred didn't matter on my newbie trip.But now everthings calculated in ST/LT/BF.

/Bill

Thailand ? Go ahead, Ruin your Life.

Kayak is a great site for planning,they willl email you daily if a flight is available for your price/time parameters.

Best prices ive found end up right from the airlines site.

Agree prices are on the way up.Booked the United Dulles to BKK in March for $880 all in , now for my Oct trip i'm looking at $1,200. Funny how a couple hundred didn't matter on my newbie trip.But now everthings calculated in ST/LT/BF.

/Bill

I have bad news if your trying to save money this summer to fly to Thailand.I bought my airfare 45 days ago and paid $1126 from LosAngles in July. That same ticket in March was $809 from Chicago where I live .Also just wanted to say hi to all you guys ,I've enjoyed some of your post,The gent who craves ladyboys made me almost piss my self,and some of your replys.ALL THAT PUSSY IN PATTAYA AND YOU WANT DICK.To each his own and if it leaves a smile on your face.I will be at the Secerts hotel 7/10. One week of partying before the wife flys out.

I'm taking off on June 28th through July 12th, and I found tickets for $1248. Basically, The best advice I can give is to shop around. But, instead of looking at the quotes and moving on to the next website, actually call the number and talk to someone. Its amazing that by taking that extra action you can get tickets at wholesale prices. Also take into account that these places all beat any quote that you give them, so continuously mention previous best rates and bargain.

Good Luck!

Two places that I have used with success. They have beat any of the big websites. I believe both are consolidators. I bought my ticket at Himalayan this time for the end of this month. ORD-BKK-ORD $1055.

Angel Travel

Established: January 1985

Active member: ARC, IATAN, ASTA, CLIA

Specialized destinations: Orient, Asia, Southeast Asia, Indochina, India,

Africa, Europe, and Middle East.

Mailing address: 8249 Aster, Tinley Park IL 60487

Walk in office: 4727 N Clark Chicago IL 60640

Tel: (708) 532-4500, Fax: (708) 532-4040 Toll Free: 1-800-922-1092,

Email: [email protected]

www.angeltravel.com

Our uniqueness: We are the full service agency that only use internet booking to give you more information about what we have. Each booking will be monitored and made by our agents, one by one. We look at each request and select the best available flight and routing for our passengers

Himalayan Travel and Tours

Himalayan International Tours

126 Madison Avenue, 2nd Floor

New York, New York 10016

Phone: (212) 564-5164

(800) 421-8975

Fax: (212) 564-2188

Email: [email protected]

www.himalayantours.com

EVA also has an awesome sale from Seattle-BKK-Seattle for $800 odd dollars. Their upgrade to Evergreen Delux is only a couple of hundred more.

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/English/dea...tion_sea_041802

Edited by Organic

Thanks for all the help. I did a lot of searching and found the best price at Best Travel Store. Got my electronic ticket and got my AA confirmation, called AA and made sure I had all Aisle seats. But I will keep some of these other sites in mind. The one thing that raises the cost for me is I am flying out of Raleigh, NC and that makes it higher. Even a good rate from the west coast or Chicago will cost me about as much to get there buying the extra ticket. I paid about $1450 on Am Airlines, one of my favorites anyway, and that was the cheapest I could find. I go RDU-ORD-NRT-BKK and same way back leaving June 28 and return July 15. Never long enough. And now my Thai GF tells me she wants to leave Pattaya at the end of May and go live with her aunt in BKK to continue her yoga studies there so she can have access to more different classes. And here I thought I'd have two weeks in Pattaya to check it out better after she crashed early at night from her yoga.

But never fear, I shall give BKK the best I can when I have free time!!!! She will be living with me while I am there but I suspect she will be sleeping early some nights thus leaving me free to prowl....or when she as at class during the day I just can't sit in the hotel room!!!