IGNORED

One Kilogramme of Thai Lychees For Everyone Coming to Thailand!

LaaMok

‘FRUITFUL’ VISITORS’ WELCOME CAMPAIGN AT SUVARNABHUMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

The Kingdom of Thailand will be launching its ‘Fruitful’ Visitors’ Welcome Campaign at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on May 28, 2009. During the campaign period from now through to 6 June, the Thai kingdom warmly welcomes visitors to Thailand with a special gift of Thai fruit. Incoming visitors will each be presented with one kilogramme of Thai lychees.

FREE FRUIT FROM TAT

Will they be presented to the visitors by a ladyboy? cause that would be kind of fitting >.<

Too bad I arrive on June 7th.

I think Thailand should make this a permanent action.

I will arrive on octobre 17th.

บินวา

this time of year you can buy 3 kilos for 50 baht off the back of a pickup, so not such a big deal

well... the thing is there will be a lot of ppl coming in this period of time... so if you calculate it up... its a whole lof of money...

i think its a nice move... maybe it wont help much, but the ppl who are actually arriving about this time and like lychees will be glad anyway :Laugh1:

this time of year you can buy 3 kilos for 50 baht off the back of a pickup, so not such a big deal

Still a great gesture... Don't know of any coutry giving a gift worth a cent to all tourists...

A Thai guy at work today told me they were doing it because the farmers can't sell them up north and started complaining to the govt after they began to throw them away. So the govt has now bought all their stock and are giving it away for free at the airport.

I like lychees :D

Edited by noodles

Still a great gesture... Don't know of any coutry giving a gift worth a cent to all tourists...

Haven't heard of any airport shutting down recently with so many people stranded either. I am sure all the multinational companies and stockholders that had their manufacturing disrupted would also like to have a bag of fruit.

Maybe they can afford to give out a few satang worth of fruit that can't be sold since they plan on raising the airport fees for import/export

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/05/29...ss_30103873.php

AOT wants to hike free-zone fees

Airports of Thailand plans to talk with Thai traders about increasing its service fees at the Suvarnabhumi Airport Free Zone in order to boost revenue.

Acting AOT president Somchai Sawasdiphol said yesterday that the company was considering raising the fees after bringing its IT system in line with the IT system of the Customs Department, which will provide traders with greater logistical convenience.

AOT has generated relatively little revenue from its free-zone service fees, while its expenses include the hiring of Thai Airport Ground Services to manage the zone. - The Nation

Not a bad gesture at all .. can't knock it, but Singapore is returning all sales tax to tourists who shop in the country .. that'll work out to hundreds of thousands.

Anyone shopping out there, can claim all the taxes from anything they purchased on their vacation.

Edited by kanuck

Not a bad gesture at all .. can't knock it, but Singapore is returning all sales tax to tourists who shop in the country .. that'll work out to hundreds of thousands.

Anyone shopping out there, can claim all the taxes from anything they purchased on their vacation.

Good idea for Singapore. Thailand has had the 'VAT refund for tourists' for years but I am not sure how easy it is to claim.

I arrived in Bangkok on May 30th and there was no fruit, veggies, thai girls or ladyboys welcoming me at the airport. Think this promotion might not be for real. Although I wouldn't plan a vacation to Thailand just for free fruit.

I arrived in Bangkok on May 30th and there was no fruit, veggies, thai girls or ladyboys welcoming me at the airport. Think this promotion might not be for real. Although I wouldn't plan a vacation to Thailand just for free fruit.

Maybe they ran out of free lychees that day... or the TAT ladyboys ate them all and then went home... :LMAO1:

Great joke. I picked up a friend on 29th. No fruits. And the TAT-counter guy out for a break, so had to wait 10 minutes for him. And still no fruits, 555

Good idea for Singapore. Thailand has had the 'VAT refund for tourists' for years but I am not sure how easy it is to claim.

VAT refunds are pretty easy as long as you dont forget to get your good inspected BEFORE immigration process and get refund AFTER immigration process.

Sounds like scam to me, but thats what it is. I just lost my VAT refund, coz I forgot to get my goods inspected.