IGNORED

1st case of Swine Flu confirmed in thailand

mikey1313

look up your thailand news links to read more.....

actually its the 3rd case

here is a report

INFLUENZA A(H1N1)

Bangkok has third case of Influenza

By Pongphon Sarnsamak

The Nation

Thailand on Saturday said it had its third infected case of the Influenza 2009 which hit at least 48 countries worldwide.

Ads by Google

Brisbane-Bangkok flight

Malaysia Airlines Special Sale Return Fare From AUD994. Book now!

www.malaysiaairlines.com/Bangkok

Dr Prat Boonyawongvirot, Public Health Ministry's permanent secretary, said that a 50-year-old Thai woman was tested positive for the flu after visiting the United States for ten days with her family.

The woman whose identify was kept confidential developed high fever on May 24 while she was still in the US. She arrived Bangkok on May 26 and asked for medical treatment on the same day in a Bangkok hospital.

Dr Prat said her samples were sent to test at Siriraj and Chulalongkorn hospitals and Department of Medical Science. The results of the lab test released on Saturday showed that she had the influenza.

The virus that has sickened more than 13,000 people in 48 countries and been linked to more than a 100 deaths worldwide.

She was already given Oseltamivir to treat the flu on May 27 and was allowed to go home. Passengers on her flight and her family were under observation as preventive measures.

Prat said the infected woman has now no flu but still has cough. Thailand had its first two cases of the influenza earlier this month. They had already recovered.

i stand corrected......thanks it's good to know that the world is prepared and people are recovering...

My company Sanofi Pasteur received the seed virus on May 24, 2009 and is optimizing the virus for production as we speak. We already received a contract for 190 million from the US government to produce it. Don't worry JonnyLongStroke is on the job and a vaccine will be available probably late August/September. Don’t fret about it, I have inside info on this strain it not any worse then the other common strains, but hold potential to mutate and become more virulent but probably won’t. Be more concerned about hepatitis C and hiv as you are many thousand times more likely to contract those in Thailand.

Edited by JonnyLongStroke

Don't worry JonnyLongStroke is on the job

:Whistle::LMAO1: :LMAO1: I'm sorry, but I read this and I started laughing to myself.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

That was the intent. :Laugh1: