IGNORED

I have hepatitis B

egyptbeef

Just got diagnosed with Hep B today, gutted! No idea where it came from.

Anyhow, does anyone know what the actual chances are of infecting someone else through just kissing are? As this is a way to transmit it.

I am sure mine is just an acute case and i will be clear within the next six months, but i dont really want to pass it on!

Cheers

From www.hepb.org

Hepatitis B is transmitted through blood and infected bodily fluids. This can occur through:

direct blood-to-blood contact

unprotected sex

unsterile needles

from an infected woman to her newborn during the delivery process.

Other possible routes of infection include sharing sharp instruments such as razors, toothbrushes or earrings. Body piercing, tattooing and acupuncture are also possible routes of infection unless sterile needles are used

Hepatitis B is NOT transmitted casually.

It cannot be spread through sneezing, coughing, hugging or eating food prepared by someone who is infected with hepatitis B. Everyone is at some risk for a hepatitis B infection, but some groups are at higher risk because of their occupation or life choices.

For more visit their website

msg-16802-1244750478.jpg

How to resize your Photo's

I live my life like I type. Fast and with a lot of mistakes. ©

Shoot me an Email

I am sure mine is just an acute case and i will be clear within the next six months, but i dont really want to pass it on!

Pretty sure it's for life?

Edit: Nope I am wrong thank God or is that thank doG?

Hepatitis B is the most common serious liver infection in the world. It is caused by the

hepatitis B virus (HBV) that attacks liver cells and can lead to liver failure, cirrhosis

(scarring) or cancer of the liver. The virus is transmitted through contact with blood and

bodily fluids that contain blood.

Most people are able to fight off an hepatitis B infection and clear the virus from their

blood. This may take up to six months. While the virus is present in their blood, infected people can

pass the virus on to others.

Approximately 5-10% of adults, 30-50% of children, and 90% of babies will not get rid of the virus and

will develop chronic infection. Chronically infected people can pass the virus on to others and are at

increased risk for liver problems later in life.

The hepatitis B virus is 100 times more infectious than the AIDS virus. Yet, hepatitis B can be prevented

with a safe and effective vaccine. For the 400 million people worldwide who are chronically

infected with hepatitis B the vaccine is of no use. However, there are promising new treatments for

those who live with chronic hepatitis B.

Edited by Busta Hymen

Am I worthy of being a Soi Prisoner you tell me?

Zero to Hero

Mmm... this is a highly suspicious first post. You are also flying an Afghani flag when posting from the UK which compounds that suspicion..Any more info that might alleviate my suspicions?

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Mmm... this is a highly suspicious first post. You are also flying an Afghani flag when posting from the UK which compounds that suspicion..Any more info that might alleviate my suspicions?

Well Alley if I am know here I would hardly want to come out and say I have Hep B to everyone so maybe he just grabbed a new account? An admin should be able to track IP's ... see who it is :Whistle:

Am I worthy of being a Soi Prisoner you tell me?

Zero to Hero

The first question we should be asking is

"Why did you not get all your jabs"

Anyone with a bit of common sense knows if you come to a tropical country you find out what inoculations you require. The best thing is if you had gone to your local health centre you would have gotten your jabs free....FREE.

The first question we should be asking is

"Why did you not get all your jabs"

Anyone with a bit of common sense knows if you come to a tropical country you find out what inoculations you require. The best thing is if you had gone to your local health centre you would have gotten your jabs free....FREE.

In the England you have to pay for Herp Jab.

In the England you have to pay for Herp Jab.

i recently went to the docs for hep a, hep b, typhoid, and tetanus jabs. Didnt pay a penny... Im in England too. the only one i had to pay for was yellow fever.

Anyhow, does anyone know what the actual chances are of infecting someone else through just kissing are? As this is a way to transmit it.

Cheers

from webmd.com:

What causes hepatitis B?

Hepatitis B is caused by the hepatitis B virus. It is spread through contact with the blood and body fluids of an infected person.

You may get hepatitis B if you:

Have sex with an infected person without using a condom.

Share needles (used for injecting drugs) with an infected person.

Get a tattoo or piercing with tools that were not cleaned well.

Share personal items like razors or toothbrushes with an infected person.

A mother who has the virus can pass it to her baby during delivery. If you are pregnant and think you may have been exposed to hepatitis B, get tested. If you have the virus, your baby can get shots to help prevent infection with the virus.

You CANNOT get hepatitis B from casual contact such as hugging, kissing, sneezing, coughing, or sharing food or drinks.

also, since it is a liver disease alcohol and acetaminofen are not a wise idea for the time being.

oops! sorry, i guess i just pretty much repeated what jameson already said.

Edited by deadwood

Just a note : I always put my toothbrush and RAzor away , and make sure I have some of the disposable hotel ones for the girls . there have been a few ocasions where I found the girls using my tootbrush !

Cheers

Can you feel it or what, how did you know that you were sick ?

Oh, i just couldn't be bothered scrolling down the list to get to Scotland to be honest!

Not that posting about Hep B is suspicious is it!?

Anyhow, cheers for any of the info.

And for the records, i was really just ignorant to Hep before i came to Thailand, i actually didnt know about jabs or any preventions. Infact i didnt really know what it was until i got that phonecall today..

So live and learn i guess but i didnt get any warning from my parents or anyone, and im just a wee ignorant lad!

Oh, i just couldn't be bothered scrolling down the list to get to Scotland to be honest!

Not that posting about Hep B is suspicious is it!?

Anyhow, cheers for any of the info.

And for the records, i was really just ignorant to Hep before i came to Thailand, i actually didnt know about jabs or any preventions. Infact i didnt really know what it was until i got that phonecall today..

So live and learn i guess but i didnt get any warning from my parents or anyone, and im just a wee ignorant lad!

Are u sure? Did your doctor say that you have been in contact with Hep B or that your a acute carrier? Its possible that you have had the injections as a child especially if your from USA or ever been in the Military.

Ive had the vaccination and every time I see the doctor he tells me that at some point ive been in contact with Hep B but he deosnt say weather Its from prior vaccination or from a case of it and it passed. Ask him again if your are a active carrier or just have had contact with Hep B?

I would dig further and have him explain to you more accurately what he is saying.

Ask him to clarify....Are u a Chronic Carrier, Acute Carrier or just show that you had the Hep B vaccicen???

Edited by SlickMonkey

Can you feel it or what, how did you know that you were sick ?

No not at all, theres been no symptoms. I actually just went to get tested at the clinic for everything, i had unprotected sex with a girl in Scotland and though that she might have the clap or something..

I presume she gave me it, or maybe when a condom split in Thailand. But it is very contagious, and kissing can spread it apparently, although i dont know how high the chances of that are.

I am getting more tests on monday to see if it is chronic or acute, i presume its acute myself.

I presume that since i got blood tests at the clininc that i am definatly a carrier, but it hasnt been determined whether its chronic or acute yet.

Edited by egyptbeef

Looking at the original post, the question is whether Hep B can be passed by kissing. It depends on your definition of “kissing”. In the articles quoted, “kissing” is not deep or “French kissing” The virus is carried in bodily fluids, including saliva. In a deep kissing or oral sex situation, Hep B can be passed (also in other types of sex that pass bodily fluids). To wit, look at the quote. It places “kissing” in the same category as “hugging”. Basically, it’s ok to kiss your Auntie Mae on the cheek (casual contact); but sticking your tongue down someone’s throat is more than that. The same is true for oral sex. Prevent the exchange of bodily fluids until you are thoroughly clear of this infection. Do what your doctor says and you should be fine. The blood tests will show your progress and when you are clear.

And get vaccinated for Hep A. Your blood tests will also show if you have gained immunity for Hep B.

Boys, get your Hep A & B vaccinations (and others, as some have mentioned)!

Are u sure? Did your doctor say that you have been in contact with Hep B or that your a acute carrier? Its possible that you have had the injections as a child especially if your from USA or ever been in the Military.

Ive had the vaccination and every time I see the doctor he tells me that at some point ive been in contact with Hep B but he deosnt say weather Its from prior vaccination or from a case of it and it passed. Ask him again if your are a active carrier or just have had contact with Hep B?

I would dig further and have him explain to you more accurately what he is saying.

Ask him to clarify....Are u a Chronic Carrier, Acute Carrier or just show that you had the Hep B vaccicen???

SlickMonkey has a good point. The confusion comes from the complexity of the blood test results. The blood is tested for several markers (and a separate test for DNA). The combination of pos/neg tells whether the subject has had contact, been infected, currently infected, recovering and immunity. A cursory look at marker results can be misleading, even for some doctors. But the totality of the tests should be definitive.

I presume when i go and see them on Monday they will explain in more detail what the results actually mean as today they literally just said that i have hep b. and obviously i need further tests.

But just as a warning lads, go and get the vaccinations! It didnt really cross my mind, im sure a lot of other let it slip their mind too.

Although i think i will be fine, its not worth getting the needles in the arm and the worrying about your liver.

At least i have a cracking excuse to stop drinking and lose some weight though.

I had the Heb B vaccine after my stupid girlfriend told me she had Hep B. Said she didn't even know it could be transmitted through sex. She was hot, but f'n stupid as they come.

Doc said I was a-OK and I got the vaccine, but I am curious what a test would show now, years later.

I had the Heb B vaccine after my stupid girlfriend told me she had Hep B. Said she didn't even know it could be transmitted through sex. She was hot, but f'n stupid as they come.

Wasn't blonde by any chance was she.

Al.

A buddy of mine couldn't get his gf here because of her testing positive for hep B.

I am thinking what a shame. Not as much for her, but for him. He is way too young to develop a disease such as this.

All the more reason to glove up huh?

Thanks for the info fellas

The first commercially available Hep B vaccine was available in the USA in 1982 but the one used now was launched in 1989.

The OP is from the UK where the Hep B vaccines is not on the list of standard childhood vaccines - in the UK it is only usually given to those in high risk groups. Most others have to pay but as one poster above pointed out some Dr's will not charge you - some will argue you are in a high risk group as you are travelling to Thailand.

In Thailand the Hep B vaccination is the first on the childhood schedule and the babies get it at birth. This is because Hep B is endemic in Thailand with one of the highest of carriers in the world.

There are two Hep B vaccines available.

You can also get a combined Hep B and Hep A vaccine called Twinrix

If you are in the P4P scene you really need to have your Hep B vaccination - its for life now as ongoing clinical trials are showing.

I have to declare and interest here though - I work in vaccines.

Wasn't blonde by any chance was she.

Al.

lol, no, not normally. She was a Chinese gal who put blond streaks in her hair, so that counts, I guess. A drop dead gorgeous girl, but so lacking in common sense that I couldn't stand being around her anymore.

We had intercourse a few times before she told me, once without a condom. Brilliantly, I figured I would just pull out. Thank God nothing happened. Got the vaccine and dumped her ass.

• 9 months later...

hey slick monkey i was in the us navy and trying to find my immunization cards to see if i had hep a and b shots are you saying that if you were in the military you automatically got these i remember getting a shit load of shots but don't know what half of them were

hey slick monkey i was in the us navy and trying to find my immunization cards to see if i had hep a and b shots are you saying that if you were in the military you automatically got these i remember getting a shit load of shots but don't know what half of them were

If you served in the US military as recently as 1990, the the HEP A and HEP B shots were required (no shot available for HEP C). If you served before 1990, then I don't know.