IGNORED

Why is it that each trip to LOS I get diarrhoea ?

glenjean

What is it or why is it that eevery time I am in LOS I get a case of diarhea ?

I don't eat off the street very often and when I do I make sure that my food (mostly chicken or meat on a stick is cooked well done).

I eat at well established resturants or well patronized resturants and still it happes.

What's the best medicine to take? Thanks.

I don't eat off the street very often and when I do I make sure that my food (mostly chicken or meat on a stick is cooked well done).

I eat at well established resturants or well patronized resturants and still it happes.

used to happen to me every time dont take hot showers steam from bad water will make you sick everytime

Do you mean when you are really sick and it coming out of both ends. Is this what you are talking about or just runny shit? If just runny shit then I think it is normal, even Thai people have this, the girls always say 'Port Tong' or my stomach hurts.

I have only gotten sick twice, once from KFC in Bangkok and another time on farang breakfast at a hotel in Udon Thani. So it is hard to judge the places you eat. all i can say the more people eating at the place the better

I find eating where Thais eat is the safest bet,

I have never (YET???) got sick off food from street vendor,(Thai food)

Only time i get sick is when eating Wesern food,

Street vendors i use barbecue every thing, so it is cooked so well it has not made me sick yet.

Every time i have a mate that is finicky, they always end up sick

It is quite normal that your stool will change to some degree when visiting other parts of the world, Asia in particular.

In most cases it has nothing to do will food poisoning or for that matter being ill in any way.

It is simply that you systems is being exposed to bacterias that it is not used to and it consequently reacts.

Again it is not good restaurants vs street food, but simply that you are exposed to bacterias that the Thais are used to.

If you are not sick you may try Imodium, which for most should do the trick.

Be mindful, however, that Imodium can cause some level of dehydration, so plenty of fluid intake is important.

Personally I try not to use Imodium, but once every two or three trips I take it for a day or two.

It is quite normal that your stool will change to some degree when visiting other parts of the world, Asia in particular.

In most cases it has nothing to do will food poisoning or for that matter being ill in any way.

It is simply that you systems is being exposed to bacterias that it is not used to and it consequently reacts.

Again it is not good restaurants vs street food, but simply that you are exposed to bacterias that the Thais are used to.

This is likely the reason. You can prepare for your trip by eating "live" yoghurt for around 7-10 days prior to your trip and top up with a small bottle of Yakult (found in every 7-11) whilst you are here.

if your in the UK buy some Acidophillus capsules from holland and Barrett heath food shop.....basically they are whats in yakult etc (which are virtually useless) but 50 times stronger......they are good bacteria and should be taken a month before travel and 2 weeks after return..this will certainly minimise your stomach upset while in thailand..price less than £10 for 100 capsules

If you do not want to start will all the pills, simply eat more coconut, it can be found everywhere in Pattaya and costs almost nothing, although do not over do it or it might have the reverse affect

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

If you do not want to start will all the pills, simply eat more coconut, it can be found everywhere in Pattaya and costs almost nothing, although do not over do it or it might have the reverse affect

reverse or opposite?

maybe the ladyboyz are dropping their load in you. well, I don't know but I heard it works as a enema.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people are more sensitive to the hot spicy food and local water supply than others. Brush you teeth with bottles water and only drink canned or bottled Liquid and see what happens.

FYI large amounts of coconut and coconut milk acts as a laxative.

Edited by JonnyLongStroke

Good medicine here is called "Immodium Instant",

little tablet that melts on your thongue, works almost instant

Take a packet of 'Bisto' out with you...

It browns and thickens all in one go :D

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

wash your hands before eating is a must

basic food hygiene

plus handling money is dirty,pass from one person to the next

had same prob in eygpt ,got sick from dirty money

was told to wash hands ,drink bottle water

but yes i would say you are exsposed to new bugs there

shock to the systym

imodium is good ,used in the army for holding up in dugout/hide ,spy on people

not want to be going to toilet on the job

they do bung you up

basic hygiene is all you need ,stop the bugs getting in

in the first place

it can spoil your holiday thou

the smell is not so good ,in the heat,if dirty your self

in the taxi or on the plane

thai girl will take care if it happens

they still smile ,when all gone wrong

dont you just love um

eventually you can't avoid it,

if youre body is sensitive to it, you'll get it...

i brush my teeth with water from tap everytime, i don't use bottled water... never got any probs here

OK shit for 2 or 3 days & then take Norafloxin 400 mg one tab Morning & one tab Evening with food.

This will kill the bad Bacteria or possion in the guts.

Drink loads of water & dehydration drinks.

Jet lag can cause Diarhea or just the air or change of food.

The air con can fuck you up also.

Imoduim is ok after a few days but do not take strait away as you need to get the shit out & any Bacteria.

Take care mate.

:P