IGNORED

My first attempt at writing an email to a TG

MintyCock

Hopefully you guys will understand it otherwise I'll post in the translation below

Sorry uploaded it as a jpeg as it didnt display correctly as text.

Thai_letter.JPG

Edited by MintyCock

I am waiting :D

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

So what does it say? Anyone care to translate?

Basically it says,

Joomjai, today I want to practise my Thai so I thought I would send an email to you. Please forgive any mistakes I'm trying to learn.

I had a great time with you. Next time that I come to see you I'll try to make sure that we are right together. I want to see you work on the farm with a buffalo to be certain that you are working hard. if you don't meet the target I'll get the buffalo to eat you. you'll have to eat it all or we will be married.Then there's a sentence I can't make much sense of, something about another planet and a large stomach and being just like one of your regular customers?

I hope that you find this email funny, from the buffalo from another planet.

Excellent, being able to write in Thai will put you ahead of the vast majority of the competition. Quite an ambiteous email as it can be difficult to translate humour. I'm sure she'll get the gist of it, sometimes the words are a bit too formal and the personal pronouns don't always match the formal language in the rest of it. I really couldn't make much sense of the final sentence.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Below is the translation

My favorite foreign buffalo

Honey

I would like to try my Thai so I think I'll write you an email. If there is an error I'm sorry but I am still trying to learn.

I have a good time with you and I will long remember. Next time I come I will try and be good with you. I would like to see you work on the farm with buffalo to make sure you work hard. If you are lazy and not work I will make you eat buffalo. You must eat it all or we will marry you to the ugly old alien with three. Teeth and big bellies. So in other words just a normal customer.

I hope you find this funny email.

From your favorite foreign buffalo

Ash (not ass)

I'm a fraud, I used google translate and it was the best I could get it to be. Anyway when speaking to her through yahoo or skype, i've sent her a couple of messages through chat in Thai focusing on being funny. Anyway I had her and her friends in stitches in the internet cafe. If you reverse check in google translate then you can get some basic chat going.

Edited by MintyCock

I'm a fraud, I used google translate and it was the best I could get it to be. Anyway when speaking to her through yahoo or skype, i've sent her a couple of messages through chat in Thai focusing on being funny. Anyway I had her and her friends in stitches in the internet cafe. If you reverse check in google translate then you can get some basic chat going.

What you were trying to write in the final sentences makes more sense now "Taang dao" means another planet, or alien or foreign. You actually wrote that you would get the buffalo to eat her! and then wrote in the next sentence that she would have to eat it all. great stuff anyway. Will you post her response?

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

What you were trying to write in the final sentences makes more sense now "Taang dao" means another planet, or alien or foreign. You actually wrote that you would get the buffalo to eat her! and then wrote in the next sentence that she would have to eat it all. great stuff anyway. Will you post her response?

Thanks Doc.

Because I wrote to her in Thai, she is convinced that I have either lived in Thailand for a long time or have a Thai wife hidden away somewhere.

I usually speak to her through skype or yahoo using the webcam but felt like writing an email as they were playing up yesterday. Anyway, i'll try to get her to write an email back and post it up.

Top marks for the effort mate!!

I have a girl i email and to say it is a confusing business would be an understatement....................lol

My thai is terrible but not as bad as her english........................oh well it's all fun i guess.

Chatting to a great chick on msn now and her english is better than mine!!!

Am I missing something or is minty addressing himself as a women throughout that? :Biatch12: poo-ching maybe

Spotted quite a few words that are never really used in speaking as well, but still work. i noticed อี as well, which probably wasn't the best thing to send.

last sentence, something about her being pleased with the buffalo planet?

Edited by herds

She loved my email and found it very funny so I guess she got the gist of what I was trying to say.

I've written another email and told her to write to me in Thai. She and her friends are completed perplexed by my ability to write in Thai.

Just for context, she always goes to the internet cafe with her fat friend so made a reference to her. It may seem nasty but I am sure she'll take it as a joke as I spent a lot of time joking about with them in Patts.

thailetter2.JPG

Edited by MintyCock

Here's the translation

Honey

Hi, fat girl I know you want to read my email.

Stop eating and focus on reading this email.

You like my email? If you like I'll write some more.

Write an email to me I want to know if I understand it.

I have to go back to work. My buffalo too lazy so I have to work harder on my farm. I will post to the fat girl, so she can play with it or eat it.

That is enough for now.

Good sleep and good dreams.