Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sabai Empress Hotel

MintyCock

Just thought i'd post about this hotel I had a look at on my last visit (April/May)

Sabai Empress is the latest hotel from the Sabai Group, which opened in late March.

They have a promotional rate which is 50% off I believe making the cheapest room 1450B per night (might be able to haggle further as I think occupancy was quite low). Even at this rate, I would not call it a bargain but it does seem like a nice hotel with some quality furnishings and facilities. Whilst not a bargain, it certainly is a decent option if you prefer staying around that area.

The (cheapest) rooms are tastefully decorated with what appeared like high quality furnishings. The room is not overly large but enough space for you to walk around in. The bathroom is relatively spacious with modern fittings and a large walk in shower. Without the inclusion of a balcony, I would've expected a lcd tv and a coach to warrant the rack rate they intend to charge after their promotion. Other benefits include slippers and robes, free wifi and a rooftop pool with what looked like a jaquzzi. The pool did look good with a bar.

Here are a few pictures (sorry for the quality, taken with my phone).

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Edited by MintyCock

:D

I got quoted by email 1250 for a deluxe room,got to agree that without a balcony they won't get many takers at the higher rates.

Rooms look o.k.,like the wooden floor and walk in shower.

I might take a look round when I get there next week,as I will be staying in Soi 1 in the Summer Spring which at 1050 a night is a better deal,spacious rooms,sofa and balcony.

:D

I got quoted by email 1250 for a deluxe room,got to agree that without a balcony they won't get many takers at the higher rates.

Rooms look o.k.,like the wooden floor and walk in shower.

I might take a look round when I get there next week,as I will be staying in Soi 1 in the Summer Spring which at 1050 a night is a better deal,spacious rooms,sofa and balcony.

Cool well I think I'm well placed to give some advice as I just spent 3 weeks at Summer Spring. That 1050B a night is after you get your 8th day free if i'm not mistaken.

Ask about the Sandy Springs card (got told about it on the last day) which costs 350B and last one year but will save you 100B per night at all Spring group hotels.

Back to the comparison, the rooms are larger at Summer Spring, the rooms have a coach and you also get a balcony. That's all that is better about Summer Spring. The downsides are that you are next to construction site, the furnishings are of lower quality, the tv channel choice is pathetic, shower over the bath tub, worse pool, free wifi only in the lobby and NO toilet hose. Having said all of that I'd probably choose Summer Spring as I seldom use the pool, room (except at night) or wifi.

I also visit this new place, great quality and good loaction. But i don't see a swim up bar only a traditional bar with great view on the city.

159146sabaiexbar.jpg

I also visit this new place, great quality and good loaction. But i don't see a swim up bar only a traditional bar with great view on the city.

159146sabaiexbar.jpg

Oops my bad. Yup only a traditional bar

I was quoted 1200 over the phone when i asked about the 50% discount they said this is with the discount.

If the full low season price is 2400, cant see any takers for the full high season price.

Or could it be that there is no 50% discount and theyre lying fcukers who think all farang are thi7ck as pigs sht7!

:GoldenSmile1:

1200 not looking too bad if 55 to the pound,is there an inroom safe?

Not surprising low occupancy-the Sabai Lodge website which mentions new Sabai Empress has zero info and no pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks a nice room & a good location.

1,200 Baht for low season is not cheap.

Thanks for the pics but Mr Minty your camera must have been on the blink as they are rough quality for you Sir.