Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

the digital camera purchasing dilemma

bolly

Talk about a fiasco---

Socomofos excellent pics and vids got me to thinking it was about time I got a decent camera.

Whoa--

Walking into a Japanese electronic store is like walking into the mother load of all selection situations. Just way way way to many to choose from. I thought I would just walk in, tell the clerk my price range and features and walk out--no way. Thus began an odyssey that took over a week.

blah blah blah---whatever. To make a very long story short, I decided that I wanted HD video, image stabilization and the rest be damned. Even this simple selection left me with several to choose from. So I decide Canon--(good reviews) but then i have like six models to choose from among Cannons. So i want compact. Now I got like 4. Finally I just basically closed my eyes and picked one. So here is what I got

Canon IXY 210 IS

http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/ixyd/210is/feature-design.html

I choose the fiery red one! (To mirror my inner angst at this whole adventure)

So now I got a camera-- :Drunk_Party:

bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Good idea! Review coming up soon.

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

babydollsaddict.gif

Good advice--have to figure out the english version of this camera. I think it is Powershot SD 780 IS---more digging to be sure and then that firmware is a must.

thanks for the tip

babydollsaddict.gif

Nice choice,I bought in Pattaya after weeks of online research so can sympathise with the predicament you faced

Well my better angels spoke to me and made me realize that me giving a digi camera review would be about as useful as me giving advice on "do it yourself dentistry".

So I found the cnet review of my camera (although with the english name of powershot 780 IS)

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/ca...7-33528995.html

They seem to like it but with their usual caveats.

I did do some testing and found the flash is really powerful, colors are great, has lots of things to fiddle with if that is of interest, and it is small and convenient.

But best let the experts give their opinion.

anyway---it seems a reasonable choice for me. Will spend the next months before my trip using it as often as I can and learning the ins and outs of this camera.

best to all in your digi cam future purchases.

babydollsaddict.gif