IGNORED

? for people who have stayed Pattaya Bay Resort

Sly FOX

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if the in room safes at Pattaya Bay Resort are big enough for a laptop? Also, does anyone have photos that they have taken of a standard room there? If so, could you direct me or post them.

Thanks,

Sly Fox

Safe is not big enough for a standard size laptop, but big enough for a netbook (EeePC, Sony Vaio etc). No pics here unfortunately, but they do have some on the hotel website.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

Safe is not big enough for a standard size laptop, but big enough for a netbook (EeePC, Sony Vaio etc). No pics here unfortunately, but they do have some on the hotel website.

That's interesting. I stayed one night there last year and I would swear there was plenty of room for my Dell Latitude D630. Certainly alaptop with a 17" screen would struggle although I'd be surprised if many people travel with these.

That's interesting. I stayed one night there last year and I would swear there was plenty of room for my Dell Latitude D630. Certainly alaptop with a 17" screen would struggle although I'd be surprised if many people travel with these.

You'd be wrong I'm afraid. It might look like it, but if you try getting one through the door you'll find they are far too small on the inside. One member here even mentioned being unable to fit a 12' laptop that he'd purchased specifically for fitting into room safes: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Patta...744#entry388744 .

If it can't fit a 12 inch, a 14.1 like your Dell won't have much chance.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

I stayed at PBR for three weeks last month, and i had my laptop with me. I always left it on the table, unlocked (even though i had the lock with me).

No problem at all.

And yes, some people do travel with 17" laptops:) I use it for games and movies, so a big screen is a must....

My laptop wouldn't fit in the safe.

The website has accurate pictures of the rooms

I am sure they would have other places to store your laptop if you asked and their security is better than most other places - from memory they phone you when your guest leaves?

Any problems e mail them - they are nice people and will try to help.

I stay there regularly and i agree with Markus Welby cause mine wont fit. I lock it in my suitcase and over about 10 or 12 stays there in last 18 months have never had a problem.