IGNORED

Stupid question....Visa

Elcubanito

I will be in Thailand July 4th to the 30th. I don't need a visa correct? Thanks in advance.

ElCubanito's Diary Volume 1Trip Report Archives PART 1 - 22.NEW NUMBER! Coming soon! Pattaya May 25 - December 2010. 6 months Biatch!!! Lb hunting, Foursomes, MMF, Soi 6 Crawls.....lets do it!

Correct,you'll get the 30 day on arrival visa which will cover you for these dates.

"Once you've gone asian you'll never go caucasian"

I will be in Thailand July 4th to the 30th. I don't need a visa correct? Thanks in advance.

Thats right you do not need a visa and you can stay for without worrying about it

• 1 year later...

[/quYou can get into Thailand without a visa from most countries

I thought they had changed it to 15 days on arrival but I may be wrong. I will check for you and post a reply.

From what I've been told it's 15 days (tourist visas) if coming in to Thailand by land (e.g. from Cambodia via Poi-Pet ). However if you are arriving by air you should get 30 days on a tourist visa. Anyone coming by land from Cambodia who wants to stay longer than the 15 days they now give ,is advised to apply at the Thai Consul in Phnom Phen where they can get a 30 day tourist visa (don't know how much this costs).

Anyone who wants to stay here any length of time is advised to get a 12 month "o" visa in their own country from the Thai consul in that country. This gives the freedom of staying for up to 12 months with the need to leave Thailand only every 3 months (90 days).

Hope this helps.......M.T.R.

Pretty much the correct info but the terminology is wrong in some of the posts.

Your nationality makes a big difference but most of us here are westerners with the same rules.

If you're from the US you are not eligible for Visa on Arrival. These are for citizens of specified countries and a VOA is not the same thing as visa exempt entry.

If you fly in without a visa you will be given permission to stay for 30 days on a visa exempt entry. This is NOT a visa OR a visa on arrival it is a visa exempt entry. If you cross by land you will only get 15 days UNLESS you Do have a visa.

If you get a Tourist Visa it is good for 60 Days stay on arrival.