Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Two British Tourists killed following high speed road accident.

LaaMok

The Thais can be so damn morbid, showing all that gore...and posing for a photo op with the bodies, and holding one of the guy's IDs up to the camera...WHY?

Perhaps someone can explain the cultural reasons behind this, or start a thread on it. :Lost1:

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LaaMok

• el_jefe

• The Deported One

• noodles

how could to persons die by just hitting the pavement?

From the video, it looks like they died instantly when they hit the pavement at high speed wearing salad bowls for helmets.

Not to take anything away from such a tragedy but i guess the only positive in this is they died instantly while having a good time on holidays.

A part of the problem is that these bikes are very easy to rent and there is no need to prove your are a licenced bike rider in farangland. I would bet 80%+ of these people that rent sports bikes here do it because it's something they can't easily do back at home. Throw in some booze and letting your guard down while on holiday and its a recipe for disaster. It would have been just as terrible if the pillion was a Thai girl he had just bar fined.

If you ride a sport bike, you need to have some wits and skill about you or you are in for a world of hurt. Also, since you are often dealing with close tolerance high end, high performance hardware, sport bikes are not just for every common joe who can turn a key and twist a throttle. Any lemming can do that.

Very tragic, RIP lads.

RIP guys

It is not worth it to ride a bike in thailand.

We farang do not know the rules on the thai road.

Just stick to the tuk tuk

babydollsaddict.gif

Same rules as anywhere.

Don't ride/drive pissed

Wear protective gear

Same rules as anywhere.

Don't ride/drive pissed

Wear protective gear

Same rules as anywhere.

Don't ride/drive pissed

Wear protective gear

Same rules as anywhere.

Don't ride/drive pissed

Wear protective gear

Same rules as anywhere.

Don't ride/drive pissed

Wear protective gear

Same rules as anywhere.

Don't ride/drive pissed

Wear protective gear

cant get any video just pics,terrible-i presume they show it to show you wat speed does,bad for the families if they saw that but can understand it wudnt be bad idea to have sumtin like that here for ads dont drink drive etc.

2 young fellas,sum waste.rip

RIP guys

It is not worth it to ride a bike in thailand.

We farang do not know the rules on the thai road.

Just stick to the tuk tuk

First, RIP - it's terrible they paid the ultimate price and lucky they didn't take anyone else with them.

BUT, that's a pretty broad brush there kaka - a) they were riding a high performance bike in frigging Pattaya; b) at 6 am?; c) with the helmets that come with the bike - salad bowls; d) possibly drunk.

It's too easy when you get drunk (and especially when you are young) to go on a race through the streets of a big city.

Personally, I semi-blame these people renting the bikes out - wtf do you need with a big ass racing bike in pattaya? They know damn well what happens - and not to give you good helmets? WTF? Back in the west, they would be semi-liable if those guys didn't have an international motorcycle license.

Same rules as anywhere.

Don't ride/drive pissed

Wear protective gear

Well said. :Congrats1:

Edited by el_jefe

cant get any video just pics,terrible-i presume they show it to show you wat speed does,bad for the families if they saw that but can understand it wudnt be bad idea to have sumtin like that here for ads dont drink drive etc.

2 young fellas,sum waste.rip

Trust me mate you dont want to see it, its bad ill never ride a motor bike again in pattaya.

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

I certainly hope their relatives never get to see that video or any of the graphic pictures that the Thais show.

The Thais have got themselves into trouble for showing this kind of thing before. In about 1992 a Lauda jet crashed soon after take-off from BKK airport. Photographs of many of the bodies were shown in a special edition of the magazine "nung kow nung" (191) which caused a large outcry as most of the victims were Austrian.

I don't know when they stopped publishing 191, I can't remember seeing it since that 90's but it used to feature write-ups on the investigating officers of murders complete with pictures of them pointing to entry and exit wounds etc completely uncensored, on the next page would be a topless TG with her nipples covered with a superimposed heart!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

poor fuckers, i feel sorry for their friends and families . but will this stop rink drivin ? no it wont they should show this vid to anyone under 30 renting a bike just to remind them .

It would have been just as terrible if the pillion was a Thai girl he had just bar fined.

I rarely disagree with you noodles, but here I have to. IF (and it's a big if) they were driving drunk, it would have been a lot worse morally if they took a BF with them.

Whether or not drunk, it is a tragedy and I hope they rest in peace.

Perhaps someone can explain the cultural reasons behind this, or start a thread on it. :Congrats1:

I think Thais have a morbid curiosity, when you go to Thai markets sometimes you see a sick tsunami video for sale and there is a whole crowd round the tv.

But I think if you look deeper, it does have its purpose, I shown that video to my gf and she is back wearing her helmet 100% of the time, I have reduced my speeds again and I am sure alot of us will be thinking twice about drink driving for a while anyway. If we had heard of another crash we probably wouldn't have stopped to think. If i had died in that manner I would rather my death help prevent save another life... if I was family of those men, i would be angry of course, but seeing the brutality is highly emotive. I am not saying I agree to it, but it may have saved lives.

I shown that video to my gf and she is back wearing her helmet 100% of the time,

I have reduced my speeds again

will be thinking twice about drink driving for a while anyway.

If i had died in that manner I would rather my death help prevent save another life...

if I was family of those men, i would be angry of course, but seeing the brutality is highly emotive.

I am not saying I agree to it, but it may have saved lives.

Good, salient points, agree 100%

Regarding Tsunami videos. When I lived in Phuket, would get photos developed. What suprised me, were the photos of the victims on show and readily available, mostly all were bloated and burned with the sun..

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

the risk of injury from riding a bike is always there, in the uk you have a high protection from good quality helmets and leathers, plus ankle and foot protection, so you stand a chance.

in thailand you ware skate board helmets, T shirt shorts and flip flops???. the bike is second hand, with high preformance on bad roads, it might have good tyres and brakes.

You might not have had any experiance.

Then we get to the other drivers / ridders, with budder on there side. DONT DO IT, hire a small twist and go or the 50p bar bus.

Young men in the prime of life what a shame,

The Thais can be so damn morbid, showing all that gore...and posing for a photo op with the bodies, and holding one of the guy's IDs up to the camera...WHY?

Perhaps someone can explain the cultural reasons behind this, or start a thread on it. :GoldenSmile1:

This article provides a good explanation http://www.buddhistethics.org/10/ladwig01.html

Go to most temples and you will see gruesome photos of corpses.

A very sad time for their families

Kind of gives a whole new meaning to "He lost his mind." Doesn't it?

I rarely disagree with you noodles, but here I have to. IF (and it's a big if) they were driving drunk, it would have been a lot worse morally if they took a BF with them.

Whether or not drunk, it is a tragedy and I hope they rest in peace.

I hear what you're saying el_jefe, in fact i was going to write that it would have been MUCH worse if the pillion was a bar girl he had just bar fined but changed it to what i wrote so as not to take anything away from this tragedy... respect.

But yes, i do agree it would have been worse if his pillion was a Thai girl.

Thankfully it happened at a time when there wasn't many other people around and no one else got hurt.

This video should be shown to drink drivers as shock education.

Facts are:

the guy who was driver was drunk, been in hot tuna all night and decided that he wanted to go for a ride at 6am, he asked his girl who declined, saying that he was too drunk and would not get on the bike with him in that state, he and his girl had only been together a few months, and he was over here visiting her with his friend.

who he asked if HE would like to go for a drive, he said yes, which was a tragic decision for the guy.

they departed from beach road, down second road, reports say they were weaving in and out of traffic doing ridiculous speed and paid the ultimate price for misjudging the danger posed by the combination of high performance bikes and drinks met with pattaya's notoriously bad roads.

R.I.P to the guys, and it should serve as a warning to anyone getting on a bike be they driver or passenger in Thailand or anywhere.

my friend die last month in koh samui,motor bike accident,,,he lived for a week or so and then died only 41 years old,,,them bikes in the wrong hands are dangers as hell,,,shame real shame,,,i feel for the two guys family and friends

Edited by willhaz74

Drinking and driving can`t go together. This tragic accident shows it once again, how fatale this combination can be. People intend to get reckless and there can be other people involved. As terrible as it is already for these guys and their families, it could be so much worse if innocent people were involved in this tragedy.

May these guys RIP and let their families find comfert in live again after life has taken it`s course after a while.

Let other people take lessons in the horror of life and don`t make the same mistakes.

Respect,

Adrie

Just as well there stupid actions didnt kill me,my daughter or any one i know.You see these guys driving like superman every week in pattaya,bloody dangerous.But being young is loads of fun.

http://www.bargirl-spy.com/

THAI BARGIRL FIDELITY CHECKS,,IS SHE WITH ANOTHER MAN ?

http://www.pattaya-bargirl-investigations.com/

PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS PATTAYA

IS SHE STILL WORKING BAR ?

My condolences to family and friends

R.I.P Guys

A Small Prayer for you

Metta Sutta

In safety and in bliss

May all creatures be of a blissful heart.

Whatever breathing beings there may be,

No matter whether they are frail or firm,

With none excepted, be they long or big

Or middle-sized, or be they short or small

Or thick, as well as those seen or unseen,

Or whether they are far or near,

Existing or yet seeking to exist,

May all creatures be of a blissful heart.

Let no one work another's undoing

Or even slight him at all anywhere;

And never let them wish another ill

Through provocation or resentful thought.

And just as might a mother with her life

Protect the son that was her only child,

So let him then for every living thing

Maintain unbounded consciousness in being,

And let him too with love for all the world

Maintain unbounded consciousness in being

Above, below, and all round in between,

Untroubled, with no enemy or foe.

And while he stands or walks, or while he sits

Or while he lies down, free from drowsiness,

Let him resolve upon this mindfulness.

This is Divine Abiding here, they say.

Buddha.jpg

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

i try to follow the 3 strikes your out policy.

riding a bike, dangerous

riding fast, more dangerous

riding drunk, again even more dangerous

add the 3 and that's what you get

RIP to the lads and condolences to the families.

Member since Dec 06.

my god could have easy been me

ive done the very same thing down that road after a few beers on a cbr 900

with the wife on the back too,hi spirits and booze make you feel untouchable

luckily the wife got scared and through a strop and made me slow down

still love bikes but this has made me thinkl hard