IGNORED

Second hand motorbike

Michaelaway

Hi,

Looking for a second hand motorbike: Good condition automatic, like Nuovo. Want to pay 20,000 baht, or less-

Anybody have any good ideas re; where to go around here...?

Thanks a lot,

-Michael

You can buy a brand new manual for that on 3rd road.....and after a couple of days you won't even notice you are riding a manual. YOU are now on automatic!

Hi,

Looking for a second hand motorbike: Good condition automatic, like Nuovo. Want to pay 20,000 baht, or less-

Anybody have any good ideas re; where to go around here...?

Thanks a lot,

-Michael

Most Thai owned bikes seem to have a hard life. You would be better off buying new if you can. The new fuel injected Wave 110 is available for B34,000 or less. On the ground floor of Tuk Com there are Mios available for around B33,000.

You can buy a brand new manual for that on 3rd road.....and after a couple of days you won't even notice you are riding a manual. YOU are now on automatic!

I really would not buy a Platinum. Two people I know have bought them and had problems. I have never read or heard anything good about them.

Most Thai owned bikes seem to have a hard life. You would be better off buying new if you can. The new fuel injected Wave 110 is available for B34,000 or less. On the ground floor of Tuk Com there are Mios available for around B33,000.

I really would not buy a Platinum. Two people I know have bought them and had problems. I have never read or heard anything good about them.

Inside Tuckom downfloor ?, or outside downfloor, price looks so low ?.... are you positive on this,

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

The guy is looking for something similar to a nuovo! not a platinum or a wave........big difference

Inside Tuckom downfloor ?, or outside downfloor, price looks so low ?.... are you positive on this,

Went there about 3 days ago. They were on the ground floor between the main escalators I think price was either B32,900 or B33,900.

The guy is looking for something similar to a nuovo! not a platinum or a wave........big difference

Compared to a plate of som tam, a Boeing 737 or even a gerbil a Honda Wave is quite similar to a Nouvo.

gogo dog: I really would not buy a Platinum. Two people I know have bought them and had problems. I have never read or heard anything good about them.

Here's something nice about them. They make good boat anchors!

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

The bike shop on 3rd road and south Pattaya road across from Tony's food complex also has used bikes....I have a friend who has bought from there and recommended them...

The bike shop on 3rd road and south Pattaya road across from Tony's food complex also has used bikes....I have a friend who has bought from there and recommended them...

Many of the bike shops in Pattaya sell second hand bikes. Most of them are overpriced to the tune of B10,000 or more.

Went there about 3 days ago. They were on the ground floor between the main escalators I think price was either B32,900 or B33,900.

Just checked at TUCKOM at soi buakao, and nothing bike inside to see, on down floor , all over the place , near elevator or whatever , and checked even basement floor..... nothing to see or find that even look as a bike, i guess it happened a temporary offer from a rented selling place

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Compared to a plate of som tam, a Boeing 737 or even a gerbil a Honda Wave is quite similar to a Nouvo.

I guess you are correct they both have a engine and wheels

There is a bike auction every Friday near Jomtiem, but I wouldn't get into that unless you know what you are doing.

The best way to buy a bike is to keep watching the classifieds here, or thaivisa, or the notice boards around town and look for a someone that is leaving Thailand and needs to unload their bike quick. You can easily save 10-15k on almost new bikes if you get the right seller.

Here is a Mio for 27500 THB, maybe can be talked down some.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...atic-21324.html

Edited by BlackSwan

Michael....

maybe mention your Pattaya and motorbike experience on the thread.

it'll give more of a clue to the rest of us.

If you are a good dirt biker in the USA, you'll LOVE motorbiking in LOS!

Hair raising. If you have no or limited bike experience, be careful, Easy to die on

a motorbike in Thailand. Don't mix booze and bikes.

And...do you currently live or plan on living in Pattaya? or just a short visit?

If you are an experienced rider and plan on staying in Pattaya, buy new.

If this is your first visit and unfamiliar with Pattaya, rent.

Too many of us from farangland go looking for a used ride based on our farangland experience.

Bad move.

In USA, many folks buy a motorcycle and it sits in a garage after they had a scare.

Hence, there is a thriving secondhand market in the USA and Europe. I bought a brand new

Honda (XR650L) for $2k USD. New, it costs $6k USD. It had under 1k miles on it.

Such a market just doesn't exist in Thailand. Don't believe me, go out and ride all the junkers

out on the lots.

Pieces of crap. Since you're buying used, you also enter into the stolen bike realm....does the bike have

a green book? Ground off serial numbers? Are you buying someone else's bike that been nicked? Good luck registering a bike that has tags OUT of your province. Just the paper chase alone registering a used bike makes it worth it to buy new.

Once place on Sukhumvit just north of Nua had about 12 Honda Waves, wow!

They all looked in excellent shape. Then I noticed all the odos were between 5-6kms.

NO WAY. If anything, teh bikes had 105k on them.

And the engines all had that 'Thai engine remodel'---yeah, a coat of flat black paint.

I looked under the hood and got glares from the shop staff. I took a hike.

In LOS, the Thais beat the crap outta their rides.

An oil change? What is that?

Buying used and you are asking for it, imho. So knock yourself out trying to save a few baht.

Keep track of repair receipts and in the first year, with basic repairs, you could've had a NEW bike.

Go-Go-Dog has an excellent thread on this very topic.

Check it out.

It gets down to personal preference. Some guys like an auto trans. I like the semi-automatic tranny of a Honda Wave.

Chain drive. Good torque.

Skip Bobby's Junk Yard on Sai Sam. That's the guy selling the Platinum crapcycles.

Across from Soi Xzyte. Buy one and write up a POS Report.

You MIGHT be able to score a decent bike from a rental shop. Since it is low season and not many punters in town.....

test drive a bike that is used for renting. Again, you are rolling the dice.

Best bike shop in Pattaya: any of the Mityon Motors. You are on Soi Buckhao where it terminates at Pattaya Tai.

To your immediate RIGHT is a Honda/Suzuki dealership....towards the ocean, west side of Buakhao.

This is the place to go. Why?

.....every bike needs servicing and these guys are good and fast and honest. Plus, you can go to Tukcom for a coffee while your oil getting changed.

I was in your same shoes in February and search for WEEKS for a decent ride. It was a very good and sobering lesson.

Convinced me to buy new.

So I did...a Honda Wave i 125cc. Runs very strong. Fuel injection. Honda claims 57kmpl, but I've been getting 65kmpl.

Some guys get 70kmpl. I weigh 110kgs.

Depending on your weight, you can check out the Honda Wave 110cc with PGM-F1 Programmable fuel injection.

Semi-automatics bikes get better gas mileage over any auto trans bike.

I've rented almost every bike in the book. For an auto trans, the Suzuki Hayate was my fave.

Great motor and speedy off the line. Nice trunk storage space. good design. Maybe the CG is a little high.

(center of gravity)/

The Yam Nuovo the absolute craqppiest bike every made...in my book.

Just steers like boat, lousy handling and crappy all-around-assembly.

My song satangs.....

Mint

ALL girls like it in the Ass. Not all know it....yet!

Many Bikes are repossed by the Bank and must be sold...Banks don't want these liabilities...There is an auction on Trepassit Rd behind the Tesco Lotus and I think they auction repossed bikes every Friday...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

• 2 weeks later...
Just checked at TUCKOM at soi buakao, and nothing bike inside to see, on down floor , all over the place , near elevator or whatever , and checked even basement floor..... nothing to see or find that even look as a bike, i guess it happened a temporary offer from a rented selling place

They now have them in Carrefour. Go upstairs near the store entrance, Mios for B32,900.