IGNORED

Student Visa

JonnyOz

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows for a student visa for the financial requirements if you are able to support them, as in if they don't have the money, you provide the financial requirements?

Or must the financial requirements (ie. bank account with money) be in their name?

Thanks,

John

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows for a student visa for the financial requirements if you are able to support them, as in if they don't have the money, you provide the financial requirements?

Or must the financial requirements (ie. bank account with money) be in their name?

Thanks,

John

If I was you I would contact the immigration department. However, given that for a tourist visa a resident can provide the funds for the visitor I doubt that a study visa would be any different. You would have to demonstrate that you have the capacity to support both yourself and her while she was there.

You might be able to find some information on the Immigration department's website. Here is a link to information about the visa (I am assuming that she would be studying English): ELICOS Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 570) - Assessment Level 2

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The prospective student will need to demonstrate an independent financial capacity, not just reliance on a sponsor.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. I've looked at the Immigration Website thoroughly as well as other reference material. For me it wasn't clear, I think being a level two assessment country, it is not clear on whether they need to independently provide financial capacity or if a sponsoring person is sufficient. Just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience in applying for a student visa.