IGNORED

Just Booked my flight for Christmas

blue1878

I know it's still only May but I have just booked my flights for Christmas and New Year 2009

In recent years I have flown with Etihad and I am a member of there Frequent Flyer programme.

So I fly from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Usually spend about 2 hours in Abu Dhabi. And then fly Abu Dhabi to Bangkok.

This week I managed to get a price of £750 so I booked it. I think thats a very good price. I could have waited and hoped that a cheaper price would come along but I didnt fancy taking that chance. I could have got a flight for £100 cheaper by flying back home a day later but if I had booked that I would have had to spend 10 hours in transit at Abu Dhabi airport. I didnt fancy that so I'm flying back a day earlier.

As anybody else booked a flight for this holiday period and what prices have they paid

I'm flying to Thailand on the 16th December and flying home on the 3rd January

Edited by blue1878

thats an excellent price for xmas my friend told me he payed £780 and that was with china airways!

Never done Xmas in LOS before but if 750 is a good price I think i'll give it a miss and go a in Feb when things are a little quieter.

Hope you have a great time Blue!

Never done Xmas in LOS before but if 750 is a good price I think i'll give it a miss and go a in Feb when things are a little quieter.

Hope you have a great time Blue!

Thanks Terry

Because of where I work I am restricted a little as to when I can go on holiday. My work place is always closed in between Christmas and New year so I can add other days that I am owed to make it worth while going to Thailand in December.

Edited by blue1878

flying 18 th Dec back 7 Jan on Etihad as well got it for 200 Pounds Business class :Dunno1::Flying: , coming from Saudi........

Did use up all my air miles though :)

and if i had gone out 2 day before ie on the 16th they wanted almost twice the normal airfare :Cry4:

flying 18 th Dec back 7 Jan on Etihad as well got it for 200 Pounds Business class :22600584-Th::Flying: , coming from Saudi........

Did use up all my air miles though :rolleyes:

and if i had gone out 2 day before ie on the 16th they wanted almost twice the normal airfare :Cry4:

I used my Etihad airmiles for my trip in July/August. I had enough airmiles for a free return trip from Manchester to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi. I only had to pay £199 for airport tax's

Sorry I can't agree. £750 is way to much. I mean its not even a direct flight.

This early in the year you should get flights in the £500 region. I have just booked with EVA. £500 direct ( Dec-Jan)

I used my Etihad airmiles for my trip in July/August. I had enough airmiles for a free return trip from Manchester to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi. I only had to pay £199 for airport tax's

most of my 200 was taxes as well, only had to pay 65 pounds to make up shortfall in air miles.

Have a bloody great trip mate and of course the best of luck in the FA Cup final..Quick question...Would you sacrifice your trip to Pattaya for Everton to win the FA Cup? :FYI1:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Did you try Expedia.co.uk? I am just about to book and Expedia is £75 cheaper than Etihad website.

This early in the year you should get flights in the £500 region. I have just booked with EVA. £500 direct ( Dec-Jan)

Sonny the OP is flying from Manchester. Agree that £750 seems on the higher end but I don't understand your comment about direct flights. Are there any direct flights from Manchester to Bangkok?

Edited by som nam na

well blue, hope to see you this July mate for a bit of you know what (nudge nudge wink wink)

Not sure if i will be there at xmas, as luckily im a bit more flexible with time, so have to echo terry tibbs statement regarding the airfare, however i dont ever like to rule out trips to thailand ;)

Well its all booked now, so dont worry yourself about the economic stuff, just look forward to it. Its nice to have something to look forward to, nothing worse than not knowing when your going to go back, like a heroin addicts who doesnt know where his next hit is coming from :GrinNod1:

you dont care as long as it's, what you think is a fair price, and your there at the time you want. When your there you ring the bell spend drink etc. Would a £100 make that much differance?

When i go in August the fare will be £500 to £600, If i went in September my mate got £ 400, I will stil go in August.

Have a bloody great trip mate and of course the best of luck in the FA Cup final..Quick question...Would you sacrifice your trip to Pattaya for Everton to win the FA Cup? :GrinNod1:

Alleycat don't be asking me hard questions lol

I think I would sacrifice my christmas trip.

But Everton are going to win the FA Cup anyway.

And I will be at Wembley to watch them

well blue, hope to see you this July mate for a bit of you know what (nudge nudge wink wink)

Not sure if i will be there at xmas, as luckily im a bit more flexible with time, so have to echo terry tibbs statement regarding the airfare, however i dont ever like to rule out trips to thailand ;)

Well its all booked now, so dont worry yourself about the economic stuff, just look forward to it. Its nice to have something to look forward to, nothing worse than not knowing when your going to go back, like a heroin addicts who doesnt know where his next hit is coming from :GrinNod1:

Hi culvers I'm looking forward to meeting you in July/August and we will have a few beers and have some fun in the bars

Sonny the OP is flying from Manchester. Agree that £750 seems on the higher end but I don't understand your comment about direct flights. Are there any direct flights from Manchester to Bangkok?

There are no direct flights to Bangkok from Manchester

If you fly from Manchester to Bangkok you have to make at least one stop

Lookin to go this time aswell anyone find a flight cheap keep me informed

There are no direct flights from Manchester to Bangkok so I have to fly to Thailand via another country. So from Manchester I have to fly on 2 scheduled flights not one. As I'm flying 2 scheduled flights I don't think they should work out cheaper than 1 direct flight.

I also think £750 return with Etihad is a good price for the dates I am flying. If I had returned home a day later I could have got a the price £100 cheaper with Eihad but I would have had to have spent 10 hours in transit at Abu Dahbi.

I could have got a cheaper price flying with with another airline but I like Etihad and am a member of the ff club so I am happy to stay with them

Edited by blue1878

Did you try Expedia.co.uk? I am just about to book and Expedia is £75 cheaper than Etihad website.

Hi som nam na I have just checked the expedia website. And they worked out at £14.40 more than the price I've already booked.

I'm flying home on the 3rd January but initially I wanted to fly back home on the 4th January. For the 4th January my best price for Etihad was £651. Just checked with Expedia and there price was £644 which is £7 cheaper. I decided against flying home on the 4th because I would have spent just over 10 hours in transit at Abu Dahbi airport. And I didnt want to spend 10 hours at Abu Dhabi airport.

Flying back a day earlier I will only only be at Abu Dhabi airport for about 2hrs 15minutes.

The extra £100 I have to pay for my flights will be saved by spending one less night in Pattaya