IGNORED

Isaan Accomodation

Anyone who intends to visit the Kaset Sombun or Nong Bua Daeng areas of Chaiyaphum may be interested to know about the Barry House Resort. It is a new bungalow development of about 10 bungalows built around a swimming pool. The owner is Barry, an Englishman and a big West Ham United fan. He runs it with his Thai wife, Durian.

He opened for business about the middle of last year and has steadily been building up trade. There is a small bar/restaurant, a gym, table tennis, and internet availability. The big draw is the swimming pool, although it has the West Ham club logo on the bottom.

The chalets are new, clean, with air con. But painted by Barry in West Ham claret and blue.

The resort is sign posted in Thai. You'll find it on road #2037 on the right hand side as you travel from Nong Bua Daeng to Kaset Sombun; he's close to Kaset Sombun.

Its a great place to stay if you are visiting the village with your tilac but cannot stand the thought of roughing it in the Thai family home. Prices at the moment are THB500 per night. I know Barry because he is just up the road from my house.

I have some photos of the resort but am unable to upload them.

The office contact number for bookings is: 044 869250

The business card also gives Barry's number: 081 7304977

My reports come from the front line.

Now being a West Ham supporter myself, I already like the sound of the place from the color scheme lol. It is great finding these hotels and bungalows out in the middle of Issan though.

I know in Selaphum in Roi-et they have a similar setup called Lucky Bungalow. I'm sure any of the guys on here who will be visiting the TGF's families in the near future in that area, will be thankful for the info Crusader.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for those words Mr Dream Transport.

Thanks also to the mods for upgrading me which means I am now able to post more pix. So here are some shots of the pool with a couple of the bungalows, the final shot is of the bar area.

BarryResort1.JPG BarryResort2.JPG

BarryResort3.JPG BarryResort4.JPG

My reports come from the front line.

was in chayapum recently

will try to check it out if i in that area

looks v nice

Member since Dec 06.

• 2 years later...

just stayed there recently...good clean rooms etc and great if you just want to chillout...will be going back again