IGNORED

Tuk Com Rosetta Stone

stray dog

Today I purchased the Tuk Com copy of Rosetta Stone, '26 in 1'. I was somewhat suspicious but gave it a go, well I think what I got was a demo disc, level 1 of 26 languages. Has anyone else had this? Any one used the real McCoy?

Today I purchased the Tuk Com copy of Rosetta Stone, '26 in 1'. I was somewhat suspicious but gave it a go, well I think what I got was a demo disc, level 1 of 26 languages. Has anyone else had this? Any one used the real McCoy?

I guess you got what they told you was on the disk...lol

You might be able to get it on bittorrent but I am not sure if it will be a legal copy.. :Drunk_Party:

BTW it si possible to get the real thing in Tucom for the same price as your demo disk as I have bought one in the past.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have purchased the thai disc and it works fine. I would doubt the 26-1 disc is a demo as it is on a dvd. I also just downloaded pimsleur 30 lessons in thai. Lots of seeders last week

Thanks for the input guys. My disc just seemed to have a section in each language, fairly basic to say the least; cat, dog, girl, boy, girl with cat, boy with dog etc. It was on a DVD so I may give it another try!!

• 2 months later...

Hello all...I am looking for the full version of the Rosetta Stone on a USB flash. I am willing to pay way more than "a couple of beers" for this. please PM me....samuijim

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica

samuijim - If you're in the UK I can help with rosetta stone and pimsleur stuff, all tested etc with dvd/cd cases, quality looking cds glossy covers etc, cheap to board members.

Edited by herds

• 1 month later...

I have had the Rosetta Stone Thai in ISO format on my computer for over a year and I have been too lazy to burn a copy of it and make use of it....

Eat. Down. South.

You can certainly get all 30 lessons of Pimsleur on torrent sites.

And, if you want it, you can get a copy of my crib-sheet of those lessons on an excel spreadsheet. Just provide your email details and I will forward it as an attachment.

I have not done Rosetta Stone, but I am not sure that I am missing too much, given the recent 'classifiers' topic where we discussed Rosetta and the camels standing on three and four legs.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

• 4 weeks later...

do a torrent search and you can find Thai for rosetta stone. You need two downloads:

1. the rosetta stone application

2. the thai files for rosetta stone

Starting looking at this, I like the interface, but the vocabulary choices are not great, unless you want to talk about cats, dogs, and airplanes. But, I think this could be used in conjunction with Pimsleur (I prefer this). RStone is also good if you want to get into some reading writing (I don't!)

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

Yeah so far I don't like RS. I haven't pop'd in pimsleur just yet though. I have both and the RS.iso I got had the application already in the iso, so I didn't need to create a whole new disc. Thai seems to be a language not a lot of people are after, so it makes things that much harder to find good language building audios/videos, but I will keep on the look out and report back with any findings.

Reading/writing just isn't my thing. Be nice if a board member made his own movie/ebook/slideshow to go along with the common scripts in thailand, like pharmacy, restaurant, basics like that. Along with the most common phrases a bm may use. :Trolls1:

2ll0roh.gif

Yeah so far I don't like RS. I haven't pop'd in pimsleur just yet though. I have both and the RS.iso I got had the application already in the iso, so I didn't need to create a whole new disc. Thai seems to be a language not a lot of people are after, so it makes things that much harder to find good language building audios/videos, but I will keep on the look out and report back with any findings.

Reading/writing just isn't my thing. Be nice if a board member made his own movie/ebook/slideshow to go along with the common scripts in thailand, like pharmacy, restaurant, basics like that. Along with the most common phrases a bm may use. :D

Yeah, i'd pay money for that! My local library has a book "making out in Thai" - not quite sure why they picked this book - it has stuff about requesting blow jobs etc...but sadly it's overall not a great book -- and with no audio to go with it, likely to be pissing in the wind, when actually speaking the phrases to a thai -- think of how hard it is to work out what low-level English speakers are saying; and then add the confusion of tones! Probably end up with a girl sucking on your big toe, and thinking you are a kinky perv. and yeah, seems not a lot of really good quality materials.

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.