IGNORED

Open return / single way ticket

AnthonyK

Hi,

My tgf is hopefuly coming on holiday to England (pending visa) in July for a month. Am not sure how long she will be staying though as I have said if she is happy she can stay a few more weeks.

Does she need to have a return ticket to get through immigration on entering the UK? If she does is an open return ticket ok?

Cheers,

ant.

The price for a single would be just about the same as a return. If you read the T&C's you might be able to find a return where you can change the date for a small fee.

I am not a trusted members so i guess i cant start a thread. iIalso have a open ticket question I am not trying to jack your thread so sorry in advance I am getting a ed visa for education that's good for a year renewable every 90 days. Do i have to have a return ticket when i go threw immigration in Thailand? I hold a United states passport if anyone can chim in on this please do

peace

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

I would book a return ticket ensue she is ready for a million questions from immigration they are really tightening up on entry to the UK. They have the right to refuse her entry even though she has a valid entry permit.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Absolutely 100% get her an open return flight or one that you can change dates on. Immigration could quite rightly assume that she does not plan to leave if she arrives on a one-way ticket. If they think that they only have one option. The airline will probably not let her board the plane with a one-way ticket.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Absolutely 100% get her an open return flight or one that you can change dates on. Immigration could quite rightly assume that she does not plan to leave if she arrives on a one-way ticket. If they think that they only have one option. The airline will probably not let her board the plane with a one-way ticket.

Agreed why risk it.

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Hi,

My tgf is hopefuly coming on holiday to England (pending visa) in July for a month. Am not sure how long she will be staying though as I have said if she is happy she can stay a few more weeks.

Does she need to have a return ticket to get through immigration on entering the UK? If she does is an open return ticket ok?

Cheers,

ant.

To answer this question, just be safe and get a RT ticket for her. Now if she wants to extend, usually flights will allow a change to the flight for a 100 Euro fee (expedia does this). Better be safe than sorry. Plus RT tickets aren't much more than a one way ticket.

I am not a trusted members so i guess i cant start a thread. iIalso have a open ticket question I am not trying to jack your thread so sorry in advance I am getting a ed visa for education that's good for a year renewable every 90 days. Do i have to have a return ticket when i go threw immigration in Thailand? I hold a United states passport if anyone can chim in on this please do

peace

I have flown one way into Thailand a couple times. I've never been asked to produce my return ticket at Immigration to prove when I am going to be leaving. Just walk up say when you're leaving (at least as close as you can come to the actual date) and you'll be fine. You have nothnig to worry about if you're flying into Thailand without a return flight.

msg-16802-1244750478.jpg

How to resize your Photo's

I live my life like I type. Fast and with a lot of mistakes. ©

Shoot me an Email

I have flown one way into Thailand a couple times. I've never been asked to produce my return ticket at Immigration to prove when I am going to be leaving. Just walk up say when you're leaving (at least as close as you can come to the actual date) and you'll be fine. You have nothnig to worry about if you're flying into Thailand without a return flight.

I have flown into Thailand numerous times on a one-way ticket. I have been asked by the airline once if I had a visa for Thailand and they wanted to see it. If I didn't have a visa I don't know what would have happened.

However, with an ED visa there is no problems arriving on a one-way.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes a return ticket.

The bad side is they are now cheaper to purchase in the UK.

To answer this question, just be safe and get a RT ticket for her. Now if she wants to extend, usually flights will allow a change to the flight for a 100 Euro fee (expedia does this). Better be safe than sorry. Plus RT tickets aren't much more than a one way ticket.

Correct, you do not need if you have a visa , i came with triple entry visa and no questions asked for it , as you do not know exactly when you leave the country

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

You can book the flight from the UK for her.

Thai Visa Express

• 1 month later...

yeah i noticed that when checkin prices before. for my gf to come here for holiday the cheapest i could find bangkok to manchester return was over £700 but when i went in may/june my ticket only cost £293 return. even checking prices during school holiday time i can still go back for under £400.

guess she will have to wait for her trip here im going back there instead lol.

Within the rules it actually says the applicant must be able to cover the costs of an onward journey you do not need a return ticket. As long as you are aware of the rules when immigration ask you this they will back down. But for all the hassle i advise you to book one.

Thai Visa Express