IGNORED

Royal Twins Palace Hotel

ziggi

Royal twins Palace hotel. 2nd road.

Across from the royal garden plaza, with the crashed plane.

Stayed in this hotel 4 times, and can recommend it. Ok at first glance prices seem a bit steep, but u can get a discount/ membership card which gives u a 3rd off the stated price. The superior rooms are normally 2400 but with card 1600, and thats in high season, it's less now. Also if u have card and friends don't u can sign them in for same price. It's got a great pool with bar for drinks and snacks, also free towels and mats for loungers. hotel foyer is massive with bar and full size snooker table 100 bt per hr. Rooms are large and have well stocked mini bars air con, tv, etc, and large balcony, ( ask for them).

Free sefety boxes at reception, and they are very helpful.

Decent resturant and room service 24hrs, and most important no problem with the ladies, no joiner fee.

Just google the name and u will get the web site, i don't know if u can get the member card online, but if u are in patts u can just walk in and ask at reception tell them u have been recommended by a friend.

We never tried the sister hotel royal Palace but i imagine it will be the same deal, u can ask.

I see a lot of bm's looking at this price range maybe this will help, coming back to patts soon. Ziggy :Hate_Computer:

Yes its a good hotel , ive stayed there on and off from 2001 to 2006 , i had

the membership card , back then it cost 500 baht for 2 yrs , before the rooms

got done up , it cost 1250 , but with card 850 ,

• 4 weeks later...
Yes its a good hotel , ive stayed there on and off from 2001 to 2006 , i had

the membership card , back then it cost 500 baht for 2 yrs , before the rooms

got done up , it cost 1250 , but with card 850 ,

I've had the exact same experience. I stayed there in 2001 to 2004. Had the card sent to me after my last trip. Then it was 750 baht for a standard, every large room facing away from the mall. Only had an issue once in 2003 with bringing someone back. One of the counter girls stopped me after leaving guests' ID at the front. The other girl there spoke to her in thai and I understood the word " member " and they let me go. I guess I managed to escape the dreaded joiner fee.

Anyway, I have sent emails there asking about rates for the end of the year and they keep quoting the the price listed on the website.

Sadly, I will have to try other hotels if they don't give a better discount.

I used to stay there often,but got sick of the crap breakfasts and changed!

There used to be an old American guy who had lived there for years-Don't know if he,s still there.

I saw the place last year and thought it looked nice from outside. Searched the place just to see and found standard rooms at 1400 on thaihoteldiscount.com

Yquem

I was staying here since 1993 for all my trips to Patts.

They started bringing in 300 baht joiner fees about 3 years ago and put up their room rates, so I decided it was a time to change.

Im glad to hear that they have cancelled the joiner fee.

Its in a great location, the foyer is first class and the pool is superb. The rooms aren't top spec though.

I have to say that there are better hotels for the money (such as August Suites), but I suppose persona choice comes into it when you are paying 1500 baht, or thereabouts, for a room.

I stay 2006-2008 some times. With card if i remember right standard room was 1290 b

and same high or low season.But in low season you get one free day/1 or 2 weeks.

And every room have seawiew.

I was staying here since 1993 for all my trips to Patts.

They started bringing in 300 baht joiner fees about 3 years ago and put up their room rates, so I decided it was a time to change.

Im glad to hear that they have cancelled the joiner fee.

Its in a great location, the foyer is first class and the pool is superb. The rooms aren't top spec though.

I have to say that there are better hotels for the money (such as August Suites), but I suppose persona choice comes into it when you are paying 1500 baht, or thereabouts, for a room.

August Suites website says 500 joiner fee.

Yquem

It's like this

If you don't get a VIP Card it's full room rate and a joiner fee

If you get a VIP Card it's 25% off standard room rate and no joiner fee - it is 300 baht for more than one lady.

Security comes on about 6 pm so you can take as many ladies as you want before that time.

Breakfast is crap - if you ask for room with no breakfast you get 90baht off the room rate

Room service food is ok and not that expensive

Location is good - laundry, food store, baht bus route, cashpoint and exchange booth all within 3 minutes walk

Downside - getting a bit expensive now - I remember when it was 900 baht a night and they want 1000baht a week to use the in room broadband (not wireless).

At Xmas it's higher room rate, 300 bhat Xmas surcharge per night and 2000 baht compulsory Gala Dinner, I used to pay it but with the baht at 50 to the £ it was too expensive last trip.

August Suites website says 500 joiner fee.

Yquem

I know, but you will find they don't charge for as long as you don't have more than one girl back to the room. After that, it's 500 baht per person.

I was there in April and that was the case.

My friend just checked out last week, and, it was as I described.

Im not sure if they are planning on having joiner fees, but are relaxing it whilst there is not much business in Patts ??

There room rates that are advertised aren't accurate. If you just email them saying you want to pay 1500 baht, that seems to be the lowest short-term rates they will give.