IGNORED

View Talay 6 Condos Selling for 2.6 Million?

farang1

The real estate place across the street from the Areca Lodge has two VT 6 units, 48 sq.m, listed for 2.6 million. However, the official site lists these units for 4.2 million. Does anyone know what is going on the with the Pattaya real estate market? How could there be this much of a gap?

The real estate place across the street from the Areca Lodge has two VT 6 units, 48 sq.m, listed for 2.6 million. However, the official site lists these units for 4.2 million. Does anyone know what is going on the with the Pattaya real estate market? How could there be this much of a gap?

A 'value' can be whatever somebody decides to call it, but the 'selling price' is dictated by the market and the motivation of the sellers. There may be a number of people who are selling their units due to financial strain to a level that demands a faster sale rather than a top-dollar one.

What is the difference between the empty shell price and the final product?

What is the difference between the empty shell price and the final product?

Most of the time when you buy a condo in pattaya from the developer what you get is a concrete "shell" with no fittings. You have to hire a contractor to come in and build your kitchen, bath, tile, electrical, etc. So the 2.6 price is for the shell, then you can figure at least another 300k (very very basic) to whatever to fit out the place however you want.

One thing to consider is that as the shells are sold there is alot of construction in the building. That's why I wouldn't want to live in a place that is newer then two-three years. If you look at the outside and there still aren't many air conditioner yet then you can bet most of the rooms are empty shells. Look at VT5B as an example.

People are selling VT6 shells for the same price they bought them for, maybe less.

I have often wondered since 51% has to be Thai Ownership just where do they find this many Thai with this kind of Money? Thai Prices are CUT way down to fill that 51%...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I am curious what their official site is? I never saw prices listed. I do know that view talays 48sqm price is 3rd floor 2,448,000 27th floor is 2,976,000 (this list is about 2 months old)...

I have often wondered since 51% has to be Thai Ownership just where do they find this many Thai with this kind of Money? Thai Prices are CUT way down to fill that 51%...

I think most the thais on my street could get a 2nd mortgage for a condo no problems

I am curious what their official site is? I never saw prices listed. I do know that view talays 48sqm price is 3rd floor 2,448,000 27th floor is 2,976,000 (this list is about 2 months old)...

Go to http://www.viewtalay6.net/view_talay_6.htm where the price is listed at 95,000 per sq meter. I recall seeing the 4.2 million listed, I think, on the Fair Properties website.

I suspect that this is not VT 6 but one of the View Talays in Jomtien.

I suspect that this is not VT 6 but one of the View Talays in Jomtien.

actually those are for VT6

VT5D 2nd floor 1,440,000 48 sqm 21st (top floor) 1,848,000

VT7 2nd floor 2,352,000 49sqm 27th (top floor) 3,144,000

again these are off the price sheets i picked up in their office in the spring

Is this for the shell or the completed unit?

Is this for the shell or the completed unit?

these are for shells. In thailand as opposed to the states you only get concrete walls and ceilings. this was new to me coming from the states. anyhow you can figure for top end renovation 10,000 baht a sqm. at this price you should have total luxury..

these are for shells. In thailand as opposed to the states you only get concrete walls and ceilings. this was new to me coming from the states. anyhow you can figure for top end renovation 10,000 baht a sqm. at this price you should have total luxury..

Does not sound like a very good deal to me. I want to see exactly what I am buying, not some shell.

Does not sound like a very good deal to me. I want to see exactly what I am buying, not some shell.

Yes, but you can make exactly what you want with the empty shell. I like choosing the floors, kitchen, furniture on my own. The only trouble is getting it all done!